Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

I don’t see your question.

IF ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS TALK TO ARBERY, WHY DID TRAVIS AND GREGORY McMICHAEL ARM THEMSELVES BEFORE CHASING ARBERY DOWN?

You see it that time?
Because they suspected him of being armed.

Based on what? There was exactly zero evidence or indication that he was armed...

If they wanted to murder him, why call 911 before hand?

I never said they wanted to murder him. I said they were prepared to kill him. There's a very big difference...

If they were pointing guns at him, why did he escalate, guaranteeing his death?

You don't consider aiming loaded firearms at an unarmed man to be "escalating" the situation?

Seriously???

You're going out of your way to blame Arbery. Considering that the two McMichaels were armed and Arbery wasn't, it's natural to want to determine why you're doing that, and "racism" would understandably be high on the list of reasons why...

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No one here would behave like Arbery. No one.

You know you wouldn’t. Not if someone is pointing a gun at you.

Darwin wins.

The better claim is no one should have behaved like the McMichaels. That was the problem. And if the court is right darwin is going to be the prison justice those 2 racists will receive.
No one should have behaved like the McMichaels.

I honestly believe it still could have ended without anyone getting hurt. The called 911. You can hardly believe they intended to kill him when they did that.

Arbery would be alive, and these two idiots would be charged with other crimes, not murder. Now Arbery is dead and he gave a jury potential reasonable doubt by apparently trying to disarm McMichael.

Not once did it appear that he tried to reason with anybody. He may have had no duty to do so, but now he is dead.

The whole thing is senseless.

And now people are calling me racist because I think Arbery choose poorly.

It's perfectly fine to think that he chose poorly.

But if you don't want to be labeled a racist, you might want to curtail the ignorant "I'm glad the black guy's dead" comments.

Now, will you answer my question?
When I have people deliberately ignoring my comments about the idiot McMichaels being stupid and accusing me of siding with their dumb asses, it gets pretty frustrating.

THEY WERE ARMED BECAUSE THEY THOUGH HE WAS ARMED.

It was stupid. They were on because they thought he would be on. It was stupid. They should not have approached him if they were on. They should have followed him and reported his whereabouts to police. I’ve already said this repeatedly. Yet this statement is ignored.

If they are found guilty, I hope Travis McMichael gets the death penalty, and I hope Gregory McDonald dies a very old man in prison...

Darwin wins.

The better claim is no one should have behaved like the McMichaels. That was the problem. And if the court is right darwin is going to be the prison justice those 2 racists will receive.

I honestly believe it still could have ended without anyone getting hurt. The called 911. You can hardly believe they intended to kill him when they did that.

Arbery would be alive, and these two idiots would be charged with other crimes, not murder. Now Arbery is dead and he gave a jury potential reasonable doubt by apparently trying to disarm McMichael.

Not once did it appear that he tried to reason with anybody. He may have had no duty to do so, but now he is dead.

But if you don't want to be labeled a racist, you might want to curtail the ignorant "I'm glad the black guy's dead" comments.

When I have people deliberately ignoring my comments about the idiot McMichaels being stupid and accusing me of siding with their dumb asses, it gets pretty frustrating.

It was stupid. They were on because they thought he would be on. It was stupid. They should not have approached him if they were on. They should have followed him and reported his whereabouts to police. I’ve already said this repeatedly. Yet this statement is ignored.

If they were "on" what?

That makes no sense.

The reason your statement is being ignored is because you keep going back and blaming Arbery for escalating the situtation, when the escalation came about when an amred Travis McMichael got out of the truck...

• Thanks
If they are found guilty, I hope Travis McMichael gets the death penalty, and I hope Gregory McDonald dies a very old man in prison...
I don’t care either way. Charge them with something.

If this DA acts like an idiot and does not include lesser charges, and they walK because a jury has murder-1 only, you can point that blame squarely at the DA. He must give jurors options.

I do think these guys deserve some sort of punishment. I am not sure a murder is it, but they deserve something.

Darwin wins.

If they were "on" what?

That makes no sense.

The reason your statement is being ignored is because you keep going back and blaming Arbery for escalating the situtation, when the escalation came about when an amred Travis McMichael got out of the truck...
Is ityour argument that there was no way for Arbery to save his own life BUT to disarm McMichael?

It’s your argument that Arbery would be dead no matter what he did?

If this DA acts like an idiot and does not include lesser charges, and they walK because a jury has murder-1 only, you can point that blame squarely at the DA. He must give jurors options.

I do think these guys deserve some sort of punishment. I am not sure a murder is it, but they deserve something.

They committed murder bootney.

Here's some light reading for you. It doesn't take a fuckin' brain surgeon to conclude that, initially, this case was handled inappropriately at best:

US district attorneys condemn recused prosecutor in Ahmaud Arbery case

Ga. Attorney General requests U.S. Dept. of Justice to investigate handling of Ahmaud Arbery case

Travis and Gregory McMichael are going to be fucked six ways to Sunday. At least you can take solace in the fact that it won;t be tried as a hate crime. Georgia doesn't have hate crime laws...

• Thanks

Darwin wins.

If they were "on" what?

That makes no sense.

Is ityour argument that there was no way for Arbery to save his own life BUT to disarm McMichael?

Why do you hang on to this?

Darwin wins.

If they were "on" what?

That makes no sense.

Quite possibly, yes. after all, if they weren't thinking about using their weapons, there was no need to have them.

But more to the point, my argument is that it's beyond the height of stupidity for you to continue to insist that Arbery escalated this. Travis McMichael did that. That's why he's sitting in a fucking jail cell...

Then, charge them with murder, but don’t let these fools walk because a jury decides it isn’t murder. Add more counts than just murder so they don’t walk. At least get them on something.

Darwin wins.

What's frustrating is that you refuse to get that those men had no right to follow Arbery. Therefore any reason you have for them being armed is irrelevant.

Then, charge them with murder, but don’t let these fools walk because a jury decides it isn’t murder. Add more counts than just murder so they don’t walk. At least get them on something.

Not everybody is silly enough to think that Arbery wasn't murdered because he supposedly ran at a gun. Some people will actually see what happened in the video, the entire video.

What's frustrating is that you refuse to get that those men had no right to follow Arbery. Therefore any reason you have for them being armed is irrelevant.
Being armed is irrelevant.

They had no right to apprehend him, but when reporting a potential crime, they had the right to follow him. That’s all they should have done.

You really need to pay attention.

Not only have they been charged with murder, they've been charged with aggravated assault. That makes the charge of murder even more severe. Also, since Travis and Gregory McMichael acted together to chase him down, they could be charged with conspiracy to commit murder. That's the "you're fucked forever" trifecta.

If found guilty on just a murder charge they can, and in my opinion should be, awarded the death penalty...

Being armed is irrelevant.

They had no right to apprehend him, but when reporting a potential crime, they had the right to follow him. That’s all they should have done.

And because THEY chose to do more, Arbery is dead...

Forum List

Back