Voter ID blankets the old South

A third of voters in the state without photo ID are African-American.

Since there is no way to ever get the majority of these targeted people to vote Republican...they must do what they can to deny them the right to vote at all...

Voter ID blankets the old South - CBS News

So you think blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get and ID. Racist!

What other message can you get from Democrats?

Blacks all around the world have not one issue of providing ID to vote. Only in America.

Nothing you said proves me wrong, if an ID is justified for the ability to exercise one right there is no reason not to have one for all rights, otherwise where is the equal protection under the law. You can't have it both ways.
Laws are made to protect public safety from a greater danger.

You haven't proven voter fraud is at that level.

Gun violence is.

The levels of violations are irrelevant, the fact is they exist in both cases and should be adderssed in both cases. As for anything else, see my post just before this one.

A third of voters in the state without photo ID are African-American.

Voter ID blankets the old South - CBS News

So you think blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get and ID. Racist!

What other message can you get from Democrats?

Blacks all around the world have not one issue of providing ID to vote. Only in America.

And I'm sure they have to show ID for other things, not just voting. I hardly think someone can go in and do most major transactions, even applying for subsides housing or welfare without an ID of some kind.

I am flummoxed as to why this is an issue. I have been asked for ID every time I have voted. It's not like it is something new.

And you can't prove elections haven't been lost because of this problem,
You cannot prove a negative!

you also can't prove that it is not an epidemic because there is no way to know how many people are getting away with it.
If it was more prevalent, there'd be more convictions. And since there isn't, there's no reason for you to think more people are.

If that's your opinion or what you believe, I got no problem with that. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. But don't try to push that belief off as a "fact", because then we got a problem. You have to prove a fact. And you have to explain the reasons you've drawn that conclusion. Saying we don't know "how many people are getting away with it", when there's nothing you can point to that more people are, is just thinking things for no reason to think them.

The system is purposely skewed in their favor and the left has no interest in changing that. Like I said, let's use the same honor system when it comes to gun purchases, after all, fair is fair.
If the system was skewed towards the left, you wouldn't be enjoying a majority House in Congress.

And you can't prove elections haven't been lost because of this problem,
You cannot prove a negative!

you also can't prove that it is not an epidemic because there is no way to know how many people are getting away with it.
If it was more prevalent, there'd be more convictions. And since there isn't, there's no reason for you to think more people are.

If that's your opinion or what you believe, I got no problem with that. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. But don't try to push that belief off as a "fact", because then we got a problem. You have to prove a fact. And you have to explain the reasons you've drawn that conclusion. Saying we don't know "how many people are getting away with it", when there's nothing you can point to that more people are, is just thinking things for no reason to think them.

The system is purposely skewed in their favor and the left has no interest in changing that. Like I said, let's use the same honor system when it comes to gun purchases, after all, fair is fair.
If the system was skewed towards the left, you wouldn't be enjoying a majority House in Congress.

Where have I said people who commit voter fraud vote only for the left? I just said the left has no interest in changing the system, evidently they feel the balance is in their favor. All I'm concerned with is a valid vote is never cancelled by an invalid one, I don't give a crap how the valid voter chooses to vote. That is election integrity.

Who is going to risk a $5,000. fine and prison time to cast a vote?

What risk? An illegal voter has a better chance at winning the lottery than they do getting caught for voter fraud. A few very stupid ones do get caught, but rarely go to jail, and rarely pay a severe fine.

It doesn't really matter WHY the State wants Voter ID confirmation as a voting requirement...

So long as they level the ID-Card playing field sufficiently, they should be able to do this at will...

It is an entirely reasonable and sensible requirement...

So what? There's NOTHING stopping them from obtaining some sort of photo ID. Now maybe you can educate me and point out valid reasons why the people in question can't obtain a valid photo ID and that would be great. Please don't say it's for economic reasons because most of the cost for such state issued ID's are pretty nominal.
Okay, how about my mother? She lost the use in her legs and is on her back 24/7 in a nursing home. Her drivers license expired. The nursing home will not take her to the DMV and they won't let me take her out for the day, yet she is still legally eligible to vote.

Is that a valid enough reason for you?

Thank you for pointing out an example! Can you get power of attorney from her, a signed affidavit from the hospital with a photo that states who she is and then submit it to DMV. I can't see a state not making accommodations for a handicapped person.

Thank you for pointing out an example! Can you get power of attorney from her, a signed affidavit from the hospital with a photo that states who she is and then submit it to DMV. I can't see a state not making accommodations for a handicapped person.
No. She's an ultra-conservative and I don't want her voting in the first place.

Oh the poor disenfranchised,,,,,,

With no ID, how they buying the legal guns to murder one another?

-Geaux

Where have I said people who commit voter fraud vote only for the left? I just said the left has no interest in changing the system, evidently they feel the balance is in their favor. All I'm concerned with is a valid vote is never cancelled by an invalid one, I don't give a crap how the valid voter chooses to vote. That is election integrity.
I don't have any interest in changing the system and I don't think the balance is in my favor.

thank you for pointing out an example! Can you get power of attorney from her, a signed affidavit from the hospital with a photo that states who she is and then submit it to dmv. I can't see a state not making accommodations for a handicapped person.
no. She's an ultra-conservative and i don't want her voting in the first place.

lol

No. She's an ultra-conservative and I don't want her voting in the first place.

You bitch about something you could care less about, HYPOCRITE MUCH?

Guess you didn't read the post where a councilman in TX was convicted of recruiting foreign nationals to vote in an election decided by 19 votes..

In and of itself, the problem there were the local officials not the system.

Once again "(1) Voter ID is something I approve of, as long as (2) the former attempts to make it suppressive in terms of fees and obstacles are eliminated as required by the courts."

We in the GOP have to make sure our crooks who debase the voting system are handled as harshly as the Dem crooks trying to do it.

BS, the system gave him the confidence to think he could get away with it.

Show where he said the system gave him the confidence.

Ludicrous comment by a far right reactionary: can't trust them.

Outright false.

This has been addressed and so far you have refused to acknowledge it. The FACT is that there is zero barriers in place to prevent voter fraud and prosecute it after the fact. How do you suppose that voter fraud would have a grater number of convictions when there is no ID takes, no picture taken, no questions asked, no survalance of the act, no evidence after the fact that there was an illegal vote cast and all around NOTHING to use to try and discover the identity of the fraudulent voter.

Simply put, voter fraud has an extremely low conviction rate because we do nothing to actually prosecute and stop that fraud. Those that are caught are the flukes.

Forum List

Back