Violence against women by Israeli society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promise :) You are not going to talk to me :)

.. I used to like you...like I like my young brother or something...but now after this post you started...I don't like you anymore.

I don't like racists and antisemites and you appear to me like one after this

sorry

You are WRONG about me being antisemite. It seems like you are anti-Indian though.

No Vikrant

The Holy Mountain Arunachala means a lot to me....but that is another topic

I venerate Indian spiritual teachings.and Holy Men

I can assure you that I have nothing against Jews. I am friends with tons of Jews. I have worked for them and with them. I have celebrated Indian festivals at Jewish temples. Israel is a time tested friend of India. No Indian in his right mind will be anti-Israel. I am not anti-Israeli or anti-Jew. You need to take my word for it.

Thank you for explaining it to me Vikrant

I offer this beautiful music for you ...and also for Love and Peace and Arunachala ...and all our Spiritual Masters....who are right here with us on Love's side

I offer incense and sandalwood ..

I wish you a very happy Hanikah in advance :)

I
.. I used to like you...like I like my young brother or something...but now after this post you started...I don't like you anymore.

sorry

You are WRONG about me being antisemite. It seems like you are anti-Indian though.

No Vikrant

I can assure you that I have nothing against Jews. I am friends with tons of Jews. I have worked for them and with them. I have celebrated Indian festivals at Jewish temples. Israel is a time tested friend of India. No Indian in his right mind will be anti-Israel. I am not anti-Israeli or anti-Jew. You need to take my word for it.

I offer this beautiful music for you ...and also for Love and Peace and Arunachala ...and all our Spiritual Masters....who are right here with us on Love's side

I do thank you

whatever it is ...and it's Peaceful and Beautiful :)

I thank you

Woah...you are being awfully defensive here. I have no ax to grind and I'm not basing what I say on my opinion alone. India's women are the ones speaking out about this. As long as people like you deny there is a problem, then it will continue to be a problem.

I think you are being defensive. I simply said you could be someone who has an ax to grind with India. I did not say you were. At any rate, I will give more credence to professional organizations than individuals like yourself.

I'm not being defensive, I'm simply noting that you seem to be having a knee-jerk reaction to any criticism of India. Violence against women is a big problem there as well as in a number of other regions.

Don't take my word for it - here are the words of professional organizations:

Violence against women in India

Violence Against Women ICRW

I go by the statistics gathered by credible sources. That is it. You need to realize that just because somebody puts something on the web does not make it true. That is why whatever you are saying has no credibility on this issue whatsoever.

Are you ok Vikrant? You sure aren't posting the way you normally do....I posted links from credible sources.

I did not see any credible statistics in there. I am not denying that violence against women does not happen in India. The violence against women in India is much lower than most countries. That is why it ranks 1.8 on the index, which is very low. I am also aware that there are people who have an ax to grind with India and they will post all kinds of non-sense about India.

I am OK. Thank you for asking :)

What is not credible about the International Center for Research on Women?

I

No Vikrant

I do thank you

whatever it is ...and it's Peaceful and Beautiful :)

I thank you

I must have misspelled it.

I used to live with a Jewish woman (not my GF) when I was in my 20s. I am still friends with her. She was bored once her kids moved out. She had big house. She rented a room to me. I still remember the peaceful feeling when I moved into her home. I surfed with her son not too long ago when I visited her. Her daughter is big time into Indian food.

I think you are being defensive. I simply said you could be someone who has an ax to grind with India. I did not say you were. At any rate, I will give more credence to professional organizations than individuals like yourself.

I'm not being defensive, I'm simply noting that you seem to be having a knee-jerk reaction to any criticism of India. Violence against women is a big problem there as well as in a number of other regions.

I go by the statistics gathered by credible sources. That is it. You need to realize that just because somebody puts something on the web does not make it true. That is why whatever you are saying has no credibility on this issue whatsoever.

Are you ok Vikrant? You sure aren't posting the way you normally do....I posted links from credible sources.

I did not see any credible statistics in there. I am not denying that violence against women does not happen in India. The violence against women in India is much lower than most countries. That is why it ranks 1.8 on the index, which is very low. I am also aware that there are people who have an ax to grind with India and they will post all kinds of non-sense about India.

Why do you think it is credible?

I asked you a question first.

It does not contain statistics. It contains subjective texts and pictures. Anyone can create a blog about any country with some pictures and texts. Anyone can title the blog "International this and that". I have provided you with statistics from UN in past when we debated in a similar thread about UK. You like to ignore that and then come up with these propaganda websites.

Now, answer my question: why do you think those links are credible?

sorry

No Vikrant

5 months?

Yes I agree. because they start with Israel first and then they follow with blacks and on and on....it's a very disturbing thing to behold :(

I doubt any poster here on this forum has posted more anti-black posts than you.

No Vikrant...you are making a futile attempt to cover your ass.

I don't want to talk to you anymore...talk to others

sorry

India and Its Spiritual Teachings are deep in my Heart and Soul ...in my DNA....

Bless...India and their Spiritual Masters

so never say to me I am anti-Indian....Vikrant...never say that to me again

I doubt any poster here on this forum has posted more anti-black posts than you.

sorry

India and Its Spiritual Teachings are deep in my Heart and Soul ...in my DNA....

Never ever say that I am anti-Jewish or anti-Israel. That is not ever going to happen. I will be visiting Israel in November.

sorry

Never ever say that I am anti-Jewish or anti-Israel. That is not ever going to happen. I will be visiting Israel in November.

Ok my brother... that's nice...

one day I will go to Arunachala myself....

sorry

Why wait for one day? :) Do it now before you change your mind :)

sorry

I know ..hehe...I can't do it right now..

but I know in my soul all about beautiful India's ever present Masters I I know about Love and Light

Ha ...what else do I need to know on this earth? nothing else my darlings....nothing else :)

but I know in my soul all about beautiful India's ever present Masters I I know about Love and Light

Ha ...what else do I need to know on this earth? nothing else my darlings....nothing else :)

India and Israel are friends. They will always watch each other's back. It does not matter what you and I say or do on this forum :) I am OK with it. How about you?

India and Israel are friends. They will always watch each other's back. It does not matter what you and I say or do on this forum :) I am OK with it. How about you?

I am Ok too my brother! :)

All right sister! Good night and sleep tight :)

Good night brother...sleep tight God Bless you

sorry

No Vikrant

Typical antisemite response: "I'm friends with tons of Jews". Yeah right. Guess what? I also had people that worked for me that I knew were antisemites. They would always tell me "you're not like the rest of the Jews". I bet you tell that to your Jewish boss um "friends" too.

Antisemtism is like a mental disease.

Good night brother...sleep tight God Bless you

Sorry to interrupt, but I think you are being a little naive and bamboozled by this bullshit artist. "Hasbara posting false data" is like dog whistle for Jew hater. You should know that. Now he's sweet talking you by wishing you a merry Christmas in the middle of summer. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this piece of shit.

It does not contain statistics. It contains subjective texts and pictures. Anyone can create a blog about any country with some pictures and texts. Anyone can title the blog "International this and that". I have provided you with statistics from UN in past when we debated in a similar thread about UK. You like to ignore that and then come up with these propaganda websites.

Now, answer my question: why do you think those links are credible?

I usually like statistics as evidence - however, they aren't the be-all and end-all and they can have problems with credibility.

The problem with statistics and crime rates is that when you try to compare them across countries they fall apart. Violence and rape against women is one such example.

Here is a site that uses statistics: Countries Compared by Crime Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

You will notice that Sweden is rated #6 so what do you conclude? Sweden is a massively dangerous country for women. However Sweden also has a very broad legal definition of "rape" and includes spouses in the definition. Women are encouraged to report rape and most of all - feel safe reporting it. Each incidence is counted seperately - so if a woman is raped 6 times by her her husband or boyfriend it is counted as 6 incidents of rape. Other countries with different laws will count it as one incident (one victim). You see how that can make the statistics suspect once you cross the border and try to compare it with other countries?

If you look towards the bottom - Egypt is second to last with fewest reported incidents of rape. IS rape rare in Egypt? Or, with it's paternalistic culture, where women are routinely devalued - is it under reported? A woman in Egypt is assaulted and raped and she is "ruined" in the eyes of her family. Reporting it means she becomes publically dishonored and faces a court of men and must defend herself. She may lose her life. Women "disappear" there. How many of them become victims of family members?

Rapes are usually not reported in Egypt, due to the fear of social rejection and culturally it's not accepted.

Rania Hamid from Centre for Egyptian Women’s Legal Assistance (CEWLA) says that no one comes and tells that they have been raped, saying "Girls consider it to be quite enough that a few people know about the rape." Rania Hamid further describes the problem, that even if a girl would reveal that she has been raped, the whole issue would take form of honour, she said that "There are problems of honour. Sometimes a brother or cousin may kill her, saying ‘you wanted this, you encouraged this, you’re not honourable, and what is that you are wearing’?... Of course it’s not her fault, but who are you going to tell that to? The girl or society?"[2]

According to the US State Department country report, "honour crimes" are not actually illegal in Egypt.

Farah Shash, a psychologist explains that young boys are rarely stopped or opposed by their parents for molesting girls publicly, it's because the children always saw the same behavior around them. Shash further adds that "Often, families will just laugh".[5] According Seif el-Dawla who runs a center in the country told that "Sexual molestation and harassment ... is routine for women who come across police".

Egyptian Centre for Women's Rights (ECWR) has called the problem "social cancer" and suggested that dress code is not deterrent at all. ECWR carried out a survey in 2008 which found that 83 percent of Egyptian women and 98 percent of foreign women within Egypt had experienced sexual harassment at some time, and only 12% had gone to police for complaining such issue. Over 62% of Egyptian men admitted harassing women, and 53% of Egyptian men have blamed women for 'bringing it on.'[6]

United Nations Entity for Gender Equality in May 23, 2013, reported that estimated of 99.3% of Egyptian women said they faced some form of sexual violence.[7]

In some of the cases, rape has been connected to some religious issues.[8] Activists reported that Muslim Brotherhood pays for raping women and beating men.[9]

So which country do you think actually has a higher degree of violence and rape towards women?

Now lets look at India:

India is #94 out of 118 with 1.8
How accurate is that statistic? In fact, India seems to be much like Egypt.

Rape in India - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Rape is the fourth most common crime against women in India.[1][2] According to the National Crime Records Bureau 2013 annual report, 24,923 rape cases were reported across India in 2012.[3] Out of these, 24,470 were committed by someone known to the victim (98% of the cases).[4]

India has been characterised as one of the "countries with the lowest per capita rates of rape".[5] The National Crime Records Bureau of India suggests a reported rape rate of 2 per 100,000 people, much lower than reported rape incidence rate statistics for many nations tracked by the United Nations.[3][6] A majority of rape cases in India, as elsewhere in the world, are never reported.[7][8][9]

Marital rape is not a crime.

Most rapes go unreported because the rape victims fear retaliation and humiliation - in India and elsewhere in the world.[34] Indian parliamentarians have stated that the rape problem in India is being underestimated because large number of cases are not reported, even though more victims are increasingly coming out and reporting rape and sexual assaults.[8]

Few states in India have tried to estimate or survey unreported cases sexual assault. The estimates for unreported rapes in India vary widely. Madiha Kark estimates 54% of rape crimes are unreported.[35] The Government of Odisha estimates 60% of sexual assaults go unreported in its state.[36] A UN study of 57 countries estimates just 11% of rape and sexual assault cases worldwide are ever reported.[9]

Given the unreliability of statistics when it comes to comparing crime - what would you consider a credible source?

WHO perhaps? The UN perhaps?

You specifically asked me why I considered International Center for Research on Women credible. They seem to be a reputable international organization who's main aim is improving the status of women world wide - they take on child marriages, violence against women, economic inequalities etc. I can't find any "complaints" about it in a search.

Why do you call it propoganda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back