Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

So, you quot scripture on that ? Where you get that justcoutcof curiosity. Even so, Nature rejects homosexuality.

WHY post your ignorance for all to see????===2 Timothy 3:16 ►
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

A convenient translation that appeared for the first time in the homophobic late 19th century bibles.

I love it when idiots display their ignorance.

Your first amendments rights stop when it starts impacting on others civil rights. Let's change out the words "gay marriage" for "black" or "woman" and see how well your argument stacks up...

I can't call you a fuckwad if it makes it impossible for you to walk down the street?

Pretty sure it doesn't actually work that way.

You can call me anything you like. However, you can't stop me doing something that is within my civil rights because of your bigotted behaviour. No too hard to understand. Is it?

What civil right do I violate if I refuse to show up at your wedding? Most sane people prefer to keep people like me away from their weddings, I might yell fuckwad in the middle of it.

Your first amendments rights stop when it starts impacting on others civil rights. Let's change out the words "gay marriage" for "black" or "woman" and see how well your argument stacks up...

Likewise for you. So, someones right to be gay can infringe on my civil rights? Am I hearing this correctly? Not buying it. Your right to equality ends when it infringes on MY civil rights, buddy.

Er, no that is not what I am saying at all. I cannot think of one instance - under normal circumstances (ie, a gay person just going around there everyday business like everybody else) - how their life would impact on yours. I know a tonne of gay people and not once in my life has their life impacted on mine. So tell me, how are your civil rights being infringed if a gay couple get married?
We aren't talking about that type of thing though, which is why you make even less sense than you normally do.

they do like to ignore that, don't they? it's been more than 40 years since the bigots were dems.

i think it's amusing ....

then they'll pretend they're the party of lincoln.

What's amusing here is that more than one of you are sitting there equating homosexuality with slavery. I bet there are now hundreds of thousands of slaves spinning in their graves right now. Actually, for 6 years, we've had a racist in the White House; if you really want to be technical. He's done more to widen the racial divide than anyone in the last 40 years.

Nonsense.

No one is ‘comparing’ gay Americans seeking their comprehensive civil liberties to ‘slavery.’

To paraphrase Justice Kennedy in Lawrence, each generation seeks its own individual liberty using the principles enshrined in the Constitution to reach that goal.

The 14th Amendment guarantees every person living in the United States equal protection of the law, in this case equal access to marriage law for same-sex couples. You and others on the right hostile to gay Americans aren’t going to cloud and confuse the issue with inane and irrelevant references to ‘slavery,’

Can you not read? Or do simple internet searches? Perhaps you should tell your gay and liberal friends to stop making the comparisons then:

Gay is the New Black? | Advocate.com

For perspective:

Comparing Black Civil Rights to Gay Civil Rights - Michael Brown - Page 1

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 4 Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— 5 not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways. 1 thess. 4:4

oh neat this argument. Marriage has changed by definition numerous times.
regardless it doesnt matter. This opinion you have is loosing state by state. eventually it will be law and you will be irrelevant.

When has marriage ever changed from the definition of a man and woman consenting and joining together willingly? Most examples I can think of never got the light of day or even consideration until now. Polygamy never changed it, homosexuality never changed it, pedophelia never changed it, beastiality never changed it.

Show me some changes in history to support your claim that marriage is a moving target and accepted by the majority.
How marriage has changed over centuries - The Week

Go fuck yourself.

When did the church get involved?
In ancient Rome, marriage was a civil affair governed by imperial law. But when the empire collapsed, in the 5th century, church courts took over and elevated marriage to a holy union. As the church's power grew through the Middle Ages, so did its influence over marriage. In 1215, marriage was declared one of the church's seven sacraments, alongside rites like baptism and penance. But it was only in the 16th century that the church decreed that weddings be performed in public, by a priest, and before witnesses.

before that marriage was utter chaos am i right?
Fuck you
Gay 'marriage' in medieval Europe
Same-sex unions aren't a recent invention. Until the 13th century, male-bonding ceremonies were common in churches across the Mediterranean. Apart from the couples' gender, these events were almost indistinguishable from other marriages of the era. Twelfth-century liturgies for same-sex unions — also known as "spiritual brotherhoods" — included the recital of marriage prayers, the joining of hands at the altar, and a ceremonial kiss. Some historians believe these unions were merely a way to seal alliances and business deals. But Eric Berkowitz, author of Sex and Punishment, says it is "difficult to believe that these rituals did not contemplate erotic contact. In fact, it was the sex between the men involved that later caused same-sex unions to be banned." That happened in 1306, when the Byzantine Emperor Andronicus II declared such ceremonies, along with sorcery and incest, to be unchristian.

go fuck yourselves people...You are on the wrong side of history.

And in none of your rambling fuck you's did you ever prove me wrong. Thank you very much for proving me right, I appreciate your effort.

Why can't you Christians admit that the Bible is wrong? Why do "small government" Republicans want to legislate morality?

BOTH ends of the spectrum want to legislate morality.

The country would be better off if those ends would get over themselves and find another hobby.

Hey tell me whats so hellfire great about being amoral? Also why should we hide our beliefs when the founders themselves didn't? I know you like to sit there and think you are some how above others because you think you dont express intolerance but the truth is you are being even more intolerant then those who use faith to guide them.

God makes the rules, sure. The Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is not one of those Commandments.

THIS ""IS"" THE WORD OF GOD!! Do you deny that truth?????? Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 corinthians 6:9-11

And this is a good example of the ignorance and hate the Constitution protects citizens from, including gay Americans.
where again does it do that?

Although I dislike homosexuality and find it nauseating, I do believe homosexual Americans should have the same rights and freedoms of straight Americans. If things could be my way there'd be only Traditional marriage, but the nation isn't comprised solely of "me." People from all walks of life live here. Until I see something that gives reason to stop gay marriage cold, I don't see much reason to stop it. It'd be nice if marriage could stay as it has been for thousands of years, but that's not solely up to me, but all of us. None of that changes whether it's right or wrong, natural or unnatural, though. One could also say marriage itself isn't natural...

I am happy to see this discussion bringing MANY valuable perspectives and questions to this great, big table. Now if only we had good food and wine. :D:smiliehug:

let each state decide that for themselves.

How completely intolerant of you.... Not 100% accepting homosexuality means I'm intolerant? Really? I don't think so. If I could not tolerate you, I would attempt to erase you from existence. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't tolerate you. I tolerate you plenty, with your obscene gay pride parades, snarky and flamboyant drama, and your annoyingly forced lisping. And when I say “you,” I mean certain loud homosexuals like Perez Hilton. So, no. I'm more than happy to disagree with you while coexisting peacefully. One can tolerate those who disagree. Do you?

This is not tolerance. Tolerance is allowing others to be who they are AND YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE SNARKY ABOUT THAT.

Some Puerto Ricans do ALL of the things you say homosexuals do (Ricans are often fabulous from birth) but you don't call bigotry against them " tolerance"

Your rant above is more disgusting than anal sex. Anyone can participate in anal sex -- it takes a special person to recognize their own bigotry and repent.

Worked for Pope Francis! Who is he to judge, he says. That is exactly WJWD.

Regards from Rosie

grow up. Adults dont throw tantrums because others dont think they are right.

If you are gay, be gay and shut up about it.

I have two friends that are gay and one that is lesbian. They follow the above statement and that's what I love and admire about them.

Is the lesbian also gay?

The Lesbian community often insists on a separate name. Yes they are both gay technically.

Homosexual not gay....Gay means happy. It doesn't mean has sex with same gender.

GISMYS may be out there, but at least he wouldn't try to behead someone for being homosexual.

And we all know that.

no but they might beat a child to death because they act gay. Or drag one by a rope behind a truck. Or make the act of sodomy illegal, Or ban certain sections of the population from receiving rights.

no but lets just focus on beheadings as if we have some morally superior authority on the issue.

What a joke.
you are a hateful prick.

When I was teenager 16-18 I was constantly being approached by gay guys so I thought they could somehow sense that I was gay even though I was sure I was not. That worried the hell out of me.:lol:

Took me awhile to feel comfortable around gay men but after working with a lot of them I found out they are just like everyone else and now I simply don't care.

I always thought it was natures way of implementing population control since it has always occurred

Forum List

Back