Vietnam War and question for the boomer generation

It was bullshit.
It was a civil war backed by russia and china for communist expansion leading to world domination

If that was the case, where was the world domination when the Communists won in 1975?
All the fear mongering that kept us in the war for ten years and killed over a million people never happened

In science, one verifies one's observations by submitting them to peer review. I remember something very clearly from the Vietnam War, but liberal friends and acquaintances tell me it never happened. I have done internet research, but I can't find anything in regards to this issue. Now I know she made those comments before the internet, but they should be in the history of the time. So here is the question for all the boomer generation that may be on this site: I remember Jane Fonda praising the Khmer Rouge for their victory in Cambodia; do you remember it? Do you have a source that would back up my memories?
You Tube "Hanoi Jane" to find your answer. Then jack-off to her in "Cat Ballou".

If that was the case, where was the world domination when the Communists won in 1975?
The war was very expensive for the communist bloc which has a much smaller economy than the US

We exhausted the enemy, even though demo traitors in congress handed the victory to the losers of the fighting

The war was very expensive for the communist bloc which has a much smaller economy than the US

We exhausted the enemy, even though demo traitors in congress handed the victory to the losers of the fighting
There is absolutely no proof of this.

How bout this found with DuckDuckGo:
Even in 1979, when the world was aware of the millions of Vietnamese and Cambodians murdered and starved to death by their communist victors, when even Joan Baez protested the Khmer Rouge slaughter, Jane Fonda refused to join in. As she then told the National Press Club, she was unable to confirm the accuracy of the charges.

This is more upsetting:
In 1972, having accused the U.S. of committing "genocide" by fighting communist takeover of South Vietnam, she volunteered for 10 vehement propaganda broadcasts for Radio Hanoi that called President Nixon a "new-type Hitler" and encouraged South Vietnamese soldiers to desert being "cannon fodder for U.S. imperialism," asserted U.S. pilots' bombing "makes one a war criminal," and she gleefully appeared around the world filmed in the firing seat of a North Vietnamese anti-air gun.

This piece of film she now admits was a "betrayal of the country that gave me privilege."

The hypocrisy and shallowness of this admission was quickly exposed when Jane Fonda defiantly added "I won't apologize" for her propaganda appearance with U.S. POWs, showing no remorse for some tortured for refusing to appear with her, by explaining in her morally blind view "both sides were using POWs for propaganda."

All the above from Jane Fonda is to be pitied
After all these years, I'm still not Fonda Hanoi Jane. She undoubtedly fueled the terrible backlash to our young veterans returning from The Viet Nam hell hole.

Worse by far, they never want to learn anything. They can't learn even in 20/20 hindsight. Like the communists. Forge ahead.
"Progressive" is a one-word oxymoron.

http://DemocratInsanity.blogspot.com
Except that there is no left wing or progressive movement in this country and certainly not in the D Party. The D Party is almost an exact duplication of the R Party. Both are corporatist, statist, authoritarian, warmongering political parties.

History proved there was no Domino Theory
All the evils we predicted if Vietnam turned Communist never happened.
We killed millions needlessly because we couldn’t mind our own business
So you are fine with the millions of Vietnamese and Cambodians murdered by their communist governments after the fall of Saigon?

Except that there is no left wing or progressive movement in this country and certainly not in the D Party. The D Party is almost an exact duplication of the R Party. Both are corporatist, statist, authoritarian, warmongering political parties.
Rubbish. The Democrats have created the largest immigrant invasion the modern world has ever seen. Where are they all going to go? How much will "free healthcare" for millions upon millions of sick immigrants and their kids cost the US? They have also turned some of our finest cities into crime ridden hell holes. The Democrats represent foreign interests not American interests.

Rubbish. The Democrats have created the largest immigrant invasion the modern world has ever seen. Where are they all going to go? How much will "free healthcare" for millions upon millions of sick immigrants and their kids cost the US? They have also turned some of our finest cities into crime ridden hell holes. The Democrats represent foreign interests not American interests.
No. Immigration has been a problem for decades. Did you forget Ronnie’s amnesty? W tried to give an amnesty too.

Ds represent the interests of their donors, just as Rs do. This will blow your mind…their donors are the same people.

No. Immigration has been a problem for decades. Did you forget Ronnie’s amnesty? W tried to give an amnesty too.

Ds represent the interests of their donors, just as Rs do. This will blow your mind…their donors are the same people.
I have lived within an hour's drive of the border for over 40 years. I can assure you, it has NEVER been this bad. Furthermore, the Democrats have corrupted the DOJ and intelligence agencies during their 6 year campaign to destroy Donald Trump. I will agree that the lifers of both parties are two sides of the same coin, but the Democratic Party is now run by the extremists and Biden is their meat puppet.

Vietnam protestors like Jane Fonda and John Kerry were Patriots
So would "Hanoi Jane" consider Kennedy to be "Hitler"?
They recognized that we had no business being in Vietnam and that we were being lied to
or did they just point fingers at those they politically opposed?
The Traitors were those who wrapped themselves in the flag and promised quick victory while they proceeded to get 60,000 Americans killed
that's all well and good if you want to pin that on those who started and sustained the war, but what do you call the ones who ended the war?, the ones who did what "Hanoi Jane" and John Kerry couldn't and didn't do...
..."HJ" calls them Hitler, while sparing those who had no part in ending the war, this is just the type of finger pointing the left excels at.

Forum List

Back