Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

No wonder people from the rest of the world does [sic] not know our national anthem when even Americans don't know our national anthem from a patriotic song.
So no wonder people here in America does [sic] not get it or thinks that it is no big deal.
It's absolutely pathetic.
Even some of our Politicians does [sic] not know what our national anthem is from a patriotic song sung on the 4th of July.

You should really learn English if you are living in America. It's in your own best interests.

Do you realize that does not is the same word as doesn't? One is just a combination of the two words. Just like do not and don't.
Does not is proper English.
It also depends on what part of the country you are from, here in America.

A traditional song celebrating the nationalism of America, altered to promote an internationalist message?

Gee, what COULD be disrespectful about that?

Sort of like changing "Jesus loves me" in alternate verses to "Vishnu loves me," "Allah loves me," "Qotzecoatle loves me."

This country is international in case you haven't noticed. Nothing disrespectful except to people who want an all white society. How is that working out for you?

No this country is American with Americans who came from all over the world.
The U. N. is international.

Thats what I mean by international. There never has been a time when this country was not international.

A traditional song celebrating the nationalism of America, altered to promote an internationalist message?

Gee, what COULD be disrespectful about that?

Sort of like changing "Jesus loves me" in alternate verses to "Vishnu loves me," "Allah loves me," "Qotzecoatle loves me."

This country is international in case you haven't noticed.

No, it's not.

Yes its. In a one block radius I can think of about 5 families that have dual citizenship that are also americans. I'm pretty sure I do not live in some isolated enclave.

This country is international in case you haven't noticed. Nothing disrespectful except to people who want an all white society. How is that working out for you?

Nation and race are vastly different things.

You no doubt claim to be African-American, but were you born in Africa? Have you ever even visited Africa?

America has many colors, but is one nation. The left seeks to change that, to divide and balkanize. But then, your reasons are not to make a stronger and more prosperous country, quite the opposite.

Ask that question to Indofred.

You also feel its disrespectful. You said so prior to providing the example of indos patriotic song. What about it is disrespectful?

I have explained it numerous times in numerous different ways throughout this whole thread.
What? Do you only read just a few posts or just the one above before you post?
Read post 244.

The post to indofred was to tell him he was wrong and the song is not our national anthem but it is a patriotic song. All I did was give him something he could maybe relate to with his own countries patriotic song. He can agree or disagree with that example.

No wonder people from the rest of the world does not know our national anthem when even Americans don't know our national anthem from a patriotic song.
So no wonder people here in America does not get it or thinks that it is no big deal.
Even some of our Politicians does not know what our national anthem is from a patriotic song sung on the 4th of July.

I guess I just dont see your point in how it is disrespectful to sing our national anthem in another language. The notion of having a problem with that is weird to me. We have lots of people from other countries that primarily speak their native language still. The whole premise of the country is supposedly to be diverse. What better way of showing unity than acknowledging all those different ethnic groups by singing our national anthem in those languages?

Nation and race are vastly different things.

You no doubt claim to be African-American, but were you born in Africa? Have you ever even visited Africa?

America has many colors, but is one nation. The left seeks to change that, to divide and balkanize. But then, your reasons are not to make a stronger and more prosperous country, quite the opposite.

I dont disagree with that notion of race and nation. Yes I am African American and i was born here in the US. I have been to Africa 3 times now and plan on going back in 2 years.

The left and the right have done things to divide this nation. However, the right has historically been the side that carried out the most heinous application of the divisive tactics. I dont know what you mean by my reasons but evidently you have no clue what they are.

No wonder people from the rest of the world does [sic] not know our national anthem when even Americans don't know our national anthem from a patriotic song.
So no wonder people here in America does [sic] not get it or thinks that it is no big deal.
Even some of our Politicians does [sic] not know what our national anthem is from a patriotic song sung on the 4th of July.

You should really learn English if you are living in America. It's in your own best interests.

Do you realize that does not is the same word as doesn't?

Gee, it seems I may have heard something about that...

Do you realize the difference between the third person plural and the third person singular?

Yes its. In a one block radius I can think of about 5 families that have dual citizenship that are also americans [sic]. I'm pretty sure I do not live in some isolated enclave.

The United States of America is one nation.

That would only be true if everyone shared the same culture and language.

That is not true, of course. Every nation is comprised of many cultures and more than one language.

Last edited:

Do you realize the difference between the third person plural and the third person singular?

You mean like - they are - 3rd person plural?
He, she, one, it - 3rd person singular

I did not realize that a message board was criteria for exact English requirements, like it would be for a professional witting job. Who knew :)

I did not realize that a message board was criteria for exact English requirements, like it would be for a professional witting job. Who knew :)

Are you trying to disrespect the country by using ungrammatical English? Go ahead and sing a song in another language, as long as you do it right.

That would only be true if everyone shared the same culture and language.

That is not true, of course. Every nation is comprised of many cultures and more than one language.

Not nearly as much as the US. i would bet we are the largest multicultural society on earth.

Edit

I just fell victim to the hype. We are one of the largest.

Our Moto
E pluribus unum —Latin for "Out of many, one
220px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_%28obverse%29.svg.png

Adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782

One Nation all Americans.

The Melting Pot is the promise that all immigrants can be transformed into Americans, a new alloy forged in a crucible of democracy, freedom and civic responsibility.

Are you trying to disrespect the country by using ungrammatical English? Go ahead and sing a song in another language, as long as you do it right.

Ooo eee ! ........ say that to a Creole speaking person from New Orleans and see how far you get without getting a broken nose or even worse. :)

Ooo eee ! ........ say that to a Creole speaking person from New Orleans and see how far you get without getting a broken nose or even worse. :)

No problem, be glad to.

Not nearly as much as the US. i would bet we are the largest multicultural society on earth.

Edit

Our Moto

The Melting Pot is the promise that all immigrants can be transformed into Americans, a new alloy forged in a crucible of democracy, freedom and civic responsibility.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkJ55Qt0q0&feature=youtu.be]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube[/ame]

breitbart-coke-surrender.jpg

Edit

Our Moto

Where does it say we all have to sing the national anthem in English to accomplish this?

Forum List

Back