Voter ID blankets the old South

The far right now is in favor of mandatory fed and state ID cards for everything?

Times have changed.

Who said anything about federal ID cards?

Oh, yeah -- nobody.

OK, daveman, so you want to be right wing statist progressives at the state level.

Got it.

Or you could just stop making up stupid shit.

State-issued ID is sufficient for voter ID. No Federal cards are necessary, although they can be accepted, like military ID.

What SA does, TD, is immaterial.

We are Americans, and we do as we want, without worrying what the world thinks. That is a good conservative position, nu?

However, I have no problems with Voter ID as long as (1) it's free and (2) no oppressive obstacles are put in the way.

One cherokee one vote

I love getting you in

Do you know this? Oh and truly I love you....

Jimmy Carter beleives in voter ID

Babies can get social security cards without a photo ID.

It saddens me that someone as stupid as you ever reproduced let alone managed to dirty the genepool with grandchildren.

If it hasn't escaped your attention retard, hospitals make certain that SS # applications are backed up with every sort of documentation available.

BTW, if it wasn't for childproof lids on household chemicals idiots like you would never have had children who survived.

Babies don't get their numbers at the hospital.

Oh, disagreeing with the likes of you doesn't make one stupid. Quite the opposite. But hey, you're doing a great job of dragging this site down. Go team you!

Whatever hag.

We didn't do the paperwork at the hospital when our daughter was born.

She didn't get her first piece of mail at 6 weeks old from the Dept of SS with her SS# thanks to the paperwork we filled out at the hospital USING OUR ID.

It's not too late for a retroactive self abortion BTW, it will help reduce global warming.

Imbecile...

Fraud "could" but you have not proved an insurmountable obstacle to voting fraud that can only be avoided by photo ID.

(1) Voter ID is something I approve of, as long as (2) the former attempts to make it suppressive in terms of fees and obstacles are eliminated as required by the courts.

Guess you didn't read the post where a councilman in TX was convicted of recruiting foreign nationals to vote in an election decided by 19 votes..

In and of itself, the problem there were the local officials not the system.

Once again "(1) Voter ID is something I approve of, as long as (2) the former attempts to make it suppressive in terms of fees and obstacles are eliminated as required by the courts."

We in the GOP have to make sure our crooks who debase the voting system are handled as harshly as the Dem crooks trying to do it.

BS, the system gave him the confidence to think he could get away with it.

A third of voters in the state without photo ID are African-American.

Since there is no way to ever get the majority of these targeted people to vote Republican...they must do what they can to deny them the right to vote at all...

Voter ID blankets the old South - CBS News
And who was it in the 'Old South' that wished to suppress the Black Vote? DEMOCRATS...that across party lines voted against Civil Rights legislation...LBJ relied on Republicans to get it done when he saw trouble brewing.

Jim Crowe? What was that? Democrats ALL. KKK? Democrats (started BY a Democrat)...But you point to something that YOU and the Media wish to foist on Republicans, Really? Stow it. :eusa_doh:

NO ONE is being denied anything but merely being asked to prove who they are regardless.

So what? There's NOTHING stopping them from obtaining some sort of photo ID. Now maybe you can educate me and point out valid reasons why the people in question can't obtain a valid photo ID and that would be great. Please don't say it's for economic reasons because most of the cost for such state issued ID's are pretty nominal.
Okay, how about my mother? She lost the use in her legs and is on her back 24/7 in a nursing home. Her drivers license expired. The nursing home will not take her to the DMV and they won't let me take her out for the day, yet she is still legally eligible to vote.

Is that a valid enough reason for you?

For all you folks that think having an ID to exercise a right is wrong, how about we eliminate the need for an ID to buy a gun, after all you have a right to own a gun. Any argument you can come up with for the need to have an ID to buy a gun can be used as an argument for voter ID. Prove me wrong.
Gun violence is a problem. It is very real and occurs far too often in this country.

Voter fraud, rarely occurs at all. Every major study on this issue has come to that conclusion.

There's no need to waste time correcting a problem that barely exists.

No the left wants to make this about voter suppression and we both provided proof that it does occur, so taking steps to eliminate it are appropriate.
You did not prove it is an epidemic problem, nor have you proven any elections have been lost because of it.

You folks want to only look at this in the light of federal level elections,
I shot you down with non-federal elections and I used your link to do it.

What does that tell you about "your" proof?

there are thousands of small towns in this country where elections are determined by a hand full of votes, fruad could have a mojor impact on those towns and often does.
I'm sorry, but innuendo's and hypothetical's are not proof.

For all you folks that think having an ID to exercise a right is wrong, how about we eliminate the need for an ID to buy a gun, after all you have a right to own a gun. Any argument you can come up with for the need to have an ID to buy a gun can be used as an argument for voter ID. Prove me wrong.
Gun violence is a problem. It is very real and occurs far too often in this country.

Voter fraud, rarely occurs at all. Every major study on this issue has come to that conclusion.

There's no need to waste time correcting a problem that barely exists.

Nothing you said proves me wrong, if an ID is justified for the ability to exercise one right there is no reason not to have one for all rights, otherwise where is the equal protection under the law. You can't have it both ways.

If a State wishes to make the possession and showing of a valid Identification Card to be one of the criteria for voting, then they should be able to do just that.

However, if the State chooses to impose such a requirement, then it is incumbent upon the State in question to make adequate good-faith provision to assist those who require it, to obtain such a Card (administrative or financial or logistical support) and who can reasonably demonstrate such a need.

Such an approach completely neutralizes Poverty and Immobility, etc., as excuses.

Nothing you said proves me wrong, if an ID is justified for the ability to exercise one right there is no reason not to have one for all rights, otherwise where is the equal protection under the law. You can't have it both ways.
Laws are made to protect public safety from a greater danger.

You haven't proven voter fraud is at that level.

Gun violence is.

No the left wants to make this about voter suppression and we both provided proof that it does occur, so taking steps to eliminate it are appropriate.
You did not prove it is an epidemic problem, nor have you proven any elections have been lost because of it.

there are thousands of small towns in this country where elections are determined by a hand full of votes, fruad could have a mojor impact on those towns and often does.

Jimmy Carter's crew demand voter ID wherever they monitor elections but only in America you can't have voter ID?

:lmao:

you are the joke of the world

And you can't prove elections haven't been lost because of this problem, you also can't prove that it is not an epidemic because there is no way to know how many people are getting away with it. The system is purposely skewed in their favor and the left has no interest in changing that. Like I said, let's use the same honor system when it comes to gun purchases, after all, fair is fair.

Laws are made to protect public safety from a greater danger.

You haven't proven voter fraud is at that level.

Gun violence is.

South Africa demands voter ID. Your blacks are too stupid to get ID? Is that what you are saying?

I'm really trying to get this. My wonderous blacks up here in Canada have no problem showing proof of citizenship.

Blacks in South Africa show proof to vote.

Are we to believe American blacks are so stupid they cannot provide proof of their citizenship?

Forum List

Back