vegan, vegetarian, or just normal food?

i like

• Total voters
I'll stick with real food, that includes all the things that I need for proper nourishment, including meat, vegetables, dairy, etc.

There is ZERO nutritional need for meat. That is one of the biggest misconceptions in this world.

Not only do you not need meat nutritionally, but tons of studies over a long period of time have shown that the more animal products one eats, the higher one's risk is for heart disease, heart attacks and certain types of cancer. People kill animals, and the animals people eat end up killing people, in the long run. We were never meant to eat dead bodies.

But I get it. As I've mentioned around here a number of times, I distinctly remember saying years ago "I will NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." So I understand where you all are coming from.

I avoid foods with high starch content and limit the amount of sweets I consume.

I'll stick with real food, that includes all the things that I need for proper nourishment, including meat, vegetables, dairy, etc.

My ancestors did not spend thousands of years fighting their way to the top of the food chain, just so that I could try to live on bean sprouts and tofu.
True. They tell us to turn down the thermostat to save energy (and the planet). I didn't work my ass off all my life to be cold in my own home. :mad:

There is ZERO nutritional need for meat. That is one of the biggest misconceptions in this world.

Not only do you not need meat nutritionally, but tons of studies over a long period of time have shown that the more animal products one eats, the higher one's risk is for heart disease, heart attacks and certain types of cancer. People kill animals, and the animals people eat end up killing people, in the long run. We were never meant to eat dead bodies.

But I get it. As I've mentioned around here a number of times, I distinctly remember saying years ago "I will NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." So I understand where you all are coming from.

We don't 'need' a lot of things that we indulge in.

God gave us certain animals for food. That should ice it.

I think you are more concerned about the treatment of these animals than the fact that we eat them. Once they're dead and in the supermarket meat case all the damage has been done.

Last edited:
I have never seen a vegetarian who looked healthy. I eat everything that tastes good, and my physique manifests that philosophy. I know of no issues I have because I eat red meat every day. I'm 74 and quite healthy.
Hilarious. We probably don’t know what their eating habits are. The longest lived people in the world tend to look under fed. That’s from the perspective of a fat American sucking down HFCs. Generally speaking, whether you are a vegetarian or not, we are omnivores and can live long healthy lives eating or not eating meats. The key is, eating a variety that serves all your nutritional needs and natural foods free of additives.

8 year olds don’t know what they want.
They do but only for short periods of time. That said, I promised my granddaughter a mirrored dresser for her bedroom over a year ago, and that's all she talked about until she finally got it.

I tend to agree. But really we are omnivores. It’s all about proportions. Up to a certain age we can generally synthesize enough protein from non animal sources. After that it becomes more difficult. Having, fish or chicken or even red meat a couple times a week in its natural state is better as you age...that from every nutritionist I’ve spoken to.

They do but only for short periods of time. That said, I promised my granddaughter a mirrored dresser for her bedroom over a year ago, and that's all she talked about until she finally got it.
Yup.
They only know what they want, not what they need. The less exposure to processed foods the better.

what do you like?
I see all of the Earth's bounty as available to us. We should be ethical, humane, have concern for the ecology and environment, but if the food is healthy and available and tastes good, I eat it. And I am also conscious that we need natural vitamins and minerals, protein and fiber, fat and carbohydrates in healthy amounts to be as physically healthy as we can be. And that can be attained via fancy exotic menus or the simplest of foods.

Forum List

Back