Village of "Wool" asked to change its name to "Vegan Wool"

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Animal rights activists ridiculed for asking village of Wool to change name to Vegan Wool in 'animal friendly update'

Animal rights activists have contacted the village of Wool in Dorset, asking if it would like to change its name to Vegan Wool in an "animal friendly update".

In a letter to the parish council, the vegan organisation suggests that the name change would "put Wool in the spotlight and promote kindness to sheep".

However, the fact that the name Wool is actually derived from an ancient word for "well" or "springs" appears to have been overlooked.

The letter from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Director Elisa Allen goes on to state that wool "stolen from sheep" is "a product of extreme cruelty", which if done incorrectly can leave "sheep with large, bloody wounds", and aims to tempt villagers to back a name change by offering them vegan wool blankets.

I think this is genius.There is zero chance of this happening but they have highlighted the mistreatment of sheep. At zero cost. We shouldnt mistreat animals.

Animal rights activists ridiculed for asking village of Wool to change name to Vegan Wool in 'animal friendly update'

Animal rights activists have contacted the village of Wool in Dorset, asking if it would like to change its name to Vegan Wool in an "animal friendly update".

In a letter to the parish council, the vegan organisation suggests that the name change would "put Wool in the spotlight and promote kindness to sheep".

However, the fact that the name Wool is actually derived from an ancient word for "well" or "springs" appears to have been overlooked.

The letter from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Director Elisa Allen goes on to state that wool "stolen from sheep" is "a product of extreme cruelty", which if done incorrectly can leave "sheep with large, bloody wounds", and aims to tempt villagers to back a name change by offering them vegan wool blankets.

I think this is genius.There is zero chance of this happening but they have highlighted the mistreatment of sheep. At zero cost. We shouldnt mistreat animals.

Every time I get a hair cut, I think of all the vegan sheep I am saving.

faggotry.jpg

Animal rights activists should theoretically be skinned and made into gloves, lampshades, moccasins, and other useful items.

PETA actually has kill shelters and they were hiding that fact at one point. They're not even a viable animal rights organization.

Even my Cat thinks this is silly, and he is usually on board with all this animal rights stuff. For totally self serving reasons, of course.

Forum List

Back