Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

I'm laughing my socks off.

The political right are going stupid because funny foreign types are singing your national anthem and respecting America.

Your right wing are as thick as pig shit.

That is the point, it is not respectful.

Our National Anthem is the Star Spangled Banner.
America the Beautiful is a patriotic song.

Singing this patriotic song in different languages to us would be like Singing your patriotic song Gugur Bunga in the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian languages.

What exactly is disrespectful about that?

Ask that question to Indofred.

I'm laughing my socks off.

The political right are going stupid because funny foreign types are singing your national anthem and respecting America.

Your right wing are as thick as pig shit.

Singing this patriotic song in different languages to us would be like Singing your patriotic song Gugur Bunga in the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian languages.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=axSmP50Z-hI]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful - Meet the Singers - YouTube[/ame]

YOU are the one who said it was "not respectful."

There are millions of us who are saying the same thing, not just me.

It is really too bad that so many in this country can't see what really unites us, and promoting Americans to speak their native languages divides us.
It is the same thing the left have always done, dividing us rather than uniting us.
We are not African Americans, or German Americans, or Mexican Americans or Japanese Americans.
Many a family who move here and try to keep their original countries ways has always divided those families. The children that are born in this country has gotten it and they argue with their parents that we are American's Mom and Dad . We are not living in Japan, or Germany or which ever country and they say to them we are Americans, we no longer live in the old country.
We are seeing the very same thing now with some Muslims who move here and the Father trying to keep their Daughters from becoming Americans. Killing them for not keeping the old counties traditions.
We are all Americans, with one language and a Constitution that unites us.
America the Beautiful was written to celebrate the Fourth of July, celebrating our freedom from an oppressive government.
The very same reason that people from all around the world came here, to flee an oppressive government.
When anyone moves here they become Americans with one unofficial spoken language and our individual rights as a person.

It does not help to divide us by singing an American song in different languages, singing about how beautiful this place is.
Especially now when we are so divided as a nation.

Did you hear what the one girl said in that video?
She said that they have one thing is common in liking the same soda pop. That is an insult.
We are teaching our young that material things is what unites us.
Not being united as one nation. indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The melting pot is about uniting and embracing our different cultures and making them uniquely American, not dividing us with our different languages.
Creole is a unique American English not French.

Can you just see the headlines now if the largest single ethnic group in America wanting German speaking TV stations and political and legal documents printed in German like the Latinos have done?

Many Americans are getting sick and tired of the pick and choose hypocrisy (this group over that group).

The right wing of this country has just as much rights to protest over something as the left does.
The left wanting to demonize, insult and shut up the right wing just because they don't agree is not the American way.

Last edited:
promoting Americans to speak their native languages divides us...

Much ado about nothing. There is no "promotion" involved in any case.

That is exactly what the left says about the rights protests.
It is always either whining or much ado about nothing
Only the lefts protests are what is relevant and important.

I bet that we see a bill in the not to distant future again about making English the official language.

I bet that we see a bill in the not to distant future again about making English the official language.

Could be. I bet it wouldn't pass even if both the House and the Senate were Republican majority. It just wouldn't be practical, and would spawn no end of law suits. We have too many of those as it is.

You also feel its disrespectful. You said so prior to providing the example of indos patriotic song. What about it is disrespectful?

You also feel its disrespectful. You said so prior to providing the example of indos patriotic song. What about it is disrespectful?

A traditional song celebrating the nationalism of America, altered to promote an internationalist message?

Gee, what COULD be disrespectful about that?

Sort of like changing "Jesus loves me" in alternate verses to "Vishnu loves me," "Allah loves me," "Qotzecoatle loves me."

There are millions of us who are saying the same thing, not just me.

It is really too bad that so many in this country can't see what really unites us, and promoting Americans to speak their native languages divides us.
It is the same thing the left have always done, dividing us rather than uniting us.
We are not African Americans, or German Americans, or Mexican Americans or Japanese Americans.
Many a family who move here and try to keep their original countries ways has always divided those families. The children that are born in this country has gotten it and they argue with their parents that we are American's Mom and Dad . We are not living in Japan, or Germany or which ever country and they say to them we are Americans, we no longer live in the old country.
We are seeing the very same thing now with some Muslims who move here and the Father trying to keep their Daughters from becoming Americans. Killing them for not keeping the old counties traditions.
We are all Americans, with one language and a Constitution that unites us.
America the Beautiful was written to celebrate the Fourth of July, celebrating our freedom from an oppressive government.
The very same reason that people from all around the world came here, to flee an oppressive government.
When anyone moves here they become Americans with one unofficial spoken language and our individual rights as a person.

It does not help to divide us by singing an American song in different languages, singing about how beautiful this place is.
Especially now when we are so divided as a nation.

Did you hear what the one girl said in that video?
She said that they have one thing is common in liking the same soda pop. That is an insult.
We are teaching our young that material things is what unites us.
Not being united as one nation. indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The melting pot is about uniting and embracing our different cultures and making them uniquely American, not dividing us with our different languages.
Creole is a unique American English not French.

Can you just see the headlines now if the largest single ethnic group in America wanting German speaking TV stations and political and legal documents printed in German like the Latinos have done?

Many Americans are getting sick and tired of the pick and choose hypocrisy (this group over that group).

The right wing of this country has just as much rights to protest over something as the left does.
The left wanting to demonize, insult and shut up the right wing just because they don't agree is not the American way.

This whole post sounds like one big whining fit about how America is diverse and we should pick one language to sing the song in ignoring what other people are comfortable with. Magically that language will probably be English. My advice is to sing it in English if you choose while having the ability to not get upset when people sing it in the language they choose. Our diversity is what makes us strong.

Funny how the first lyrics of THIS National Anthem are......

"O God of all creation,
Bless this our land and nation."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRLLaq2VM8]National Anthem of Kenya - YouTube[/ame]

But to say that in America?

Yeah, right.

Now we have some idea why a Marxist might be ashamed of a Kenyan heritage.

Getting upset about a Coca Cola commercial is stupid. People always have and always will speak other languages in this country, but English has long been and will remain the dominant language without the necessity of tearing out hair or rending of cloth. The nation will survive this soft drink ad.

On the other hand, I have read stories of students in certain schools being forced to sing the national anthem in Spanish. That is also stupid.

Getting upset about a Coca Cola commercial is stupid. People always have and always will speak other languages in this country, but English has long been and will remain the dominant language without the necessity of tearing out hair or rending of cloth. The nation will survive this soft drink ad.

On the other hand, I have read stories of students in certain schools being forced to sing the national anthem in Spanish. That is also stupid.

More bemused than upset. This is disrespectful, but not earth shattering.

A traditional song celebrating the nationalism of America, altered to promote an internationalist message?

Sort of like changing "Jesus loves me" in alternate verses to "Vishnu loves me," "Allah loves me," "Qotzecoatle loves me."

This country is international in case you haven't noticed. Nothing disrespectful except to people who want an all white society. How is that working out for you?

Last edited:

I have explained it numerous times in numerous different ways throughout this whole thread.
What? Do you only read just a few posts or just the one above before you post?
Read post 244.

The post to indofred was to tell him he was wrong and the song is not our national anthem but it is a patriotic song. All I did was give him something he could maybe relate to with his own countries patriotic song. He can agree or disagree with that example.

No wonder people from the rest of the world does not know our national anthem when even Americans don't know our national anthem from a patriotic song.
So no wonder people here in America does not get it or thinks that it is no big deal.
It's absolutely pathetic.
Even some of our Politicians does not know what our national anthem is from a patriotic song sung on the 4th of July.

This country is international in case you haven't noticed.

No, it's not.

No wonder people from the rest of the world does [sic] not know our national anthem when even Americans don't know our national anthem from a patriotic song.
So no wonder people here in America does [sic] not get it or thinks that it is no big deal.
It's absolutely pathetic.
Even some of our Politicians does [sic] not know what our national anthem is from a patriotic song sung on the 4th of July.

You should really learn English if you are living in America. It's in your own best interests.

This country is international in case you haven't noticed. Nothing disrespectful except to people who want an all white society. How is that working out for you?

No this country is American with Americans who came from all over the world.
The U. N. is international.

Forum List

Back