Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

If they are found guilty, I hope Travis McMichael gets the death penalty, and I hope Gregory McDonald dies a very old man in prison...
I don’t care either way. Charge them with something.

If this DA acts like an idiot and does not include lesser charges, and they walK because a jury has murder-1 only, you can point that blame squarely at the DA. He must give jurors options.

I do think these guys deserve some sort of punishment. I am not sure a murder is it, but they deserve something.

They committed murder bootney.
Then, charge them with murder, but don’t let these fools walk because a jury decides it isn’t murder. Add more counts than just murder so they don’t walk. At least get them on something.

Not everybody is silly enough to think that Arbery wasn't murdered because he supposedly ran at a gun. Some people will actually see what happened in the video, the entire video.
You want to take that chance? All they need is reasonable doubt.

I would not charge them with murder only. I would make sure they at least got something.

If they are found guilty, I hope Travis McMichael gets the death penalty, and I hope Gregory McDonald dies a very old man in prison...
I don’t care either way. Charge them with something.

If this DA acts like an idiot and does not include lesser charges, and they walK because a jury has murder-1 only, you can point that blame squarely at the DA. He must give jurors options.

I do think these guys deserve some sort of punishment. I am not sure a murder is it, but they deserve something.

They committed murder bootney.
Then, charge them with murder, but don’t let these fools walk because a jury decides it isn’t murder. Add more counts than just murder so they don’t walk. At least get them on something.

You really need to pay attention.

Not only have they been charged with murder, they've been charged with aggravated assault. That makes the charge of murder even more severe. Also, since Travis and Gregory McMichael acted together to chase him down, they could be charged with conspiracy to commit murder. That's the "you're fucked forever" trifecta.

If found guilty on just a murder charge they can, and in my opinion should be, awarded the death penalty...
I am glad to hear that the DA is not a dumbass.

What's frustrating is that you refuse to get that those men had no right to follow Arbery. Therefore any reason you have for them being armed is irrelevant.
Being armed is irrelevant.

They had no right to apprehend him, but when reporting a potential crime, they had the right to follow him. That’s all they should have done.

And because THEY chose to do more, Arbery is dead...
True, but that is not the SOLE reason Arbery is dead.

These two idiots screwed up by trying to apprehend someone who appeared to be a burglary suspect. That mistake should not be considered murder. That’s the real issue.
Do you consider it manslaughter?
Probably.

It was murder. They went armed. They went to arrest. They were acting as police meaning they were going to use all police authority including lethal force. But they were not police.

What's frustrating is that you refuse to get that those men had no right to follow Arbery. Therefore any reason you have for them being armed is irrelevant.

They had no right to apprehend him, but when reporting a potential crime, they had the right to follow him. That’s all they should have done.

Yes it is.

Yes it is.
T
That response assumes they would have killed Arbery, no matter what he did.

You really believe that?

Arbery behaved in self defense.
Didn't look like it to me when he RAN AT McMichael. Sorry. That's a FACT you cannot escape. Not buying your bullshit.

Then you’re only considering a small fraction of the facts.

Why ignore the rest of the facts?
Like what?

It's not assault to approach someone. It's not assault to say "hey, we want to talk to you." It's not assault to be armed.

It IS assault to run at someone and try to take the item they are holding.

But is IS considered assault to point a weapon at someone, whether it's loaded or not.
No its not. Making up fake laws isnt going to score you any points here. Do better next time.
Bruce Finlay

Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 3, Shelton, WA 98584
Home | Bruce Finlay Attorney, Shelton, WA

Pointing a gun at another person in Washington State could result in a class B felony charge of assault in the second degree with a deadly weapon. That crime occurs when a person assaults another with a deadly weapon. Assault is not defined by statute in Washington; this state uses the common law definition, which for these purposes is as follows: “An assault is an attempt, with unlawful force, to inflict bodily injuries on another, accompanied with the apparent present ability to give effect to the attempt if not prevented. Such would be the raising of the hand in anger, with an apparent purpose to strike, and sufficiently near to enable the purpose to be carried into effect; the pointing of a loaded pistol at one who is in its range; the pointing of a pistol not loaded at one who is not aware of that fact and making an apparent attempt to shoot; shaking a whip or the fist in a man’s face in anger; riding or running after him in [a] threatening and hostile manner with a club or other weapon; and the like.” That charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a fine of $20,000.
Continued here: https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/apr-2015-attorney-question
Have you learned something or are you still feeling antagonistic towards me?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

So stepping on someone's lawn is trespassing? Or pulling into their driveway to turn around?
Yes, and yes.

The fact that charges are not often pressed is irrelevant.

Whatever...
Personal Property
Under Georgia law, it is a criminal trespass to knowingly and maliciously interfere with another person's use of personal property without consent. The mental components of "knowingly" and "maliciously" mean the act of interference must be intentional, as opposed to an involuntary act such as sneezing or an accident. The act must also be intended to interfere with the other person's enjoyment. If anyone intentionally damages another person's property and that damage exceeds $500 in value, this is also criminal trespass under Georgia law.
Real Property
Georgia also defines criminal trespass in relation to real property. It is unlawful to enter someone's land or premises after having been warned by the owner not to or to remain on the property or premises after having been told to leave by the owner. It is also criminal trespass to enter a person's land or premises with the intent of committing any unlawful act. Georgia's criminal trespass law is written so that in addition to trespass on land, entering any kind of vehicle under circumstances that would constitute criminal trespass on land is also criminal trespass.
Thank you.

Arbery behaved in self defense.
Didn't look like it to me when he RAN AT McMichael. Sorry. That's a FACT you cannot escape. Not buying your bullshit.

Then you’re only considering a small fraction of the facts.

Why ignore the rest of the facts?
Like what?

It's not assault to approach someone. It's not assault to say "hey, we want to talk to you." It's not assault to be armed.

It IS assault to run at someone and try to take the item they are holding.

But is IS considered assault to point a weapon at someone, whether it's loaded or not.
No its not. Making up fake laws isnt going to score you any points here. Do better next time.
Bruce Finlay

Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 3, Shelton, WA 98584
Home | Bruce Finlay Attorney, Shelton, WA

Pointing a gun at another person in Washington State could result in a class B felony charge of assault in the second degree with a deadly weapon. That crime occurs when a person assaults another with a deadly weapon. Assault is not defined by statute in Washington; this state uses the common law definition, which for these purposes is as follows: “An assault is an attempt, with unlawful force, to inflict bodily injuries on another, accompanied with the apparent present ability to give effect to the attempt if not prevented. Such would be the raising of the hand in anger, with an apparent purpose to strike, and sufficiently near to enable the purpose to be carried into effect; the pointing of a loaded pistol at one who is in its range; the pointing of a pistol not loaded at one who is not aware of that fact and making an apparent attempt to shoot; shaking a whip or the fist in a man’s face in anger; riding or running after him in [a] threatening and hostile manner with a club or other weapon; and the like.” That charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a fine of $20,000.
Continued here: https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/apr-2015-attorney-question
Have you learned something or are you still feeling antagonistic towards me?
If pointing a gun at someone is illegal, why is this guy a hero and not going to jail?

or this guy

or this guy

or this guy

or this guy

or this guy

Man holds suspected church burglar at gunpoint

Should i keep going?

Learn to read, moron. Your own link says it "CAN" happen, not that it WILL happen. If you were a gangbanger who is menacing people with his gun, you would go to jail, but if you are a good Samaritan, you can absolutely point a gun at someone and it is perfectly legal. Making up lies isnt an effective argument. Do better next time.

Last edited:

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?
That's all I have to say to you on this topic.

:dunno:

ArberyGIF.gif

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

View attachment 334604

The video speaks for itself. There can be no doubt that he was the aggressor.

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.
So? Trying to stop somebody is not assault.

Going after somebody and try to take their gun away from him is very much assault.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?
He did. Irrelevant. Confronting is not assaulting.

The only person that you can tell is committing assault in this video is the dead guy.

We can't say, with any degree of certainty, what happened in front of the truck. The fact that they armed themselves and chased him down and tried to stop him, though, strongly suggests to any rational, non-racist that Travis McMichael put him self in a position where Arbery felt he needed to be in fear for his life. Struggling for the gun may well have been the only thing Arbery felt would help save his life.

What you claim to be irrelevant is actually an important factor to this case.

I'll say this for the retarded kids in the class: If you arm yourself and chase someone down and attempt to stop them, you cannot claim self defense. I believe the law in all 50 states would bear that out; even in Georgia.

Why did Travis McMichael confront Arbery with a shotgun if all he and his father wanted to do was talk to him?
Because either they believe the bs peddled about black men being genetically predisposition to violence and as a result are afraid of them or they wanted to experience what it was like when it was for an intents and purposes still legal to hunt down and shoot black men in the good ole U.S. of A.

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.
So? Trying to stop somebody is not assault.

Going after somebody and try to take their gun away from him is very much assault.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?
He did. Irrelevant. Confronting is not assaulting.

The only person that you can tell is committing assault in this video is the dead guy.

We can't say, with any degree of certainty, what happened in front of the truck. The fact that they armed themselves and chased him down and tried to stop him, though, strongly suggests to any rational, non-racist that Travis McMichael put him self in a position where Arbery felt he needed to be in fear for his life. Struggling for the gun may well have been the only thing Arbery felt would help save his life.

What you claim to be irrelevant is actually an important factor to this case.

I'll say this for the retarded kids in the class: If you arm yourself and chase someone down and attempt to stop them, you cannot claim self defense. I believe the law in all 50 states would bear that out; even in Georgia.

Why did Travis McMichael confront Arbery with a shotgun if all he and his father wanted to do was talk to him?
Because either they believe the bs peddled about black men being genetically predisposition to violence and as a result are afraid of them or they wanted to experience what it was like when it was for an intents and purposes still legal to hunt down and shoot black men in the good ole U.S. of A.
Nah, sane people just dont like it when violent criminals attack people. Violent criminals should always be shot. The world would be a much better place if this happened more often.

Quit defending criminals.

These two idiots screwed up by trying to apprehend someone who appeared to be a burglary suspect. That mistake should not be considered murder. That’s the real issue.
Probably.

It was murder. They went armed. They went to arrest. They were acting as police meaning they were going to use all police authority including lethal force. But they were not police.

Correct up to the point where you determined it was a murder. The black guy tried to grab the gun knowing he was guilty, and then they shot him as self defense.

If you were a smart black guy, you would oppose criminals. Instead you love democrats, criminals and the welfare that creates them.

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

View attachment 334604

You might want to look for a longer video then start understanding that McMichael had no right to be there.

Probably.

Correct up to the point where you determined it was a murder. The black guy tried to grab the gun knowing he was guilty, and then they shot him as self defense.

If you were a smart black guy, you would oppose criminals. Instead you love democrats, criminals and the welfare that creates them.
This was murder and I am opposing criminals.

Probably.

This was murder and I am opposing criminals.

Why are you taking the side of the burglar that the citizen police arrested, then?

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

View attachment 334604

Maybe you watch more than this

Yes it is.
T

You really believe that?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

View attachment 334604

You might want to look for a longer video then start understanding that McMichael had no right to be there.
Post what you’ve got. I don’t care.

You still think they would have killed him, no matter what. I have nothing else to say. You proved my point.

Case closed.

Forum List

Back