Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

Funny how this mud-fest has turned into discussion of singing America's National Anthem when the song sung wasn't.

Now I know a few liberals will find that sentence challenging and preapologize* for having revealed that unfortunate situation. (NOT)

* just acting presidential there

Not nearly as much as the US. i would bet we are the largest multicultural society on earth.

Edit

I just fell victim to the hype. We are one of the largest.

Our Moto
E pluribus unum —Latin for "Out of many, one
220px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_%28obverse%29.svg.png

Adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782

One Nation all Americans.

The Melting Pot is the promise that all immigrants can be transformed into Americans, a new alloy forged in a crucible of democracy, freedom and civic responsibility.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkJ55Qt0q0&feature=youtu.be]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube[/ame]

breitbart-coke-surrender.jpg

Do you have some reason you oppose them adding it? Does it offend you in some way?

Funny how this mud-fest has turned into discussion of singing America's National Anthem when the song sung wasn't.

Now I know a few liberals will find that sentence challenging and preapologize* for having revealed that unfortunate situation. (NOT)

* just acting presidential there

Mudfest? Everyone seems to be pretty civil.

Our Moto
E pluribus unum —Latin for "Out of many, one
220px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_%28obverse%29.svg.png

Adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782

One Nation all Americans.

The Melting Pot is the promise that all immigrants can be transformed into Americans, a new alloy forged in a crucible of democracy, freedom and civic responsibility.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkJ55Qt0q0&feature=youtu.be"]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube[/ame]

breitbart-coke-surrender.jpg

Do you have some reason you oppose them adding it? Does it offend you in some way?
No, what gave you that idea??? :confused:

I'm merely pointing out the stupidity of the Tea Bag Brotherhood who claim Coke, “bowed to conservative critics” who insist on English-only by inserting a short phrase in, wait for it, Latin.

I'm merely pointing out the stupidity of the Tea Bag Brotherhood who claim Coke, “bowed to conservative critics” who insist on English-only by inserting a short phrase in, wait for it, Latin.

Where is the "stupidity"? It has been our motto since the founding of the Republic. I'm pretty sure most people regardless of political orientation realize it's a Latin phrase. You don't seem to understand (leaving aside agreeing or disagreeing) with what some people took issue. You're so eager to bash a loosely-defined group of your fellow citizens - not even an official political party - that you make yourself look like a fool.

You are the one that is isolating the two.
You have to add the English language with Constitutional rights (freedom from the Government) which we no longer have. Now this document is dividing us as well as languages.
It is too bad you can't see that the two go together.

Because it's stupid. You aren't citing complex math here.
English has nothing to do with our rights. You are afforded them regardless of what you speak

Of course English has nothing to do with our rights.
At least we can agree on that one. :)
It is too bad that you can't see that speaking one language and our constitutional rights are 2 things that ties us all together as Americans.

No it doesnt. What ties us as Americans is being American. You have nothing, zero, and you look rather stupid for your " protest" about the topic.

BTW speaking another language makes you american. Constitution or no constitutions we are still Americans. America is more than her flag, and rights. Something it seems you are too limited to realize

Last edited:
What's the big deal?? I swear, people find the dumbest shit to get upset about.

Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad: Can you believe this reaction?

I don't get all emotional or angry over any ad. Here's a question, since this ad was brought up in this thread, would it have killed the Coca-Cola marketing team to teach the foreigners to sing in English?

The whole point was to sing in different languages reflecting everyone in the nation. Gone are the days they cater to just one market.

Where is the "stupidity"? It has been our motto since the founding of the Republic. I'm pretty sure most people regardless of political orientation realize it's a Latin phrase. You don't seem to understand (leaving aside agreeing or disagreeing) with what some people took issue. You're so eager to bash a loosely-defined group of your fellow citizens - not even an official political party - that you make yourself look like a fool.
You can't be THAT stupid!

The fools claimed victory in their War for English-only after a Latin phrase was added to the beginning of the ad. Did you play the new ad? It has the same multiple languages + a Latin phrase. VICTORY! :woohoo:

Watch it and tell me why the Tea Bag Brotherhood has a reason to crow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkJ55Qt0q0&feature=youtu.be]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube[/ame]

What's the big deal?? I swear, people find the dumbest shit to get upset about.

Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad: Can you believe this reaction?

I don't get all emotional or angry over any ad. Here's a question, since this ad was brought up in this thread, would it have killed the Coca-Cola marketing team to teach the foreigners to sing in English?
They were ALL English speaking AMERICANS!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSmP50Z-hI]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful - Meet the Singers - YouTube[/ame]

The fools claimed victory in their War for English-only after a Latin phrase was added to the beginning of the ad.

You're missing the point because you want to - of course. Have you ever considered living even one moment of your life without being a hyper-partisan drone? You might like it.

The fools claimed victory in their War for English-only after a Latin phrase was added to the beginning of the ad. Did you play the new ad? It has the same multiple languages + a Latin phrase. VICTORY! :woohoo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkJ55Qt0q0&feature=youtu.be"]Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube[/ame]

The fools claimed victory in their War for English-only after a Latin phrase was added to the beginning of the ad.

You're missing the point because you want to - of course. Have you ever considered living even one moment of your life without being a hyper-partisan drone? You might like it.
You never have a point to miss! Have you ever considered backing up your bullshit rather than just editing out the backup of others in your replies???

Last edited:

You never have a point to miss! Have you ever considered backing up your bullshit rather than just editing out the backup of others in your replies???

What "back up" are you looking for, drone?

Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful (E Pluribus Unum :90) - YouTube

What "back up" are you looking for, drone?
Backup for ANYTHING you've claimed, of course.

Forum List

Back