Vote on What Verdict You Think Zimmerman Will Get Before its Given!

Do you think GZ's guilt has proven beyond reasonable doubt and that he'll be convict?

• Yes he is guilty and YES he will be convicted

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No, the evidence does not indicate he is guilty and he will not be convicted.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Yes on evidence being against GZ, but no on verdict.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • No on evidence indicating GZ guilt, but yes he will still be convicted anyway

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Who is Zimmerman?

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cant decide

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now it looks like a conviction that will be overturned at the appellate level and sent back for retrial.

I would go with Manslaughter as well.

It sounds like a manslaughter case.

I have some concerns about how the investigators handled the body and the evidence.

I could also understand acquittal or hung jury.

How does that work exactly?

Everyone has a right to defend themselves against charges made against them, right?

And this trial was a defense of GZ against prosecution for a specific crime.

How can you add new charges after the trial is over and NOT violate GZs right to a trial vrs charges against him?

It appears that the prosecution is attempting to change the rules mid-game and the judge may allow it.

News from The Associated Press

Right now it looks like a conviction that will be overturned at the appellate level and sent back for retrial.

glad to know they can afford another trial.

From what I hear there are financial problems in FL.

tighten the belts a little tighter. I wouldn't be pleased but whatever.

HUNG JURY....there is bound to be a hold-out for either conviction or acquittal....maybe both. Will the DA refile the charges? NO WAY.....they want out of this mess and a hung jury is a perfect exit for everybody concerned.

HUNG JURY....there is bound to be a hold-out for either conviction or acquittal....maybe both. Will the DA refile the charges? NO WAY.....they want out of this mess and a hung jury is a perfect exit for everybody concerned.

I agree. If the jury comes back once with the "We cannot agree on a verdict, the judge just may take that and go with it rather than give them the Allen charge or tell them to try harder.

If there is a hung jury, the logical action would be to load up more charges including new federal charges and have the trial moved to federal court where they will pick up the costs.

Acquittal, however, this final push for third degree manslaughter and child endangerment is a frail and last ditch attempt to convict.

He'll be convicted of Manslaughter. The prosecution couldn't prove Murder, so the Judge is giving them a save with a big nudge nudge wink wink to the jury.

It's a lynching.

If there is a hung jury, the logical action would be to load up more charges including new federal charges and have the trial moved to federal court where they will pick up the costs.

maybe they should do that. My mind is gone.

So furious and stunned.

The sovereign state of FL. I would love to know what the legal community there thinks of all of this. Not much--I would have to assume. Yet that is how it is.

Murder isn't a federal crime so they'd have to charge him with "violating Martin's civil rights" or some shit like they used to do in Mississippi back in the day. I'm surprised the defense didn't move to have the case thrown out when Hussein said "if I had a son he'd look like trayvon"....Nixon almost KOed the Manson family trial by saying he was guilty before the trial started. With Holder still pretending to be AG, it's possible the DOJ could bring federal charges...hell, anything is possible with the freaks in charge of the judiciary these days.

I think they'll riot no matter what happens. Inner city minorities riot all the time when their teams succeed etc. I really want to see a riot though.

They are shinning up thier protective shields,cleaning thier guns,loading up the tear gas... yup it's Christmas Eve for riot police and Swat teams. Got any vacation time R.C.? If you do you might want to head to FL, it will suck less in a few days. Don't forget a camera and cell phone cause I want pic's.:D

I am leaning to a not guilty but selected can’t decide as I have not followed the case close enough to select that option. From what I have heard, most of the prosecution is a bag of nothing.

No way a second degree murder conviction is warranted. If the Jury has an option of manslaughter, I think Zim would be convicted

That would be the preferred outcome but this looks like another OJ debacle. The prosecution was too incompetent to convict a guilty man. They never even pointed out to the jury that GZ must have been lying on his own gun if TM was on top of him. It would have been impossible for GZ to even reach it.

Forum List

Back