Voter I.D. law supresses the vote...that is why they had record vote turnout in Wisconsin, right?

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

the whole dem/lib narrative on ID's is bullshit.
Whoa are you suggesting that many of the poor people you hate do not get welfare or food stamps?

they do, that's my point.

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

Apples and oranges fallacy.

how so? you do need an ID to get welfare and food stamps. That same ID will work at the polling place. What exactly is the issue?

Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?
I think there may be an entirely different motive for our government wanting us all to carry identity papers. It makes it easier to control a population's movements.

After all, Voter ID does not stop the most common types of voter fraud which occur. And when something does not achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then it must have a different purpose, right? If something doesn't achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then any sane person who wants as little government intervention in our lives as possible would abandon the project, wouldn't they?

QED, Voter ID has some other purpose. And since you sometimes attempt to give the impression you don't like the federal government, I find it veeeeeeery curious you are a stooge for the government movement to get us all to carry identity papers.

See: REAL ID Act of 2005.
You may be digging too deep on this one... I think it is a pretty transparent political issue. Many of the innercity poor who do not have drivers licenses would likely vote for Democrats or candidates that that support increasing welfare benefits. This is why Republicans want to tighten the regulations and Dems want to loosen. This issue is very much politicized, so common sense left the building a while ago.

The Bush regime's REAL ID Act of 2005 doesn't allow states to issue just any old identification. A lot of states had to throw out their drivers licenses and create new ones up to Homeland Security's specifications.

The 50 states have been ordered to create IDs which can be monitored and tracked by the federal government.

Example: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/DocumentCenter/View/38880

Washington is among 24 states that have been operating with a REAL ID compliance extension because our regular driver licenses and ID cards do not meet all 41 different REAL ID requirements. DHS denied our state’s request for another compliance extension.

This means the federal government can deny anyone with a Washington drivers license from getting on an airplane if they so choose to get a bug up their ass.

And you feel that the intervening 11 years has been too short a time for each state to meet the requirements of the REAL ID Act of 2005?

knock it off. they aren't any of that. stop spewing talking points and painting with that narrow brush of how Republicans are

Then, why isn't a Dem agenda to ensure that the person voting is the person they are claiming to be?
In person voter fraud is as rare as hen's teeth. The most common types of fraud are achieved through fraudulent absentee ballot voting, and by poll workers altering ballots, neither of which can be prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

The Democratic agenda is not to enable fraud. That's a completely bullshit straw man fallacy invented by, and parroted by, retards.

The Democratic agenda is to ensure no eligible voter is disenfranchised, and they have very good reasons to be on guard against such a thing as there is a long history of disenfranchisement of minorities in America that is still fresh in the memories of Americans who experienced it first-hand.

Republicans used to be the guardians of civil rights, but they have abandoned that ethic. I am one of the few old school conservative Republicans who still believes we need to be ever vigilant against insidious attempts to deny the right to vote to ANY American.

Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?
I think there may be an entirely different motive for our government wanting us all to carry identity papers. It makes it easier to control a population's movements.

After all, Voter ID does not stop the most common types of voter fraud which occur. And when something does not achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then it must have a different purpose, right? If something doesn't achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then any sane person who wants as little government intervention in our lives as possible would abandon the project, wouldn't they?

QED, Voter ID has some other purpose. And since you sometimes attempt to give the impression you don't like the federal government, I find it veeeeeeery curious you are a stooge for the government movement to get us all to carry identity papers.

You may be digging too deep on this one... I think it is a pretty transparent political issue. Many of the innercity poor who do not have drivers licenses would likely vote for Democrats or candidates that that support increasing welfare benefits. This is why Republicans want to tighten the regulations and Dems want to loosen. This issue is very much politicized, so common sense left the building a while ago.

almost right. the dems don't want IDs to vote so that they can stuff the ballot boxes with the votes of illegals and dead people. The republicans want IDs so that the dems can't cheat.

knock it off. they aren't any of that. stop spewing talking points and painting with that narrow brush of how Republicans are
Its an amusing hypocrisy that I was pointing out... Both sides are politicizing this issue for their own benefit. Lets not pretend that its anything more than wanting to gain more votes for each others side.

Then, why isn't a Dem agenda to ensure that the person voting is the person they are claiming to be?
In person voter fraud is as rare as hen's teeth. The most common types of fraud are achieved through fraudulent absentee ballot voting, and by poll workers altering ballots, neither of which can be prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

The Democratic agenda is not to enable fraud. That's a completely bullshit straw man fallacy invented by, and parroted by, retards.

The Democratic agenda is to ensure no eligible voter is disenfranchised, and they have very good reasons to be on guard against such a thing as there is a long history of disenfranchisement of minorities in America that is still fresh in the memories of Americans who experienced it first-hand.

Republicans used to be the guardians of civil rights, but they have abandoned that ethic.

Which dem voters do not have IDs? everyone on welfare has one, everyone on food stamps has one, everyone with a job has one, everyone collecting SS or SDI has one, everyone who drives has one. What class of dem voters, specifically, do not have any form of ID?

the dems don't want IDs to vote so that they can stuff the ballot boxes with the votes of illegals and dead people.

There's that bullshit straw man fallacy invented by, and parroted by, retards of which I just spoke, hunarcy!

Why does it matter how "rare" you believe it is? It is a legitimate way to ensure people who are eligible to vote are the people voting.

And, would Al Franken be a Senator today if only eligible voters had voted?

Its an amusing hypocrisy that I was pointing out... Both sides are politicizing this issue for their own benefit. Lets not pretend that its anything more than wanting to gain more votes for each others side.

you are wrong, its only the dems who are looking for ways to stuff the ballot boxes. republicans want each citizen to have one vote, and only one.

the dems don't want IDs to vote so that they can stuff the ballot boxes with the votes of illegals and dead people.

There's that bullshit straw man fallacy invented by, and parroted by, retards of which I just spoke, hunarcy!

No, its not. who does not have some form of ID? who specifically is disenfranchised by voter ID laws? WHO?

Whoa are you suggesting that many of the poor people you hate do not get welfare or food stamps?

Then why were people turned away?

What better way to get the populace to go along with a plan to make everyone carry identity papers than by masking it as a voting security issue? The rubes swallowed it right down without even noticing Voter ID doesn't achieve its goals. The most common types of voter fraud have continued absolutely unabated! My goodness, a negro voted SIX TIMES for Obama in a state with strict Voter ID! And the unbelievably clueless rubes have used this woman as an example of the need for Voter ID! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

The fact Voter ID does not achieve its stated purpose makes it very suspect and suggests an entirely different motive behind it.

What probably supressed the vote in our primary was that, due to costs, the Republicans had only one voting spot in our county. Our county is larger than Rhode Island and to get to the polling place from the northern most town in our county is over a 90 minute drive. The largest town in our county is 50 miles from where they had the polling place. I'll bet that supressed the vote big time.

What better way to get the populace to go along with a plan to make everyone carry identity papers than by masking it as a voting security issue?

The fact Voter ID does not achieve its stated purpose makes it very suspect and suggests an entirely different motive behind it.

Then let's do away with driver's licenses and state ids. After all, don't we all have a right to travel? Why limit the population?

Then why were people turned away?

Who was turned away and where? Did they show up with an ID? were they on the voter rolls? Did they fail to register?

remember, you don't get on the voter rolls without showing some form of ID. What, exactly, is wrong with showing the same one at the polling place?

Forum List

Back