Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

We have just had the fastest drop in unemployment since 1984....from 10.2% to 7.8%%. All this in spite of the fact that House Republicans have blocked infrastructure spending bills that would have helped. Why? Because Republicans are more concerned with winning the election than helping America.

Damn right. I'm glad those ruthless hypocrites lost the election to a man they despise. :lol:

I do love they way these assholes state that: "We elected a Black president.", when someone states that there's a race problem in America. The FACT is, is that THEY fought tooth and nail to NOT get him elected and they fought him tooth and nail, "hoped he failed", etc. during his first term. They can take that "we" crap and shove it.

We have just had the fastest drop in unemployment since 1984....from 10.2% to 7.8%%. All this in spite of the fact that House Republicans have blocked infrastructure spending bills that would have helped. Why? Because Republicans are more concerned with winning the election than helping America.

Damn right. I'm glad those ruthless hypocrites lost the election to a man they despise. :lol:

I do love they way these assholes state that: "We elected a Black president.", when someone states that there's a race problem in America. The FACT is, is that THEY fought tooth and nail to NOT get him elected and they fought him tooth and nail, "hoped he failed", etc. during his first term. They can take that "we" crap and shove it.
Actually, we hoped his policies failed because they are bad policies.

But, whatever makes you feel all warm and gooey is the way to go. It's all about feelings, now. :thup:

This is how Right Wingers apparently manage businesses:

"My business has 10 residential rental properties. Each one provides me with $10k in annual rental revenue. My net after tax profit was 15% of gross. But my taxes went up, reducing my net after tax profit to 12% of gross.

"Therefore, I am getting rid of two properties to save money on taxes."

REALLY. That's apparently how they manage businesses.
LOL

Excellent points and a very funny example!!!

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

I really hope this continues.

It seems we need more laws.

It's amazing employers are this stupid.

But they are..and it seems legislation is the only way to correct this stupidity.

Bwaahahahah

Truly amazing!!!

But, whatever makes you feel all warm and gooey is the way to go. It's all about feelings, now. :thup:

That's a cop out on your part and the republican talking heads you probably got that crappy "It's all about feelings now." quote. What specific policies were "bad"?

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

On what grounds? Private business owner doesn't even have to have a reason to lay-off employees.

Not for their political affiliation, they aren't. That's a big no-no.

The boss don't know the employees political affiliation. Such a fail of a response. He already explained that it was the regulations and cost that will be implemented on Obamacare..:cuckoo:

The judge would throw the case out.

That's a cop out on your part and the republican talking heads you probably got that crappy "It's all about feelings now." quote. What specific policies were "bad"?
Nah, I came up with the feelings crap based on my interaction with bleeding heart liberals over the years.

And, to further avoid the "talking head" deflection, I don't watch or listen to any of them. I haven't done so in over ten years.

First example of bad policy - getting the government involved in my choices about my healthcare which allows EVERYONE to be involved in what I do or don't do with my body.

Last edited:
Another gal at the club told me during brunch that she was able to fire another suspected Democrat today!

She said she saw her reading a copy of 'Mother Earth News' during break.

Keep up the good work, peeps!

We don't shop at Home Depot anymore because it's owned by the Koch brothers. We also don't buy Koch brothers' paper products.

i

What a moron!!
I know. I looked into Home Depot, and it doesn't appear that it is.

Of course, I don't take much of anything on face value. Others just believe what they are told to believe.

Here are a few, ...

Johnsonville Sausage has a long history of support for right-wing causes and candidates, most recently to fight the recall of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

Carl’s Jr.’s founder’s support of a nasty little proposition to fire gay teachers earned his hamburgers the nickname ‘bigot burgers.’

The Waffle House, a southern roadside fixture with 1,600 mostly franchised restaurants, used centralized corporate funds to become a major supporter of Karl Rove’s group American Crossroads.

White Castle likes to support the seriously conservative Congressional Leadership Fund Super PAC.

The ice cream manufacturer Blue Bell Creameries is also a fan of the Boehner-linked Congressional Leadership Fund.

Cracker Barrel has stopped firing employees who don’t exhibit ‘normal heterosexual values,’ but its political contributions list reads like a Who’s Who of the Tea Party.

Outback Steakhouse has been criticized for strong-arming employees to sign over paycheck deductions to a massive in-house PAC. Ironically, that fund directs its contributions to organizations that fight labor-friendly causes like a higher minimum wage and a national health care system.

When you mop up kitchen spills with Brawny, Sparkle, or Mardi Gras paper towels, you’re lining the pockets of Charles and David Koch,

Notice how these vigilante employers bragging about firing liberals sure as hell won't make public the name of their businesses.

:lol:

fuck em... let's just tax em higher and create government jobs!

:rofl:

Another gal at the club told me during brunch that she was able to fire another suspected Democrat today!

She said she saw her reading a copy of 'Mother Earth News' during break.

Keep up the good work, peeps!

Hell yeah, LMAO!!!:D:D:lol: The more they lay off, the less taxes available to subsidize them, and the more tax dollars available for the nonproductive. Will he have the balls to put a "Conservative Only" sign on the door, or is he a coward?:D

Last edited:
What a moron!!
I know. I looked into Home Depot, and it doesn't appear that it is.

Of course, I don't take much of anything on face value. Others just believe what they are told to believe.

Here are a few, ...

Johnsonville Sausage has a long history of support for right-wing causes and candidates, most recently to fight the recall of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

Carl’s Jr.’s founder’s support of a nasty little proposition to fire gay teachers earned his hamburgers the nickname ‘bigot burgers.’

The Waffle House, a southern roadside fixture with 1,600 mostly franchised restaurants, used centralized corporate funds to become a major supporter of Karl Rove’s group American Crossroads.

White Castle likes to support the seriously conservative Congressional Leadership Fund Super PAC.

The ice cream manufacturer Blue Bell Creameries is also a fan of the Boehner-linked Congressional Leadership Fund.

Cracker Barrel has stopped firing employees who don’t exhibit ‘normal heterosexual values,’ but its political contributions list reads like a Who’s Who of the Tea Party.

Outback Steakhouse has been criticized for strong-arming employees to sign over paycheck deductions to a massive in-house PAC. Ironically, that fund directs its contributions to organizations that fight labor-friendly causes like a higher minimum wage and a national health care system.

When you mop up kitchen spills with Brawny, Sparkle, or Mardi Gras paper towels, you’re lining the pockets of Charles and David Koch,
*yawn*

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

Companies do not usually need a reason to lay people off. If the story is true though, then this individual owner is just being stupid because he doesn't yet have a clue whether there will be any additonal costs. If he does not provide health insurance currently, then he would be faced with a huge new expense, because he has over 50 employees. The thing is that even if he does faced increased costs, so will his competitors, so the costs can be passed on so he can still remain competitive.

Where there is a valid argument is if an employer must all of a sudden provide health insurance which increases costs, and that company's competitors are in foreign countries where they do not have the cost of health insurance to deal with because they have government provided health insurance. Of course, then that argument opens up the argument that employers should not be responsible for providing health insurance at all in the US because it makes companies less competitive, thereby making the argument for government run healthcare.

Anyway, good luck to this man as he has reduced the size of his business and will probably make less money in the long run due to his own stubborness. It is obvious he based his decision on a knee jerk reaction to not getting what he wanted.

Just had to highlight this idiotic statement.

Costs passed on to WHO?? REGARDLESS of his product or service, those costs are ultimately passed on to the consumer; you know, you and me. When we can no longer AFFORD his product/service the business itself fails, leaving 114 out of work rather than 22.

Can a liberal do simple math?

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

I really hope this continues.

It seems we need more laws.

It's amazing employers are this stupid.

But they are..and it seems legislation is the only way to correct this stupidity.

Yep. More laws. Legislate private businesses not to fire employees. Legislate them not to have motivation to grow the business. What message have you just sent to the small business community and entreprenuers? Think Goddamnit.

Please.

Don't make a fool of yourself by defending a jackass.

This asshole isn't concerned about "Obamacare", he's just a boy who didn't get his way, and now he crying about how he wants to take his ball and go home.

Let me explain this to you folks, if you don't expand your workforce when you need to, because you don't like the outcome of the election, all the businesses that are owned by people that aren't as fucking stupid as you, are going to outperform you.

Hopefully Darwinism will apply, and we'll start seeing less and less extremist-conservative-owned businesses.

Your twisted logic will do wonders for already horrendous Unemployment numbers.

I'm sorry, MY twisted logic?

Your buddies here are the ones that are planning to either not hire people, or terminate people because they're throwing a hissy fit about the election outcome, and MY logic is going to hurt the unemployment numbers?

Does the name George Orwell mean anything to you? Because that's an amazing bit of Orwellian reasoning you have there.

Does the phrase 'increased business expenses' appear as gibberish to you?

These businessmen and women are simply preparing for the massive increase in costs due to your precious Obamacare.

Nice job, that. Watch how fucked the healthcare market gets in the next 24 months.

This is a success story for the Libs...
After all people who own businesses have no right to be proud
of that business...after all they didn't build it.

I'm sure a lot of companies will have no choice but to let people go.

If nearly 20% of his company was expendable...he has larger issues than Our President.
When the doe-eyed Obama groupies actually grow up and/or snap out of their trances (like that would happen), they will realize that everyone is expendable.

And, I rarely make generalizations. Some things are just obvious to those living in reality and who aren't morons.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

Oh wow. Its the bottom line though. Oh cripes here we go.

Forum List

Back