VA Disability Recipients And Retirees Are Getting Their Biggest Pay Raise Since 2012

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
A big deal for many who have been nearly stagnant for years.

Many Monthly Benefits Going Up

Thanks to the increase, the average military retirement check for an E-7 with 20 years of service will go up by $46 a month, while an O-5 with the same time in uniform will see an $88 monthly increase.

Disabled veterans will also see a bump, with the average VA disability check going up about $3 per month for those with a 10 percent rating, and $58 for those rated at 100 percent.

Other users, including Survivor Benefit Plan beneficiaries and those who draw Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), can also expect to benefit from the bump.

Military retirees and VA beneficiaries aren’t the only ones who benefit from the COLA increase. Civil service retirees will also see the 2 percent jump in their monthly checks.

And for Social Security recipients, the monthly increase will mean an extra $25 per month for the average beneficiary.

More @ VA Disability Recipients And Retirees Are Getting Their Biggest Pay Raise Since 2012

And you deserve it, RGS.

It get a rate that gives disability and VA complete medical with $8 prescriptions.

I am always disappointed I did not finish 20 years used to be a big problem for me when I was heavily depressed.

I wondered about how I would feel when I left after 12 years for grad school. I missed many adventures with the 1st Cav. But it was the right choice in retrospect

Forum List

Back