Voter Suppression, true or false

I didn't present an argument. I simply answered your question.

Truth is, there is no proof that voter ID laws or shortening the voting hours harm just one party. Both parties play by the same rules. You said that they've closed polling places in democrat rich areas. How are you drawing that conclusion? And just where is this happening? All over the US or just one state?

Fact is you haven't provided any proof yourself.

I wasn't so explicit as to state one party was the target, though I believe it to be true by inference (others posted polling places were closed in largely Democratic areas).

The facts are efforts to end "voter fraud" are being put forth in states with Republican Governors and majorities of Republicans in their legislatures. I've read very few instances of indictments and/or convictions for fraud and the few I've heard of were unrelated to conspiracies to change an election.

Face it. The Republican Party is losing membership; the professional pols know it and that is why this entire voter fraud charade was conceived. We all saw long lines during the last election, and those lines were in largely Democratic Districts most noticeably in Ohio and Florida.

Huge turnout, long lines for early voting in Ohio | cleveland.com

Orlando Sentinel frustrated voters: Analysis: 201,000 didn't vote because of long lines - Orlando Sentinel

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfd5CcgzBdo]5 Hour Wait to Vote in Woodbridge, VA - YouTube[/ame]

I would think every one would want to end "voter fraud" and apparently only Republican Governors are willing to do so.

The long lines are a problem but whose fault is it? Most states has either early voting or absentee voting so there is no excuse. Especially in Florida and Ohio where they have both.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

How many cases of voter fraud were reported in 2012?

So because it's not reported, it doesn't happen? Really?

So say I kill you and it's not reported have you suddenly been returned to life?
In your fucked up mind, a complete lack of evidence is evidence of widespread crime.

That makes sense if you don't think about it.

You don't need to wait for the accountant to flee to South America before you condiuct an audit of the books. Knowing that there will be an audit keeps most bookkeepers honest.

It is very difficult and expensive to audit the voting process, and because of that, we have little investigation of voter fraud. North Carolinas found lots of evidence of voter fraud in a computer matching operation. Individual fraud, not organized.

However, the benefits of widespread voter fraud are great, the ease of widespread voter fraud is clear, the odds of getting caught are low, and the penalties are minor. Only a fool would assume it is not going on.

I wasn't so explicit as to state one party was the target, though I believe it to be true by inference (others posted polling places were closed in largely Democratic areas).

The facts are efforts to end "voter fraud" are being put forth in states with Republican Governors and majorities of Republicans in their legislatures. I've read very few instances of indictments and/or convictions for fraud and the few I've heard of were unrelated to conspiracies to change an election.

Face it. The Republican Party is losing membership; the professional pols know it and that is why this entire voter fraud charade was conceived. We all saw long lines during the last election, and those lines were in largely Democratic Districts most noticeably in Ohio and Florida.

Huge turnout, long lines for early voting in Ohio | cleveland.com

Orlando Sentinel frustrated voters: Analysis: 201,000 didn't vote because of long lines - Orlando Sentinel

5 Hour Wait to Vote in Woodbridge, VA - YouTube

I would think every one would want to end "voter fraud" and apparently only Republican Governors are willing to do so.

The long lines are a problem but whose fault is it? Most states has either early voting or absentee voting so there is no excuse. Especially in Florida and Ohio where they have both.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

That may be what you do but I listen to both sides of the argument and draw my own conclusions.

Fact is the states that you linked to have early voting and "no excuse" absentee voting. If these dumbass didn't vote then they have no one but themselves to blame.

It's more difficult to cash a check at the convenience store than it is to vote.

I think it's just hype that anyone wants to suppress legal voters. There is an effort, however, to stop illegal voters.

When the Dems call something as simple as voter ID suppression, it's easy to see why this myth continues to be repeated.

Registering to vote should require some proof of ID. The law is clear that only legal citizens can vote and that means there is an obligation to ensure that no one other than citizens are able to register and vote. States have made this impossible by granting driver's licenses to those here illegally. By doing that, they invited fraud and now don't want any safeguards in place to ensure that those illegal aliens don't show up at the polls. Gee, you'd think the whole problem was created just so they could make false claims about those who try to solve it and keep our voting system honest.

I am also tired of liberals claiming that minorities can't do something as simple as obtain an ID. Just how stupid do liberals think minorities are anyway? If a person has no ID, they cannot obtain housing, a job, a checking account, a loan, a credit card, a plane ticket, welfare or purchase alcohol or cigarettes. I don't believe there are a lot of legal citizens walking around with absolutely no form of ID who have no access to the welfare system or a job. Only illegal aliens would face those obstacles and perhaps the rare individual who lives completely under the radar. Usually, people who have no identity have a reason for hiding and making sure they have no paper trail.

With all due respect, you need to watch the video and listen to President Reagan's words. Then read my post and comport his words with the Republican strategy of today. Then respond honestly, or ...

this post # 40 and you're a racist and a liar.....you think blacks are too dumb to get registered or even proper I.D.

Racist......

You're a liar. I judge people by how they act, what they say and do, never by the color of their skin, their creed or ethnicity. I judge you a liar for calling me a racist and telling others what I believe, something you have no evidence to prove. Others, who have read my many posts know I've never posted racist, sexist or any form of calumny towards anyone; in your case there is sufficient evidence herein to prove you're a liar!

I do believe that there is a concerted effort by some, to play on people's fears of voter fraud. Most people pushing for "voter ID" are doing so for benevolent reasons, but there is not very much voter fraud actually.

It has not made much of a difference either way - most cases involve "voter registration fraud" which is not the same thing - that's what ACORN got busted for.

I don't have a huge problem with voter ID, but those laws don't really prevent voter fraud.

Fake ID's are a dime a dozen.

The government needs to be more intrusive than they already are?

Last edited:
Republicans are not only requiring IDs but they are involved in:
-Making the registration process, difficult.
-Shortening Voting days and hours.
-Closing up balloting stations in Democratic areas.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube

How far the Republican Party has fallen is apparent to all honest citizens.
For those low information voters who think the gop has not changed, consider this portion of the gop platform from 1956. In particular, note the sections I have highlighted and think about the gop position on those issues today.

"The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:
Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;
Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;
Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;
Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;
Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;
Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;
Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;
Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex; Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;"
Republican Party Platforms: Republican Party Platform of 1956

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

For those low information voters who think the gop has not changed, consider this portion of the gop platform from 1956. In particular, note the sections I have highlighted and think about the gop position on those issues today.

"The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:
Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;
Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;
Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;
Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;
Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;
Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;
Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex; Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;"

Thanks for a clear and concise post. The Party of Lincoln, TR and IKE exists only in name today. Any registered or elected Republican today would be called a RINO or worse for supporting the Republican Party Platform of 1956.

Republicans are suppressing the rights of the non-living, who tend to vote Democrat 99.99999999% of the time

It was either Meet the Press or Face the Nation, I can't remember which, where this older, balding white Republican (aren't they all?) was saying that since the GOP's attempt to suppress the vote only energized voters into standing 8 or 10 hours in line to vote, you can't really call it "voter suppression". I let out a small gasp and gave an eye roll. Shook my head and changed the channel.

The answer is, you don't have any, 0, zip, nada.

But I can bet you that there were liberals from California raising hell when Florida changed it's early voting from 12 full days and 4 half days, equaling 96 hours to 8 days of up to 12 hours, equaling 96 hours.

Now why would Californian liberals attack Florida for making their early voting more flexible, depending on the county's needs instead of attacking California and a bunch of other liberal states that don't even have early voting?
You actually have to prove that anyone in California, left or right, had anything to say about Florida's early voting law in order to be offended by anyone in California saying anything about Florida's early voting law.

I'm only ignoring your post because I'm at work and I don't have time to search.

But every commission on voter suppression had someone from Stanford or UCLA on the board.

Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein may not have singled out Florida but they have made comments about Republicans suppressing the vote and including Florida in the states they mention.

Posted below is another stupid comment by CrusaderFrank whose sole purpose in posting is to move an important post such as the one above down the page; it is CrusaderFrank's feeble effort to censor facts which may cause cognitive dissonance in the thoughtful.

"Republicans are suppressing the rights of the non-living, who tend to vote Democrat 99.99999999% of the time"
Idiotgram by CrusaderFrank, a stupid and wholly foolish effort to censor substantive discussions.

Republicans are suppressing the rights of the non-living, who tend to vote Democrat 99.99999999% of the time
And your link to your ignorant observation is ...........
Some people are ignorant but they are smart enough to know when to keep their mouth closed. Some people are ignorant but they want to advertise their ignorance to the world. Your post suggests that you are currently in the second group.

How many cases of voter fraud were reported in 2012?

So say I kill you and it's not reported have you suddenly been returned to life?

:lol::lol: It really does happen there just isnt any proof of it

I find it interesting that the Justice Department of the United States has been fighting efforts of voter ID, not hyped up instances of limited polling availability. They have fought legislation to require voter ID. Making silly statements, which they adamantly agree with, that such efforts are akin to Jim Crow Laws.

There are instances of voter fraud. The fact that you dismiss that outright is indicative of a closed and uninformed mind. There are states who have had voter ID laws on the books for decades. How come the NAACP is not in Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, and Wisconsin saying minorities, ie blacks, are not capable of voting?

There are so many examples of how easy voter fraud is, why would you not only fight, but demonize with vile racist comparisons efforts to strengthen the integrity of American elections. Why fight that? Oh, that's right the overwhelming majority of voter fraud, which does indeed exist despite Jon Stewart and MSNBC lying to you, is committed by individuals supporting Democrat candidates.

Liberals who oppose efforts to prevent voter fraud claim that there is no fraud — or at least not any that involves voting in person at the polls.

But New York City’s watchdog Department of Investigations has just provided the latest evidence of how easy it is to commit voter fraud that is almost undetectable. DOI undercover agents showed up at 63 polling places last fall and pretended to be voters who should have been turned away by election officials; the agents assumed the names of individuals who had died or moved out of town, or who were sitting in jail. In 61 instances, or 97 percent of the time, the testers were allowed to vote. Those who did vote cast only a write-in vote for a “John Test” so as to not affect the outcome of any contest. DOI published its findings two weeks ago in a searing 70-page report accusing the city’s Board of Elections of incompetence, waste, nepotism, and lax procedures.

The Board of Elections, which has a $750 million annual budget and a work force of 350 people, reacted in classic bureaucratic fashion, which prompted one city paper to deride it as “a 21st-century survivor of Boss Tweed–style politics.” The Board approved a resolution referring the DOI’s investigators for prosecution. It also asked the state’s attorney general to determine whether DOI had violated the civil rights of voters who had moved or are felons, and it sent a letter of complaint to Mayor Bill de Blasio. Normally, I wouldn’t think de Blasio would give the BOE the time of day, but New York’s new mayor has long been a close ally of former leaders of ACORN, the now-disgraced “community organizing” group that saw its employees convicted of voter-registration fraud all over the country during and after the 2008 election.

Voter Fraud: We?ve Got Proof It?s Easy | National Review Online

I find it interesting that the Justice Department of the United States has been fighting efforts of voter ID, not hyped up instances of limited polling availability. They have fought legislation to require voter ID. Making silly statements, which they adamantly agree with, that such efforts are akin to Jim Crow Laws.

Why is that interesting?

There are instances of voter fraud. The fact that you dismiss that outright is indicative of a closed and uninformed mind. There are states who have had voter ID laws on the books for decades. How come the NAACP is not in Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, and Wisconsin saying minorities, ie blacks, are not capable of voting?

Of course there are instances. We're talking about a widespread problem that requires new laws.

Wondering why the NAACP is not in some areas does nothing to strengthen your case of why voter ID are needed. Its a deflection. The NAACP doesnt have to do anything anywhere for this to be valid or not

There are so many examples of how easy voter fraud is, why would you not only fight, but demonize with vile racist comparisons efforts to strengthen the integrity of American elections. Why fight that? Oh, that's right the overwhelming majority of voter fraud, which does indeed exist despite Jon Stewart and MSNBC lying to you, is committed by individuals supporting Democrat candidates.

So many examples of how easy it is IN THEORY but even Republicans who studied it couldnt find any significant there there. Maybe the republicans are secretly democrats ....or something. It CANT be that theres nothing there. THERES GOTTA BE.

Except like Avatar, no one can find it. Now excuse me while I take care of my Snuffalupocous. Dont tell me I dont have one or that theres no proof of one existing. I said I have one and thats enough :badgrin:

These leftists that claim there is no evidence of voter fraud are absolutely delusional. Not only are there provable instances, there are convictions. The claim that it does not exist is laughably uniformed. Just because the Daily Show says it does not mean it is true.

More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light - WSJ.com

MSNBC must have not covered the numerous allegations and criminal convictions of ACORN. A national organization now discredited because of widespread voter fraud that our very own president once worked for.

Why is that interesting?

Of course there are instances. We're talking about a widespread problem that requires new laws.

Wondering why the NAACP is not in some areas does nothing to strengthen your case of why voter ID are needed. Its a deflection. The NAACP doesnt have to do anything anywhere for this to be valid or not

So many examples of how easy it is IN THEORY but even Republicans who studied it couldnt find any significant there there. Maybe the republicans are secretly democrats ....or something. It CANT be that theres nothing there. THERES GOTTA BE.

Except like Avatar, no one can find it. Now excuse me while I take care of my Snuffalupocous. Dont tell me I dont have one or that theres no proof of one existing. I said I have one and thats enough :badgrin:

I'll tell you what. I'll give you one example of voter fraud for every story you can come up with of provable, convicted instance of voter suppression.

Forum List

Back