Voter Suppression, true or false

The answer is, you don't have any, 0, zip, nada.

But I can bet you that there were liberals from California raising hell when Florida changed it's early voting from 12 full days and 4 half days, equaling 96 hours to 8 days of up to 12 hours, equaling 96 hours.

Now why would Californian liberals attack Florida for making their early voting more flexible, depending on the county's needs instead of attacking California and a bunch of other liberal states that don't even have early voting?
You actually have to prove that anyone in California, left or right, had anything to say about Florida's early voting law in order to be offended by anyone in California saying anything about Florida's early voting law.

I'm only ignoring your post because I'm at work and I don't have time to search.

But every commission on voter suppression had someone from Stanford or UCLA on the board.

Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein may not have singled out Florida but they have made comments about Republicans suppressing the vote and including Florida in the states they mention.
If I am not mistaken Maine has had about two cases of voter fraud in the last 10 years, yet the governor is pushing for mandatory photo ID to stop voter fraud. HE IS SOLVING A PROBLEM THAT DOES NOT EXIST. The purpose of this farce is to provide hoops for the voters to jump through. THAT IS VOTER SURPRESSION.

"A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures, including Maine’s, to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.
The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000.
With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters."
https://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/12/politics/voter-fraud-nearly-non-existent-data-show/

Maybe you should educate yourself before spewing idiotic and false gop talking points.
Oh, and about that comment about Stanford and UCLA, are you really saying that if a person is on staff at either of these schools they are automatically a liar? Are you really making such an idiotic and stupid statement? For the love of God, turn off Limbaugh and fox news immediately. Your IQ will immediately increase 10% to 20% even if you chose to just sit in a dark room.

Last edited:
Liberals who oppose efforts to prevent voter fraud claim that there is no fraud — or at least not any that involves voting in person at the polls.

But New York City’s watchdog Department of Investigations has just provided the latest evidence of how easy it is to commit voter fraud that is almost undetectable. DOI undercover agents showed up at 63 polling places last fall and pretended to be voters who should have been turned away by election officials; the agents assumed the names of individuals who had died or moved out of town, or who were sitting in jail. In 61 instances, or 97 percent of the time, the testers were allowed to vote. Those who did vote cast only a write-in vote for a “John Test” so as to not affect the outcome of any contest. DOI published its findings two weeks ago in a searing 70-page report accusing the city’s Board of Elections of incompetence, waste, nepotism, and lax procedures.

The Board of Elections, which has a $750 million annual budget and a work force of 350 people, reacted in classic bureaucratic fashion, which prompted one city paper to deride it as “a 21st-century survivor of Boss Tweed–style politics.” The Board approved a resolution referring the DOI’s investigators for prosecution. It also asked the state’s attorney general to determine whether DOI had violated the civil rights of voters who had moved or are felons, and it sent a letter of complaint to Mayor Bill de Blasio. Normally, I wouldn’t think de Blasio would give the BOE the time of day, but New York’s new mayor has long been a close ally of former leaders of ACORN, the now-disgraced “community organizing” group that saw its employees convicted of voter-registration fraud all over the country during and after the 2008 election.

Voter Fraud: We?ve Got Proof It?s Easy | National Review Online

Leaving aside your rant on de Blasio and the Board of Elections you've made an important point, county clerks need to be vigilant in keeping records and in coordinating with other county and state departments.

Of course there is no evidence actual voting fraud occurred, but the important message in your post puts a flash light on how a conspiracy to commit fraud might be carried out. For that I thank you for an important post.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...fraud-occurs-texas-though-convictions-and-gu/

Voter fraud occurs in Texas, though convictions and guilty pleas are rare

False

Share this story:

Texas’ attorney general, Greg Abbott, has his facts wrong on the voting process, U.S. Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson said in an opinion column published Aug. 8, 2013, in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

For example, "Abbott advocates the use of voter ID laws, allegedly to stop voter fraud," the Dallas Democrat wrote. "Studies have shown that voter fraud is non-existent in Texas."

"Non-existent" is pretty strong; we don’t have to look any farther than our own reporting to know that statement isn’t entirely accurate. But how prevalent is voter fraud in Texas?

Johnson spokesman Cameron Trimble told us by phone and email that the column should have said "virtually" non-existent. He sent us web links to research and news stories that described nationwide voter fraud as rare. None of the materials analyzed fraud in Texas specifically, and we found only one mention of a Texas case -- the 2006 conviction of a Pecos woman who filled out and mailed absentee ballots for others.

Trimble’s sources mostly referred to voter fraud -- deception committed by individual voters, such as voting more than once, impersonating a voter or voting despite ineligibility -- rather than overall election fraud, which encompasses actions by others, such as election officials or campaign workers, who break election laws in ways that could include intimidating voters, publishing misinformation about polling places or possessing ballots not their own.

We dipped into that distinction in an April 2012 fact-check that rated as Half True a claim from Abbott that he had secured 50 convictions for election fraud. Abbott’s basis was his office’s records on 2002-12 prosecutions for alleged election code violations.

For this fact-check, we asked Abbott’s office for an updated list. County district attorneys and the Texas secretary of state’s elections division usually refer allegations of election code violations to the attorney general. We also called the secretary’s office and several district attorney offices around the state, but found no specific information about how many violations were reported or prosecuted.

Abbott spokeswoman Lauren Bean emailed us records showing that from August 2002 through September 2012, the office received 616 allegations of election-code violations and recorded 78 election-code prosecutions.

By our count, 46 of the prosecutions ended with a conviction, guilty plea, no-contest plea or guilty plea as part of deferred adjudication. Of those, 18 cases appeared to involve fraud committed by individual voters: 12 cases with ineligible voters, five cases of voter impersonation and one case of voting more than once.

So, by our reading of the attorney general’s records, 18 instances of voter fraud have been confirmed in Texas since 2002.

In 2012, the News21 investigative project headquartered at Arizona State University’s journalism school compiled a database that showed 104 Texas cases of alleged election fraud among 2,068 nationwide since 2000.

The News21 students, who published their results online Aug. 12, 2012, gathered allegations through public information requests, news accounts and court records. According to the project’s website, they included all cases "that had reached some level of official action: That is, someone was charged, an investigation was opened, a specific accusation was made against a named person."

News21 determined that 37 of the 104 Texas allegations were made against voters. Most of the cases were still pending at the time the students published their project in 2012, but 15 had resulted in a guilty plea or conviction, according to the database.

Our ruling

Johnson said, "Studies have shown that voter fraud is non-existent in Texas."

She did not provide, nor did we find, studies showing such fraud to be non-existent. To the contrary, Abbott’s records show 18 convictions, no-contest pleas or guilty pleas on voter fraud charges from 2002 through 2012. That’s not a lot of fraud, by any means, but it still evidently occurred.

Johnson might have meant to say "virtually non-existent," but the Truth-O-Meter holds individuals accountable for what they actually say. We rate this statement as False.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FALSE – The statement is not accurate.

Click here for more on the six PolitiFact ratings and how we select facts to check.

False, get back to me when new laws only apply to minorities, then you might have a case.

Yes, ignore that the new law occurs in a heavily minority district because.... :eusa_shifty:

Election laws are usually for an entire state.

Please show me one where it only applies to a heavily minority district.

Did you not see one where they were not allowing anyone to use the bathroom only in Miami Dade County or that dont count?

Yes, ignore that the new law occurs in a heavily minority district because.... :eusa_shifty:

Did you not see one where they were not allowing anyone to use the bathroom only in Miami Dade County or that dont count?

So you believe that voter fraud is a fairy tale and does not exist?

Do you know you are wrong?

So voter fraud does occur. It is proven that elections are vulnerable to abuse. And know-nothings like ClosedCaption think that doing anything about it is racist. But what's worse is we have a president exploiting race and the influence of black lobbying organizations to push the absurdity that requiring ID to vote is akin to something as vile as Jim Crow because they benefit from the corruption and obstruct laws, that are already on the books for decades in plenty of states, that strengthen the integrity of American elections.

You and your president benefit from voter fraud, that is the real reason you make silly statements.

I bet you were infuriated when Gore tried to get over ten thousand military ballots disqualified.

Gore campaign 'trying to block military votes' - Telegraph

No, only you think that because you need strawmen. I said voter fraud happens but not of a big enough scale to warrant changing the rules for millions of people

Here's the truth the left will always claim it's true the right will claim it's not both will cherry pick stuff to back up their claim and the truth be dam.

False the right hasnt provided any information that this is not happening. None. They just type "Nuuuhhh uhhhh" and then someone like you comes in saying its a draw

And your very response proves me right you provide nothing to prove voter suppression but claim it's a fact partisan horse shit at its best.

Here's the truth the left will always claim it's true the right will claim it's not both will cherry pick stuff to back up their claim and the truth be dam.

False the right hasnt provided any information that this is not happening. None. They just type "Nuuuhhh uhhhh" and then someone like you comes in saying its a draw

And your very response proves me right you provide nothing to prove voter suppression but claim it's a fact partisan horse shit at its best.

Wow I thought you saw like the 100 threads on it. No problem.

Heres one. This counts as 1 more piece of evidence provided than republicans have given.

“I am not willing to defend them anymore,” he explained when Salvia asked why Republicans sought to limit the number of voting hours a municipality could offer. “I’m just not and I’m embarrassed by this.”

Read more: Dale Schultz: 'I am not willing to defend them anymore' : Ct

Now what?

Republicans are not only requiring IDs but they are involved in:
-Making the registration process, difficult.
-Shortening Voting days and hours.
-Closing up balloting stations in Democratic areas.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube

How far the Republican Party has fallen is apparent to all honest citizens.

Everyone should be required to show a valid (state issued) picture I.D before they are allowed to vote PERIOD.

That's a no brainer--there is no need to explain why.

No, only you think that because you need strawmen. I said voter fraud happens but not of a big enough scale to warrant changing the rules for millions of people

Yes, voter fraud is proven. It is proven that there are numerous vulnerabilities and potential for election to be tampered with, but let's not change to rules to strengthen American elections because....

The people and candidates you support benefit from voter fraud, so it is not important enough to do anything about.

Republicans are not only requiring IDs but they are involved in:
-Making the registration process, difficult.
-Shortening Voting days and hours.
-Closing up balloting stations in Democratic areas.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube

How far the Republican Party has fallen is apparent to all honest citizens.

Wry, how many days and hours of Early Voting do you get in California?

I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

Yeah, I vote then go to work. I guess for those who do not work is easy to spread democracy at the restaurant.

Voting by mail should be banned. For those who miss the bus, they should wait for the next one.

Early voting is a privilege not a right. And it is not voter suppression to not even have early voting. Much less shorten its time.

The registration process is a joke as it is. One does not have to prove citizenship in most States to register at the DMV. I call THAT voter fraud.

And the idea that presenting an id to vote is suppression is nothing short of a LIE. One must have ID to for so many critical things to claim that the majority of blacks and elderly have no id is a bald faced lie.

I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

The answer is, you don't have any, 0, zip, nada.

But I can bet you that there were liberals from California raising hell when Florida changed it's early voting from 12 full days and 4 half days, equaling 96 hours to 8 days of up to 12 hours, equaling 96 hours.

Now why would Californian liberals attack Florida for making their early voting more flexible, depending on the county's needs instead of attacking California and a bunch of other liberal states that don't even have early voting?

I would guess there is no need. When we receive our ballots in the mail, we can vote that day by mail. How voting works or doesn't in other states is something I know little about. What I do know is that states with Republican Governors and Republican majorities in the state legislatures are working very hard to suppress the vote. Only a liar or a fool suggests otherwise.

I bet you vote by mail then on a election day go to vote again. It's your family democratic tradition. Sitting in the restaurant, eating breakfast and laughing your ass about how you screw the system again.

Yes, voter fraud is proven. It is proven that there are numerous vulnerabilities and potential for election to be tampered with, but let's not change to rules to strengthen American elections because....

It will affect millions or real people and your theories of "numerous vulnerabilities" havent materialized thats why.

The people and candidates you support benefit from voter fraud, so it is not important enough to do anything about.

I know, I know...they benefit you just cant seem to find the evidence thats its happening on some wide scale instead what you offer is theories because reality doesnt reflect your non sense.

Your argument makes sense only if you ignore reality

It was either Meet the Press or Face the Nation, I can't remember which, where this older, balding white Republican (aren't they all?) was saying that since the GOP's attempt to suppress the vote only energized voters into standing 8 or 10 hours in line to vote, you can't really call it "voter suppression". I let out a small gasp and gave an eye roll. Shook my head and changed the channel.

OMG. You gasped. You eye rolled. So compassionate about details. Except real one. What show, who was the balding white republican and what exactly he said. For all I care, something like that usually come from someone like Reid or Byrd.

Forum List

Back