Video Shows Dramatic Encounter Between US and Chinese Warships.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

Is this the first indication of an escalation of a Cold war between China and America? Or could it be the escalation to a 'hot' war.

Or will there be diplomacy between the two sides that calms the tensions down?

China may have called America's hand this time and most indications are that America wants to be called sooner better than later.

Predictions? Does America really want a naval battle so many thousands of miles from home?

This was quite common with the Soviets during the Cold War. Was in Korea for Team Spirit one year and the Chinese destroyers were playing chicken with the S. Korean ships too.
Yes, but neither side wanted the Cold war to become a hot war. This is a situation in which America understands the need to move sooner rather than later, when China is fully prepared.

So maybe the question is: China might be ready and fully prepared. I think this could actually mesh with Russia's fight with America and it could be the method China chooses to enter the fray.
Or, it could be harmless and premature?

Is this the first indication of an escalation of a Cold war between China and America? Or could it be the escalation to a 'hot' war.

Or will there be diplomacy between the two sides that calms the tensions down?

China may have called America's hand this time and most indications are that America wants to be called sooner better than later.

Predictions? Does America really want a naval battle so many thousands of miles from home?
Or it could be that a couple of ships from different nations happened to be traveling in the same basic direction and happened to get close to one another. I saw no aggression from either side. Looked kinda cool but pretty much a nothing burger.

Or it could be that a couple of ships from different nations happened to be traveling in the same basic direction and happened to get close to one another. I saw no aggression from either side. Looked kinda cool but pretty much a nothing burger.
It's possible but I think that's your brave optimism talking. These sort of events don't occur on the oceans accidentally.

And more important, both sides won't be making the claim that it was accidental. So you're alone with your summary.

No Uke lovers have chimed in and cried "Fake News"!? Miracles never cease...

It's possible but I think that's your brave optimism talking. These sort of events don't occur on the oceans accidentally.

And more important, both sides won't be making the claim that it was accidental. So you're alone with your summary.
Again ... nothing burger. Just like the spy balloon that Biden allowed over our nation turned into nothing.

Kids playing with their warships. They get the ships, and are all excited, until they realize that there's nothing to do. I can't say that I blame them.

Forum List

Back