Vets to Gop: “You clearly represent the worst of politics of this country,”

Veterans probably want to know why only now, the Republicans give a shit.

when did the Democrats ever give a shit?.....at election time?.....ever since Vietnam all we see and hear is the stories about Homeless Vets,Vets with physical and mental problems who are not getting help,and it does not matter who is in charge.....every Administration is guilty of treating returning Vets like shit...every one including this one....

When they introduced the Bill for $21 billion in spending, that Mitch McConnell filibustered and all the Republicans voted against.

Synth read the rest of my post.....neither Party takes care of these guys.....most of the people in this thread are just defending their party....when Elections are coming up everyone cares.....when they are over its....Veterans?...what about them?..

again, this isn't a money issue with the VA

everything with you on the left has to FIXED with more MONEY thrown at it

no wonder we are going bankrupt

if it's not a question of funding - and i fully expect that it's not in it's entirety - what solutions has anyone offered?

i'm of the opinion that va hospitals should exist only as specialized service centers for things like brain or spinal injury, prosthetic work, and injuries and rehab for service related injuries that are not common in the general population.

everything that can be covered in "civilian" hospitals and clinics should be, with VA care operating just like any other insurance.

Last edited:

if it's not a question of funding - and i fully expect that it's not in it's entirety - what solutions has anyone offered?

I just posted one thing on the other page and Democrats refused to vote on it

No veterans probably want to know why Obama has not done a damn thing about the VA considering the Bush administration flagged the transition team over wait times and other issues that concerned that department. In detail.

The tea baggers in the House have done nothing but cut funding since they took over the house in 2010. Are you telling me they are willing to deal with this issue without demanding we cut social security and medicare and more foodstamps?

No funding of any kind has been cut.

I just posted one thing on the other page and Democrats refused to vote on it
that they "refused to vote on it" isn't exactly the truth, is it?

also your article is light on specifics.

As a Vet......I know we don't like Democraps, they are full of shit with the lip service and bullshit to Vets.

when did the Democrats ever give a shit?.....at election time?.....ever since Vietnam all we see and hear is the stories about Homeless Vets,Vets with physical and mental problems who are not getting help,and it does not matter who is in charge.....every Administration is guilty of treating returning Vets like shit...every one including this one....

When they introduced the Bill for $21 billion in spending, that Mitch McConnell filibustered and all the Republicans voted against.

Senate Fails to Pass Veteran Benefits Bill | Military.com

Burr warned that a provision opening up VA healthcare to veterans who do not have a service connected disability is inviting disaster. He said VA is already failing to meet the needs of those currently in the system, or will be entering it because of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He also pointed out that a provision to have the VA sign leases with 27 facilities across the country and Puerto Rico in order to expand VA care will result in construction work that the VA cannot afford.

"Currently, we already have $14 billion of [VA] construction underway," he said, while regularly adding another $1 billion annually. "We're already backlogged by 14 years."

Forum List

Back