Video of homeless man given 100 dollars...who gives food to other homeless...a fake...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Looks like this is a fake video....

FAKE Viral Video of Homeless Man Feeding Others

Lin then confronts Thomas, telling him his actions with the money astounded him. The filmmaker gives Thomas an extra $100, and wishes him well.

Lin also launched an Indiegogo fundraising page for the man, called “Help Thomas to Get a Fresh Start!” which had collected nearly $134,000, with 20 days remaining in the campaign.

Now, Thomas’ brother has confirmed that the video, which had been viewed 29 million times as of Thursday afternoon, was staged.

Kevin Nickel, identified by CBS2 as Thomas’ brother, told the outlet that his brother is really homeless, but that the video was a fake. He said his brother’s real name is Kenny Nickel, and that he in fact does have some money, as he is owed $150,000 from his parents’ estate.

“He’s sitting on money,” Nickel told CBS2. “But this is a scam. This money needs to go to people who really need it.”

I wondered if something like this was possible. Of course, Kevin may not be telling the truth as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I posted the video several days ago but wondered in the back of my mind if it some sort of a trick.

If it was a scam it was a good one and they deserve the money as far as I'm concerned. A fool and their money are soon parted.

If they are getting money from donations, they need to be arrested for fraud, and the whole thing is a rotten thing to do.

Donate to charities, not individuals. It helps far more.

Forum List

Back