Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

What type of legislation would you be in favor of? Would you demand that a government panel be consulted before firing an employee? If so, what would become of the unions?

It's a slippery slope you are on there pal.

No it's not.

Employers should not be able to fire people for their political affliations. Or, because their candidate lost.

Laws are meant to address stupidity.

So, what makes you think an employer owes anyone a job?

What makes you think the public owes an employer any business?

Dumbshit right wingers.

So . . . if each additional employee represents 58% of your incremental cost of doing business (and each employee, through productive labor, increases revenue), and if that incremental cost increases to, say, 63%, you, WHAT . . .

lay off employees???

Dumbshit right wingers.

Surely your not this stupid?

In other words, you don't get it.

Since 1961...

Republican job growth - 24 million jobs in 28 years.

Democrats - 42 million jobs in 24 years.

It would be nice if we actually all went by facts.

maybe soon.

they are still too delousional to still

Funny,

2010/2011/2012 were our best years in the history of our business (since 1965).

But, then again, we take care of our employees and offer them health/vision/dental care.

We are expanding into new market segments as we speak, I am on a plane right now to go sign a distribution deal with a new supplier.

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees
November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

he didnt build the business.... so i guess he doesn't need to hire or keep people working either.

We're just a small business but we've been putting off hiring three until the election, now we won't be taking them on.

Watch it R.D., just by admitting to that the imbeciles from Black Label and it's supporters will get lawyers on your ass to sue you..... that's their solution to everything, look at their ass licking leader.....he had a hundred on call if the rigged election didn't work they would have just sued to get their way. These people are easily the most pathetic generation.

This is how Right Wingers apparently manage businesses:

"My business has 10 residential rental properties. Each one provides me with $10k in annual rental revenue. My net after tax profit was 15% of gross. But my taxes went up, reducing my net after tax profit to 12% of gross.

"Therefore, I am getting rid of two properties to save money on taxes."

REALLY. That's apparently how they manage businesses.
LOL

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).
You won the election.

But that was not enough, was it.

You have to strip public servants and throw them in the Auschwitz oven of your contempt that falsely accuses people in the AntiSlavery Republican Party of racism the Democrat Party got fat off of from 1865-1965.

The trouble with damaging the people in your own country is that it enables a Saddam Hussein in the next generation to murder with no holds barred.

Damaging your own country's people leads to war, and nobody wins except the undertaker.

The irony of what you typed flew right over that empty head AS you typed it, didn't it?

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more dime on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).

Just a reminder to all of you here that just because the election is over, doesn't mean that you can't still vote every day with your dollars.

We don't shop at Home Depot anymore because it's owned by the Koch brothers. We also don't buy Koch brothers' paper products.

Our last car repair was done by a Hispanic auto repair shop -- it was good, fast, and cheap, and the owner got us out of a tough spot when he towed our van out of the mall parking lot where my hubby had parked it when it died on his way to work. The owner towed it as soon as we called him -- at 8:00pm that evening! -- when we realized that the van needed more than just a jump to get it restarted. He only charged us $50 to do it, which is way cheap here in the city, and about 1/10 what we would have had to pay if the mall's tow company had removed it overnight.

We also shop at Winco Foods, which is employee-owned; and we've been boycotting Target ever since they started funding right-wing extremist candidates.

-- Paravani

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more dime on Amazon.

Just a reminder to all of you here that just because the election is over, doesn't mean that you can't still vote every day with your dollars.

We don't shop at Home Depot anymore because it's owned by the Koch brothers. We also don't buy Koch brothers' paper products.

Our last car repair was done by a Hispanic auto repair shop -- it was good, fast, and cheap, and the owner got us out of a tough spot when he towed our van out of the mall parking lot where my hubby had parked it when it died on his way to work. The owner towed it as soon as we called him -- at 8:00pm that evening! -- when we realized that the van needed more than just a jump to get it restarted. He only charged us $50 to do it, which is way cheap here in the city, and about 1/10 what we would have had to pay if the mall's tow company had removed it overnight.

We also shop at Winco Foods, which is employee-owned; and we've been boycotting Target ever since they started funding right-wing extremist candidates.

-- Paravani

i enjoy going to walmart and sams clubs..

why? not for the stuff they have......

because they are non union..... non union anything is good!

-- Paravani

i enjoy going to walmart and sams clubs..

why? not for the stuff they have......

because they are non union..... non union anything is good!

Yea, you're completely right. After all, it's not like Wal-Mart treats its employees badly or anything.

No it's not.

Employers should not be able to fire people for their political affliations. Or, because their candidate lost.

Laws are meant to address stupidity.

So, what makes you think an employer owes anyone a job?

What makes you think the public owes an employer any business?

When does the public give away businesses? Shit.. I wish I'd known that and I wouldn't have invested in and worked hard to build mine. Damn.. I didn't get hooked up with an Obama phone either.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

:D

John Mackey donated at least 2500 to Romneys campaign, pushes the morality of capitalism, silent on Prop. 37 and has been a favorite target for MSNBC attack regarding his trashing Obamacare.

I knew all that. But he puts his people before his profits (within reason of course). He and his company dont toe the line of the new radical right. He'll get my money. Not the whackjobs who are advocating firing anyone who "looks" like they voted for Obama.
So you lied

i

What a moron!!
I know. I looked into Home Depot, and it doesn't appear that it is.

Of course, I don't take much of anything on face value. Others just believe what they are told to believe.

In 2007 the Home Depot sold its $13 billion revenue wholesale (trade) division, HD Supply, to a consortium of three private equity firms, The Carlyle Group, Bain Capital and Clayton, Dubilier and Rice (with each agreeing to buy a one-third stake in the division). Home Depot sold their wholesale construction supply business to fund a stock repurchase estimated at $40 billion.[citation needed]

The Home Depot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"You're not very smart are you?"...

What are you, fucking 12-years-old?

Employees may be "the biggest expense", but having employees to work for you is how you make a profit in the first place.

If your business is growing enough to hire employees, you hire them, or your business stagnates.

This isn't rocket science there, Rabbi.

And don't give me the "Obamacare expenses" bullshit. If it weren't for you assholes, we would have had a public option, and you wouldn't have to worry about it anyway.
Yeah, you really are the next Peter fucking Drucker, aren't you? Employees cost money. If the business isn't there to sustain them, you cut. If you anticipate lower rates of sales, you cut. It's about anticipation of the future. And the future looks dimmer than your wit.

Well of course the future looks dimmer, and guess what, it isn't hurting anyone but the rich who have things, and businesses and corporations who want profits. Laid off workers are going to be taken care of with social programs, always, your military toy will go before we stop feeding and caring for Americans, and your taxes will go up to pay for them. So keep electing the Party of No for that dimmer future, and we will keep electing presidents to oppose them.

What a layoff means is the business owner is going to have less production and less profits and his business and home life is going to suffer, and eventually he will close his doors and lose it all. That is what the Party of No promises businesses, because they don't care is workers get laid off, they are not conserned if workers are unemployed, and they don't even care about 47% of them that are Liberals.

It is all a state of mind. LMO! :D

Oooooh, you're a mindless, far-left, hyper-partisan drone? That's too bad. I'm sorry for you.

Forum List

Back