Voter Suppression, true or false

Wow, what a rebuttal from someone who doesnt know shit

Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting - CSMonitor.com
Now, whats your new bullshit rebuttal?
Wow, really? When you have the exact same standard for everyone to meet, then everyone is equal. Why are you against equality? I'm tired of people saying they are being denied the right to vote when clearly they are not. So, you seem to be wrong.....yet again.

Notice ClosedCaption is incapable of providing the numerous examples of voter suppression is states that have photo ID voter laws. Which is less, by the way, of the instances of voter fraud.

So voter fraud out numbers the instances of voter suppression, but let's not strengthen the integrity of American elections.

The left is laughably absurd on this issue, and no rational minds are buying the idea that requiring ID, which you need to do everything else in your adult life, is racist.

There is no national standard on voting, beyond the age of 18 and to be a citizen of the United States. Thus if voting fraud is so rampant and an issue of great importance why hasn't the Congress established a national voting ID card?

I support The Congress passing a bill for the Federal Government to provide free to all citizens, once specific criteria of age and citizenship is received, such a national voting I.D. card. Furthermore, said cost to obtain such criteria should be paid for by the state of residence, for any fee associated with such a card would be a form of poll tax.

If no evidence exists to prove the applicant is over the age of 18 and/or not a citizen as defined by the 14th Amendment, then a provisional card shall be issued upon the motion of the person and their oath under penalty perjury; any vote cast by the person be provisional and not counted until a court of jurisdiction finds the person eligible to vote. Evidence can be presented from persons by direct testimony under oath to establish eligibility. If the court finds the person not eligible to vote the US Attorney has the ability to investigate the matter and bring the person into court by filing an allegation of perjury. Expensive? You bet, but greater costs have been paid by our citizens as our national cemeteries can attest.

Short of this or other act of Congress the bull shit going on is clearly an effort by the Republicans to suppress the vote. Only liars or fools state otherwise.

So a national organization that the president once worked was indicted and convicted of voter fraud in multiple states, and you simply ignore it and keep insisting that voter fraud is so insignificant we should not do anything to strengthen American elections because--and let's be clear here there are no Asian or Jewish organizations pushing for lax voter requirements just black and illegal immigration lobbying organizations--minorities won't be able to vote.

You do not have a point to make. You are and your argument is a joke.

I dont know of this org but I'll assume you're telling the truth.

Convicted of voter fraud in multiple states FACT!

Voter fraud is so insignificant we shouldnt impose laws that will hurt millions FACT!

Dont forget AARP also are pushing for no changes too. But I think I get where you're coming from. Dam those minorities huh?

Show me where voter fraud is a significant issue. You cant.

So instead you say voter fraud exists therefore we must create a whole new big govt law to stop it even tho ID wont stop ANY of it :lol:

Shocking you are uninformed about the issue that you have strong feelings about. So, the numerous states that already have this requirement have the same problems as those who don't? Once again, you don't know certain facts of this issue.

Its only shocking if you believe I know everything everywhere on this subject. That would be shocking and impossible. Which puts me in line with every other person that ever lived. I dont know everything about something. SHOCKER!

You are hopelessly uninformed and so biased about this issue that you are convinced that requiring ID is purely a satanic policy and must be stopped at any costs. That you are using the argument that it is a big brother, burdensome law--pretty sure that is the first time you've used that reasoning--is bullshit.

Not Satanic King of the Strawmen....I said it wont stop voter fraud and voter fraud is so insignificant a new massive big govt law isnt needed.

You keep changing the subject because you cant debate it.

So while you claim only minority groups are opposed to it. It seems you also dont have all the facts because AARP also opposes it.

:badgrin::badgrin: Seems like you are...uninformed :badgrin:

And your very response proves me right you provide nothing to prove voter suppression but claim it's a fact partisan horse shit at its best.

Wow I thought you saw like the 100 threads on it. No problem.

Heres one. This counts as 1 more piece of evidence provided than republicans have given.

“I am not willing to defend them anymore,” he explained when Salvia asked why Republicans sought to limit the number of voting hours a municipality could offer. “I’m just not and I’m embarrassed by this.”

Read more: Dale Schultz: 'I am not willing to defend them anymore' : Ct

Now what?

That's called opinion not proof seems to be a common mistake made on this board.

As long as you dont click the link you'd think that. If you clicked it and still thought that you cant read.

The Republican Party cannot win elections on ideas, it has none that resonates with the American Voter:

Republicans

However, The R's will likely keep control of the House, though the opinions of Congress under their leadership is horrible:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval

Boehner may lose his job, I hope he does and is replaced by a hard right conservative - maybe one of the lunatics from Texas.

The Republican Party cannot win elections on ideas, it has none that resonates with the American Voter:

Republicans

However, The R's will likely keep control of the House, though the opinions of Congress under their leadership is horrible:

Boehner may lose his job, I hope he does and is replaced by a hard right conservative - maybe one of the lunatics from Texas.
Remind me how many governorships and legislative houses the GOP holds. Remind me who controls the House. Remind me who is going to whip ass and take the Senate.
Yeah, the GOP doesn't win elections. Good one.

Republicans

Remind me how many governorships and legislative houses the GOP holds. Remind me who controls the House. Remind me who is going to whip ass and take the Senate.

Remember in 2008 how the Democrats on this board all crowed that the republican party was dead and would never rise again? How from then on the democrats would just keep increasing their control on Congress? 2 short years later after disastrous performance of the Democrats the House went Republican and the Senate democrats lost seats as well. Now in 2014 it is possible the republicans may retake the Senate as well as hold the House.

I suspect even if republicans do not take the senate it will have less democrats in it. They couldn't get anything done with 60 democrats. Lets see what they can do with a slim majority.

Republicans

Sadly for our country, you're probably correct. The reasons are clear, the plutocrats and beneficiaries of health care for over a century defended their golden goose with distortions, distractions, lies and everything they had. They created the Tea Party using all of that and hate and fear. It worked, they took the H. of Rep. and were able via Gerrymandering to create safe seats which should guarantee them another two years of distractions and attacks on the President.

Then they stumbled, they lost the Presidency in 2012 and during that process moved even further to the right. They nominated crazy people for Senate Seats they could have won, and a Standard Bearer whose healthcare in MA was a model for Obamacare -talk about stupid, but given the other candidates Romney was the only one acceptable to the general population.

This years election may be their last hurrah. They may keep the House, and may even take the Senate and if they do, and don't moderate their message, they will overreach and a sea change will occur in 2016 which may kill the Republican Party.

Demagoguery works, but not for long; and Charlatans soon burn out. I see no real leader emerging from the GOP; Jeb Bush is flawed, he signed the Statement of Principles of the PNAC along with the Neo Conservatives who brought us the invasion and occupation of Iraq at great cost. Rand Paul is making a big push for the nomination, he has already alienated many on the far right as well as those he considers RINO.

But who knows, certainly not Rabbi. We are seven months out for the midterms, and two years and seven months until the general. Anything can happen.

Forum List

Back