Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

Do you now try to deny the truth of God's word????==Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10

I realize that men wrote the book, that men interpret the book, and that all men are capable of a great many failings and evils.

I eat pork, and I don't believe it to be sinful to do so even though I understand that thousands of years ago some jewish folk said it was sinful. IMO they were dead wrong. They probably made law to protect people from getting sick. Which would have happened if the pork was not clean and cooked completely.

I don't keep any slaves, even though the good book tells us how to keep our slaves. I believe slavery to be the same as theft, for how can one not steal from another while taking their labor by force?

I view the old testament more as a number of stories told down through the ages, than a book of laws that must be adhered to because god said so and if I don't I'll burn in hell. I look to the new testament to direct how I live, IMO the old-testament was significantly modified by the new testament, showing how some of the old laws may have been... wrong.

YOU prove my point! SEXUAL PERVERSION IS A COMPOUND EVIL SIN.WORST THAN MOST SIN IMHO. because those living in perversion want to say their sin is not sin thus they sin even more by trying to deny the TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!
Were you born with a mental handicap, or are just retarded?

I realize that men wrote the book, that men interpret the book, and that all men are capable of a great many failings and evils.

I eat pork, and I don't believe it to be sinful to do so even though I understand that thousands of years ago some jewish folk said it was sinful. IMO they were dead wrong. They probably made law to protect people from getting sick. Which would have happened if the pork was not clean and cooked completely.

I don't keep any slaves, even though the good book tells us how to keep our slaves. I believe slavery to be the same as theft, for how can one not steal from another while taking their labor by force?

I view the old testament more as a number of stories told down through the ages, than a book of laws that must be adhered to because god said so and if I don't I'll burn in hell. I look to the new testament to direct how I live, IMO the old-testament was significantly modified by the new testament, showing how some of the old laws may have been... wrong.

YOU prove my point! SEXUAL PERVERSION IS A COMPOUND EVIL SIN.WORST THAN MOST SIN IMHO. because those living in perversion want to say their sin is not sin thus they sin even more by trying to deny the TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!

ROFLMAO!!! TRUTH cause you to feel VANQUISHED???? GOOD!

Your, dumb ass view, is that being gay is a sin because it's a sin. And you think that's the truth of it because someone wrote it down that way thousands of years ago.

Your view of truth, is what you believe to be truth. IMO you are no better than the best servant of Satan. Why don't you go find a baseball bat and some gays to beat on to prove your worthiness to enter hell.

Your, dumb ass view, is that being gay is a sin because it's a sin. And you think that's the truth of it because someone wrote it down that way thousands of years ago.

Your view of truth, is what you believe to be truth. IMO you are no better than the best servant of Satan. Why don't you go find a baseball bat and some gays to beat on to prove your worthiness to enter hell.

see!!!!!!!!!! FOR YOU TO LIVE IN YOUR PET SIN OF PERVERSION you must try to deny the truth of god's word!!! thus you compound your sin!!

see!!!!!!!!!! FOR YOU TO LIVE IN YOUR PET SIN OF PERVERSION you must try to deny the truth of god's word!!! thus you compound your sin!!

Asshole.

God don't care either.

God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

And Lot's daughters tricked him into knocking them up.

what does the sins of lot and lot's daughters have to do with your sick sin of sexual perversion and the even worse sin of you trying to deny the truth of God's Word?????????? think!

I think the underlying problem was not the gays themselves, but how the GOP has used the "gay issue" to distract from what they've been doing to the country for the last 30 years.

In 2004, Bush ran for re-election (except he really stole his original election) and the economy still kind of sucked and people were getting an inkling that the war in Iraq was the mother of all fuckups.

So, we need to protect the institution of marriage. And they ranted and raved on this issue, like they really thought it was important, and don't any of you dare point out that Cheney's daughter is a lesbian.

The real problem they have now is that people just aren't worked up about it anymore.

So no GOP nominee can win without oppossing gay marriage (even though that battle has effectively been lost) but he can't win outside the Bubba Redneck states spewing that nonsense anymore.

The underlying issue that Republicans are tricking Democrats into bringing up gay rights to hide the fact that Bush is an idiot?

DAYAM.png

OK, let us say that I oppose homosexuality and believe them to be 2nd class citizens.
Even if I did, and I don't because I could give a damn who people fall in love with, then the issue of homosexuality would be maybe 177th on my list of priorities.
When we solved the other 176 then and only then would I spend one second of time debating the issue.
Went to a Little League game Saturday where a gay woman is one of the coaches and her adopted son sent one over the center field wall.
What I saw Saturday WAS JOY from all of those kids and no one gave a damn that 2 gay women were raising 2 adopted boys.
One of which is a very good athlete and both kids make straight As at school.

Lets say that your argument is actually relevant to the thread.

Sorry, can't keep a straight face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess with me it boils down to how I was raised. I saw the people in my family assist and go out of their way to be kind to those that they believed were looked down on in any way.
And when they knew there were gay folks, and sports fans all families have gay folks in them closeted or not, in the family they taught us to accept and love them for having the strength to be who they are.
Now that was hard for me many years in my life where the culture was almost anti gay everything and gay jokes were the norm but we all need a lesson in humanity from time to time.
But as I get to age 60 within a few months I am glad that I set aside all that baggage and live a life of freedom from judging others.

You were raised to be a bigoted idiot, and you decided the way to get over that was to be an idiotic bigot?

I can help you with that.

God didn't claim that homosexuality is a sin, the Bible did.

God didn't write the Bible, humans did.

Greed is a sin, but not homosexuality, according to God in the Bible.

Non sequitur....
You just couldn't bring yourself to resist a knee jerk reaction...

Oh darlin', it's not "some" it's A LOT. From the CDC (and this is just the lady bits)

• Number of women ages 15-44 with impaired fecundity (impaired ability to get pregnant or carry a baby to term): 6.7 million
  • Percent of women ages 15-44 with impaired fecundity: 10.9%
  • Number of married women ages 15-44 that are infertile (unable to get pregnant after at least 12 consecutive months of unprotected sex with husband): 1.5 million
  • Percent of married women ages 15-44 that are infertile: 6.0%
  • Number of women ages 15-44 who have ever used infertility services: 7.4 million

The boy bits

Many couples struggle with infertility and seek help to become pregnant; however, it is often thought of as only a women’s condition. A CDC study analyzed data from the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth and found that 7.5% of all sexually experienced men younger than age 45 reported seeing a fertility doctor during their lifetime—this equals 3.3–4.7 million men. Of men who sought help, 18% were diagnosed with a male-related infertility problem, including sperm or semen problems (14%) and varicocele (6%).​

Why you deflect on such a basic fact is silly.

My argument is not that the species has infertile heterosexuals, but that the species is reliant on heterosexuality. The opposite is not true of homosexuality.

If you need me to draw you a picture I am happy to do so.

Probably why 90% is still hetero. :D

Let's say you might be correct and that 10% of the population is homosexual, although I think you are quite high.

Were they the product of homosexual coupling, or heterosexual couplings?

A few will be produced through medical procedures. Do those include the components found within same sex couples, or components found within heterosexual couples?

:cuckoo:
I'm a self-admitted ex-bigot against gays. The pro-gay folks tried to sway my opinion nicely many times in many different ways. However, my religion, my parents, my peers had so wired the bigotry into my thinking that I would just use one of a plethora of excuses to wipe away their protestations. I was guilty of following along, and truly thinking I must be right because everyone agrees with me. Why would kind people who I knew and trusted as mentors teach me to be a bigot?

I would say things like... it's prohibited as sin in the old-testament, thus justified; they can get married to someone of the opposite sex like everyone else or be single like everyone else that is single; they can get a civil union instead; they just want to redefine the term marriage, why don't they get their own term; what's the point they can't have kids together, isn't the purpose of marriage to have kids; why don't they argue to fix the federal laws; why don't they instead argue that the feds should not be involved in marriage at all; ... I used all the old tired arguments as personal shields to hide behind my superior position in life over the gays.

I was a bigot who needed to be slapped a few times, literally, figuratively, and by being the target of bigotry before I took the time to give a shit about the plight of many groups. For me kindness was an approach that did not work in and of itself.

So basically, what you're saying isthat you are a victim of Liberal and Gay Brainwashing . I bet you watch a lot of televison and movies geared to re-program your thought process. My hunch is you are also probably under 40 - so you were subjected to a tremendous amount of brain washing amd mental manipulation in the brave new world of public education.

No, you lying POS, that is not what I'm saying.

No, your hunches are completely wrong, I'm not even remotely under 40.

Okay - so you're just a a victim of Liberal and Gay Brainwashing . Another poor slob bent to the will of Big Brother.

That means absolutely nothing re: which one he chose to molest.

And yes Sexual abuse has a lot to do with sexual orientation - I gave you facts [several times] you chose to ignore them because they refute your assertions.

Please do respond promptly , I just adore the way you showcase your ignorance, you are so fun to bitch slap , perhaps it gives me a sexual titlation intellectually stomping on a pathetic Dyke such as yourself. :badgrin:

You haven't provided facts. There is ZERO relation between childhood sexual abuse and sexual orientation.

I was never abused. My spouse was never abused. 99% of my long term partners were not abused. 1 in 5 girls are abused. Are they all gay now you imbecile?

99% of your long term partners were not abused. So just how many Long Term Partners have you had

Are you from Westboro by any chance?

Forum List

Back