Video: Romney criticized Obama for not foreclosing on American families fast enough

Romney Campaigns Against Foreclosure Relief In Nevada (VIDEO)

Click on link to watch video:

http://www.lvrj.com/multimedia/player/embed/425x239/132028338.swf

"Don’t try to stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom," Romney said when asked what he would do to jump-start the floundering housing market.

"Allow investors to buy homes, put renters in them, fix the homes up and let it turn around and come back up," he continued. "The Obama administration has slow walked the foreclosure process ... that has long existed and as a result we still have a foreclosure overhang."

--------------------------
Does he even mention fraudulent lending or foreclosure practices? Of course not. This is part of what he considers "capitalism".

How do you manage man? There is no such thing as fraudulent lending. Fraudulent Foreclosure practices? They are foreclosing on people who are paying their mortgage? And he's right. Let investors buy homes, upt renters in them and fix them up. What is wrong with you?

You are an ideologue. You take any emotional issue you can find and you try to tug at the strings of people's hearts. You don't mind twisting words or demonizing people who are doing the right thing because you don't care about anything but your little agenda. Man I hope you lose every election you ever vote in.

Mike

Outsourcing sucks, but what has obama done to stop that?

The real question is:

What have Republicans done to HELP Obama stop that?

Latest GOP proposal in the Senate removes many useless regulations that hamper manufacturing businesses in this country.
IT is dead on arrival as the Dums will not pass anything that might give the GOP credit.
How about answering the first question?

I hope nobody passes anything. We need to start repealing things instead of passing new stuff. I'd like to repeal the 20th century please.

Mike

The real question is:

Latest GOP proposal in the Senate removes many useless regulations that hamper manufacturing businesses in this country.
IT is dead on arrival as the Dums will not pass anything that might give the GOP credit.

Not listing a single regulation means we have nothing to debate.

It's like say, "Everyone knows" without evidence.

Romney Campaigns Against Foreclosure Relief In Nevada (VIDEO)

Click on link to watch video:

http://www.lvrj.com/multimedia/player/embed/425x239/132028338.swf

"Don’t try to stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom," Romney said when asked what he would do to jump-start the floundering housing market.

"Allow investors to buy homes, put renters in them, fix the homes up and let it turn around and come back up," he continued. "The Obama administration has slow walked the foreclosure process ... that has long existed and as a result we still have a foreclosure overhang."

--------------------------
Does he even mention fraudulent lending or foreclosure practices? Of course not. This is part of what he considers "capitalism".

Would you like a list of economists who think propping up the housing bubble is only making things worse, or would things like facts make your head explode?

please.. give him the facts ;)

Like I said, Harry Reid changed his vote as part of a procedural process so this could be voted on later.

I know why you stick to this. It's because you made the claim someone else wrote Obama's books and when asked for proof, you ran away. Scared. You got caught.

He actually might be right. It might be better for the long-term health of this country if houses were foreclosed on and sold cheaply to those who can re-sell them for a profit. It'll suck a lot for right now, though.

Whether or not it is a good long term strategy is debatable. It doesn't sound good to me, but I'm no economist. However, what Mitt needs to be concerned with is how he comes across to the American people. By saying that foreclosures should be sped up, he just appears way out of touch with your average American - especially homeowners struggling to hold on to their homes. Along with Bain Capital and "Corporations are people, my friend", and now this, he's not looking too good.

Last edited:
A myth.

Not one bank has ever come forward to claim that they were forced, illegally, against their will to engage in unsound banking practices by making loans to unqualified borrowers.
Duh.

Of course the force wasn't illegal. That's the fucking point.

whoooooooooosh

Case closed.

Let's not forget though, that, overwhelmingly, most banks that wrote sub-prime and otherwise unsound mortgages did so happily and eagerly.

Exactly. And they got bailed out by American tax payers.

Or when someones job is moved to China and they can't pay the mortgage.

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

The real question is:

They passed the free trade agreements he wanted.

Wait, you think that is bad, but Obama wanted it. Does that make you feel like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzVxsYzXI_Y]Star Trek - Liar Paradox - YouTube[/ame]

The real question is:

Not listing a single regulation means we have nothing to debate.

It's like say, "Everyone knows" without evidence.

Go back and look at details of the GOP proposal. Get someone to help you with Google.

He actually might be right. It might be better for the long-term health of this country if houses were foreclosed on and sold cheaply to those who can re-sell them for a profit. It'll suck a lot for right now, though.

Whether or not it is a good long term strategy is debatable. It doesn't sound good to me, but I'm no economist. However, what Mitt needs to be concerned with is how he comes across to the American people. By saying that foreclosures should be sped up, he just appears way out of touch with your average American - especially homeowners struggling to hold on to their homes. Along with Bain Capital and "Corporations are people, my friend", and now this, he's not looking too good.

You didnt have to tell us. Really.

Romney at least sounds like he has ideas that might work, as opposed to the current undocumented worker in the White House who says the same shit over and over.
Obama doesnt come across well to the average American, who cannot afford any vacation, much less luxurious vacations n the golf course every month in Martha's Vineyard.

Romney at least sounds like he has ideas that might work, as opposed to the current undocumented worker in the White House who says the same shit over and over.

Obama doesnt come across well to the average American, who cannot afford any vacation, much less luxurious vacations n the golf course every month in Martha's Vineyard.

I think your pretty far removed from the average American who cant afford a golf vacation.

Romney at least sounds like he has ideas that might work, as opposed to the current undocumented worker in the White House who says the same shit over and over.[/SIZE]

I think your pretty far removed from the average American who cant afford a golf vacation.

And you base that on, what exactly?

Obama takes lavish monthly vacations to Martha's Vineyard? :lol::lol::lol: You are a lying asshole.

Housing has always aided, abetted, and partaken in the economic recoveries following past recessions.
Housing cannot recover today under this large overhang of foreclosed houses. Builders cannot build new houses under the threat of likely being undersold by the bank down the street cleaning out its inventories of foreclosed properties. And when it comes to making that mortgage on that brand new property, the bank appraiser's going to appraise it based on replacement cost and comparable sales data. It costs $450,000 to replace it, agreed, but you can buy a foreclosure on a similar house for $250,000. You've only got $35,000 to put down? You're short $165,000 on the downpayment. Sorry! Can't loan you the money. Builder has to hold onto that house a while longer and won't be calling the land clearer, excavator, foundation contractor, framer, lumber supplier, roofer, plumber, electrician, insulating contractor, well driller, dry wall installer, trimmer, painter, stair installer, etc any time soon for any new starts.
Remember, in 2003, Barney Frank and the Democrats wanted to just keep rolling the dice in the housing market in hope of making more people rich, and more loyal Democratic voters, and refused to allow regulations to take the punch bowl away in time.

Of course it will be better for the economy if their isnt a debt overhang.

What that doesnt take into account is that someone owns that debt.

To clear the debt overhang is for the banks to take massive losses, because those assets (mortgages) become totally useless. Large scale home refinancing should have been pushed 3 years ago and the bailout should have begun with the homeowners.

To just let everyone default is going to cause massive contraction in the short run. It would make more sense for the government to pool that debt in a place that doesnt effect the immediate economy. As long as the government doesnt take on too much debt interest rates wont rise and public sector debt wont weigh down on the economy.

Thats the only way to get out of the crisis. Pool the debt. Let the private sector grow as it would without all that debt. Growth will reduce the deficit in the long run and our debt to GDP ratio will drop as well.

From the beginning of the Housing crisis I was hearing many experts talking about letting the market hit rock bottom. Thats the only way its going to recover.

When it does hit bottom it will then recover naturally. It would have done so long since except for the taxpayer money propping it up.

From the beginning of the Housing crisis I was hearing many experts talking about letting the market hit rock bottom. Thats the only way its going to recover.

When it does hit bottom it will then recover naturally. It would have done so long since except for the taxpayer money propping it up.

The whole notion that you "prolong" the problem is ridiculous. Government buying that debt overhang is no different from the market hitting bottom. The problem is that conservatives have stopped the process after a minimal amount of spending in a crisis that cost $6.8 trillion.

Republicans are the ones prolonging the process.

:evil:

It is just this kind of Evil thought process that has contributed to the Fall of America:eusa_pray:

The whole notion that you "prolong" the problem is ridiculous. Government buying that debt overhang is no different from the market hitting bottom. The problem is that conservatives have stopped the process after a minimal amount of spending in a crisis that cost $6.8 trillion.

Republicans are the ones prolonging the process.

Republicans?? Gee I must have missed the election.

Last I heard the Dems occupied the WH and controlled both houses of Congress until Nov of last year.

Now I wonder if either or BOTH parties are voting to prop up the housing market??

Forum List

Back