Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

Pretty heavy stuff. Since I'm not gay, I always feel a little out of place responding.

Gays are human beings, just like the rest of us. With their good sides and bad sides, you name it.

I've never had problems with gays, ever, so - pfft. In fact, I have had very positive, productive professional experiences with gay colleagues who excel in their field.

As far as the born gay part - no one knows for sure whether it's nature or nuture. For all I know, it may be both, but why would it be relevant, other than for one side to bang the other side on the head? But there appears to be a genetic factor in all of this, not the least of which are studies done of identical twins separated at birth, twins who did not know each other, both of whom were gay.

I did not understand the European commentary at all. That seems like a complete non-sequitor to me. I do know that most straights in Europe are far more gay-accepting, and it doesn't make them even one bit less straight. They are secure in whom they are. So, again, pfft...

Gays in the military: look to our staunch ally Israel. There, one sees 30+ years of productive military history with gay inclusion in the IDF, pretty much without problems.

Finally, I am not responsible for another person's bigotry or homophobia. But I don't automatically assume that someone who is against gay marriage is homophobic. I think it takes a pattern of behavior over time, that all can see, that could make one appear homophobic.

For me, it's mostly a complete non-issue.

I agree that in time, it will be a non-issue

The bottom line is that homosexuals do not harm society and denying them rights because of the hatred of others is not what this country is about

pretty heavy stuff. Since i'm not gay, i always feel a little out of place responding.

Gays are human beings, just like the rest of us. With their good sides and bad sides, you name it.

I've never had problems with gays, ever, so - pfft. In fact, i have had very positive, productive professional experiences with gay colleagues who excel in their field.

As far as the born gay part - no one knows for sure whether it's nature or nuture. For all i know, it may be both, but why would it be relevant, other than for one side to bang the other side on the head? But there appears to be a genetic factor in all of this, not the least of which are studies done of identical twins separated at birth, twins who did not know each other, both of whom were gay.

I did not understand the european commentary at all. That seems like a complete non-sequitor to me. I do know that most straights in europe are far more gay-accepting, and it doesn't make them even one bit less straight. They are secure in whom they are. So, again, pfft...

Gays in the military: Look to our staunch ally israel. There, one sees 30+ years of productive military history with gay inclusion in the idf, pretty much without problems.

Finally, i am not responsible for another person's bigotry or homophobia. But i don't automatically assume that someone who is against gay marriage is homophobic. I think it takes a pattern of behavior over time, that all can see, that could make one appear homophobic.

i agree that in time, it will be a non-issue

the bottom line is that homosexuals do not harm society and denying them rights because of the hatred of others is not what this country is about

bingo!

pretty heavy stuff. Since i'm not gay, i always feel a little out of place responding.

I've never had problems with gays, ever, so - pfft. In fact, i have had very positive, productive professional experiences with gay colleagues who excel in their field.

As far as the born gay part - no one knows for sure whether it's nature or nuture. For all i know, it may be both, but why would it be relevant, other than for one side to bang the other side on the head? But there appears to be a genetic factor in all of this, not the least of which are studies done of identical twins separated at birth, twins who did not know each other, both of whom were gay.

I did not understand the european commentary at all. That seems like a complete non-sequitor to me. I do know that most straights in europe are far more gay-accepting, and it doesn't make them even one bit less straight. They are secure in whom they are. So, again, pfft...

Gays in the military: Look to our staunch ally israel. There, one sees 30+ years of productive military history with gay inclusion in the idf, pretty much without problems.

Finally, i am not responsible for another person's bigotry or homophobia. But i don't automatically assume that someone who is against gay marriage is homophobic. I think it takes a pattern of behavior over time, that all can see, that could make one appear homophobic.

the bottom line is that homosexuals do not harm society and denying them rights because of the hatred of others is not what this country is about

bingo!

Yup.

Actually the best argument I've heard yet is that THEY should have to suffer in marriage like the REST of us.

:rock:

bingo!

Yup.

Actually the best argument I've heard yet is that THEY should have to suffer in marriage like the REST of us.

:rock:

Heck, yeah! Why should we endure the misery of divorce alone???

I have often had that thought.

Pretty heavy stuff. Since I'm not gay, I always feel a little out of place responding.

I've never had problems with gays, ever, so - pfft. In fact, I have had very positive, productive professional experiences with gay colleagues who excel in their field.

As far as the born gay part - no one knows for sure whether it's nature or nuture. For all I know, it may be both, but why would it be relevant, other than for one side to bang the other side on the head? But there appears to be a genetic factor in all of this, not the least of which are studies done of identical twins separated at birth, twins who did not know each other, both of whom were gay.

I did not understand the European commentary at all. That seems like a complete non-sequitor to me. I do know that most straights in Europe are far more gay-accepting, and it doesn't make them even one bit less straight. They are secure in whom they are. So, again, pfft...

Gays in the military: look to our staunch ally Israel. There, one sees 30+ years of productive military history with gay inclusion in the IDF, pretty much without problems.

Finally, I am not responsible for another person's bigotry or homophobia. But I don't automatically assume that someone who is against gay marriage is homophobic. I think it takes a pattern of behavior over time, that all can see, that could make one appear homophobic.

I agree that in time, it will be a non-issue

The bottom line is that homosexuals do not harm society and denying them rights because of the hatred of others is not what this country is about

Bull's Eye

So it's hatred that obtaining a license to drive car does not automatically allow someone the right to a CDL or a license to fly an airplane.

They are all modes of transportation after all.

Please explain

Not if they used protection. I handed out the condoms as folks left the ship to ensure such a thing.

So what?Again I ask... What does pregnancy have to do with ANYTHING?

Does any form of birth control work 100% of the time?

Did the gay and lesbians require any form of birth control to insure they would not get pregnant during a gay or lesbian hook up?

What does pregnancy have to do with it? With two of the three groups we are discussing, nothing. It only applies to one of the groups. Do you agree?

Agree about what, that I can't accidentally and unwillingly get pregnant unless I'm raped?!? WTF point are you trying to make?

So it's hatred that obtaining a license to drive car does not automatically allow someone the right to a CDL or a license to fly an airplane.

Please explain

Your analogies are increasingly desperate or insane...I can't tell which.

Does any form of birth control work 100% of the time?

Did the gay and lesbians require any form of birth control to insure they would not get pregnant during a gay or lesbian hook up?

What does pregnancy have to do with it? With two of the three groups we are discussing, nothing. It only applies to one of the groups. Do you agree?

Agree about what, that I can't accidentally and unwillingly get pregnant unless I'm raped?!? WTF point are you trying to make?

Oh my, that there may be a different set of burdens that the different demographic groups must bare. To that you must agree

Please explain

Your analogies are increasingly desperate or insane...I can't tell which.

Please try to stay in context

Forty pages of cons obsessing over homosexuality. That's either a strong desire to control other people's sex lives, or they're latent gays themselves. You guys would feel better about your selves, if you just give in to your urges to slob the knob.

You read all Forty pages? Dude that's gay.

Please explain

No. It's hatred to obtain a license to drive a car while refusing to let a gay or black person drive a car simply because of their sexual preference or race.

Your analogy is equivalent to saying it's ok to block black people from driving because we don't allow black driver's licenses, only white driver's licenses. If they want to get a white driver's license they can get new skin.

Last edited:

Please explain

No. It's hatred to obtain a license to drive a car while refusing to let a gay or black person drive a car simply because of their sexual preference or race.

And that happens when?

I would say that it's logical that the state should have different standards for all three.

No hatred at all involved.

Please explain

Your analogy is equivalent to saying it's ok to block black people from driving because we don't allow black driver's licenses, only white driver's licenses. If they want to get a white driver's license they can get new skin.

Should blind black people be able to obtain a drivers license?

Please explain

And that happens when?

I would say that it's logical that the state should have different standards for all three.

No hatred at all involved.

They already do have different standards for driving a car, CDL license, and flying an airplane. That would be because, for example, an airplane is not a car. However two gays getting married is a coupling of two people. Just as you don't need a different DL if you switch from a sports car to sedan, or a green car to an orange one, we should not discriminate based on skin color or sexual preference. We do discriminate, and that's the point. It's plain bigotry.

Please explain

What does being blind have to do with sexual preference? We discriminate based on blindness, without discrimination regarding race, sexual preference, or creed.

What part of the fact that race, sexual preference, and creed are not the same as age and blindness is confusing you?

Last edited:
There are many different types of discrimination. The word is a broad term. The civil rights laws are focused on discriminating against race, religion, creed, sexual preference, and gender... The civil rights laws are not focused on other types of discrimination, like discriminating against citizens who have not served in the military, or discriminating against citizens who are not retired, or discriminating against citizens based on their inability to drive a car due to being blind.

Last edited:

Please explain

You must live very close to power lines or you are wearing a neural disruptor. What point are you trying to get to? Blind people regardless of color should not be driving.

There are many different types of discrimination. The word is a broad term. The civil rights laws are focused on discriminating against race, religion, creed, sexual preference, and gender... The civil rights laws are not focused on other types of discrimination, like discriminating against citizens who have not served in the military, or discriminating against citizens who are not retired, or discriminating against citizens based on their inability to drive a car due to being blind.

So a green car is to a red car is the equivalent to heterosexuality is to heterosexuality.

This is the discussion I was hoping for all along

Thank you

So a green car is to a red car is the equivalent to heterosexuality is to heterosexuality.

This is the discussion I was hoping for all along

Thank you

No. A green car is to a red car as a hetero marriage is to a gay marriage. Is there a difference? Of course there's a difference. For that matter, each and every marriage is different than the next. For example, your first marriage to a first wife is not the exact same as your second marriage, even if the second marriage is to the same person, the mere fact that it is a second marriage makes the two different.

IOW there are many different types of differences on any and every subject. Your focus on using the term discrimination broadly indicates you are being disingenuous. That or you are incapable of discerning differences between different types of differences. Which would make you stupid.

Forum List

Back