Voter Suppression, true or false

Republicans are not only requiring IDs but they are involved in:
-Making the registration process, difficult.
-Shortening Voting days and hours.
-Closing up balloting stations in Democratic areas.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube

How far the Republican Party has fallen is apparent to all honest citizens.

From a shitty ninny on a message board....

Arguing with liberals is pointless.

It's like explaining why they can't order "never ending pancakes" to go.

Yes, ignore that the new law occurs in a heavily minority district because.... :eusa_shifty:

Election laws are usually for an entire state.

Please show me one where it only applies to a heavily minority district.

Did you not see one where they were not allowing anyone to use the bathroom only in Miami Dade County or that dont count?

There is no Florida law that says bathrooms must be provided for polling locations.
There is an ADA law that say PUBLIC restrooms must be handicapped accessible.
Miami-Dade uses over 500 locations for voting on Election Day. Since there aren't that many public locations they use both public and private locations. It is sometimes difficult to find polling locations. We need about 30 and it's a hassle.

The public location in Miami-Dade have restrooms available for voters. The private locations may not have them available and if they aren't handicapped accessible they can't be made available to the public.

There is no election law to suppress voters with weak bladders.

There is no truth in your OP, so that means the answer must be false.

Wow, what a rebuttal from someone who doesnt know shit

Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting - CSMonitor.com
Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting
But a three-judge panel stopped short of invalidating Florida’s early-voting law. A number of lawsuits across the US seek to block implementation of new voting procedures ahead of Nov. 6.
Now, whats your new bullshit rebuttal?
Wow, really? When you have the exact same standard for everyone to meet, then everyone is equal. Why are you against equality? I'm tired of people saying they are being denied the right to vote when clearly they are not. So, you seem to be wrong.....yet again.

Ame®icano;8933539 said:
Wry, how many days and hours of Early Voting do you get in California?

I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

Yeah, I vote then go to work. I guess for those who do not work is easy to spread democracy at the restaurant.

Voting by mail should be banned. For those who miss the bus, they should wait for the next one.

Some work, some are retired, some work nights, some are off on Tuesdays and some get time off from work to vote.

It's a world of diversity, some buses run on time, and some do not. Why wouldn't the polling place be close enough that the voter could walk? The issue of voter I.D. is a charade, it is not proven to be a great threat democracy in America. However, in the future voting will become easier, easier to vote, and easier to commit fraud.

We need to solve the problem of voter fraud without simple solutions which put citizens at risk of being turned away by a clerk, who may or may not be a partisan hack. We need to have a federal statute which defines an acceptable form of Identification and a redundancy so that fraud can be exposed and violators prosecuted.

I'd like to see us vote on-line, either from home or in a polling place. There the vote is cast and verified on line, and two copies of the vote are printed, one for the ballot box and another for the voter. Thus the final tally can be measured and should show no discrepancies. If the number don't match, and the result is to close and investigation can be had.

That the Congress has not taken up this issue suggests voter fraud is not a major concern to their membership.

No, only you think that because you need strawmen. I said voter fraud happens but not of a big enough scale to warrant changing the rules for millions of people

Yes, voter fraud is proven. It is proven that there are numerous vulnerabilities and potential for election to be tampered with, but let's not change to rules to strengthen American elections because....

It will affect millions or real people and your theories of "numerous vulnerabilities" havent materialized thats why.

The people and candidates you support benefit from voter fraud, so it is not important enough to do anything about.

I know, I know...they benefit you just cant seem to find the evidence thats its happening on some wide scale instead what you offer is theories because reality doesnt reflect your non sense.

Your argument makes sense only if you ignore reality

Having the same requirements to vote as there are to get a library card is going to cause massive disenfranchisement--not only that it is a deliberate attempt to prevent, minorities, really just black people because apparently they are incapable of attaining a photo ID.

Requiring ID to vote to you and the president is the same thing as Jim Crow Laws--who is out of touch with reality?

There is no truth in your OP, so that means the answer must be false.

Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting - CSMonitor.com
Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting
But a three-judge panel stopped short of invalidating Florida’s early-voting law. A number of lawsuits across the US seek to block implementation of new voting procedures ahead of Nov. 6.
Wow, really? When you have the exact same standard for everyone to meet, then everyone is equal. Why are you against equality? I'm tired of people saying they are being denied the right to vote when clearly they are not. So, you seem to be wrong.....yet again.

Notice ClosedCaption is incapable of providing the numerous examples of voter suppression is states that have photo ID voter laws. Which is less, by the way, of the instances of voter fraud.

So voter fraud out numbers the instances of voter suppression, but let's not strengthen the integrity of American elections.

The left is laughably absurd on this issue, and no rational minds are buying the idea that requiring ID, which you need to do everything else in your adult life, is racist.

Notice ClosedCaption is incapable of providing the numerous examples of voter suppression is states that have photo ID voter laws. Which is less, by the way, of the instances of voter fraud.

So voter fraud out numbers the instances of voter suppression, but let's not strengthen the integrity of American elections.

The left is laughably absurd on this issue, and no rational minds are buying the idea that requiring ID, which you need to do everything else in your adult life, is racist.
Oh, he'll search and search and find some cherry picked blog post that shows that there is no such thing happening in the United States, while the rest of us keep having our legitimate vote negated by illicit ones.

Funny thing is, we require the same rules for something so insignificant as driving a car, and yet, I hear no claims of driver suppression going on....

I'm about to throw in the towel and just start making money off their dumb asses.

Election laws are usually for an entire state.

Please show me one where it only applies to a heavily minority district.

Did you not see one where they were not allowing anyone to use the bathroom only in Miami Dade County or that dont count?

There is no Florida law that says bathrooms must be provided for polling locations.
There is an ADA law that say PUBLIC restrooms must be handicapped accessible.
Miami-Dade uses over 500 locations for voting on Election Day. Since there aren't that many public locations they use both public and private locations. It is sometimes difficult to find polling locations. We need about 30 and it's a hassle.

The public location in Miami-Dade have restrooms available for voters. The private locations may not have them available and if they aren't handicapped accessible they can't be made available to the public.

There is no election law to suppress voters with weak bladders.

So you ask me to show you one because you believe it didnt exist and I was lying. I show you and your next step is to argue in favor of the law you believed didnt exist until I showed you.

Of course!

Last edited:
Ame®icano;8933539 said:
I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

Yeah, I vote then go to work. I guess for those who do not work is easy to spread democracy at the restaurant.

Voting by mail should be banned. For those who miss the bus, they should wait for the next one.

Some work, some are retired, some work nights, some are off on Tuesdays and some get time off from work to vote.

It's a world of diversity, some buses run on time, and some do not. Why wouldn't the polling place be close enough that the voter could walk? The issue of voter I.D. is a charade, it is not proven to be a great threat democracy in America. However, in the future voting will become easier, easier to vote, and easier to commit fraud.

We need to solve the problem of voter fraud without simple solutions which put citizens at risk of being turned away by a clerk, who may or may not be a partisan hack. We need to have a federal statute which defines an acceptable form of Identification and a redundancy so that fraud can be exposed and violators prosecuted.

I'd like to see us vote on-line, either from home or in a polling place. There the vote is cast and verified on line, and two copies of the vote are printed, one for the ballot box and another for the voter. Thus the final tally can be measured and should show no discrepancies. If the number don't match, and the result is to close and investigation can be had.

That the Congress has not taken up this issue suggests voter fraud is not a major concern to their membership.

Riiiiight. Everything is problem, buses, employers, solar eclipse... Everyone knows, voting is on a election day, you have a whole year to arrange it, make it happen.

I would agree to mail vote if everyone put name, address and signature on the ballot, so it can be tracked down and voided if for example dead people vote, or duplicates exist.

Would left agree to that?

Ame®icano;8933539 said:

Democraps aren't concerned you mean.....

Take away their ability to cheat?

Not a chance.....that would be racist.

Defiant: Closed Caption *blank* doesnt exist you're a liar

*Shows Defiant hes an ignoramous*

Defiant: Here is why that thing totally exists Closed Caption

So a national organization that the president once worked was indicted and convicted of voter fraud in multiple states, and you simply ignore it and keep insisting that voter fraud is so insignificant we should not do anything to strengthen American elections because--and let's be clear here there are no Asian or Jewish organizations pushing for lax voter requirements just black and illegal immigration lobbying organizations--minorities won't be able to vote.

You do not have a point to make. You are and your argument is a joke.

So a national organization that the president once worked was indicted and convicted of voter fraud in multiple states, and you simply ignore it and keep insisting that voter fraud is so insignificant we should not do anything to strengthen American elections because--and let's be clear here there are no Asian or Jewish organizations pushing for lax voter requirements just black and illegal immigration lobbying organizations--minorities won't be able to vote.

I dont know of this org but I'll assume you're telling the truth.

Convicted of voter fraud in multiple states FACT!

Voter fraud is so insignificant we shouldnt impose laws that will hurt millions FACT!

Dont forget AARP also are pushing for no changes too. But I think I get where you're coming from. Dam those minorities huh?

Show me where voter fraud is a significant issue. You cant.

So instead you say voter fraud exists therefore we must create a whole new big govt law to stop it even tho ID wont stop ANY of it :lol:

Voter fraud is so insignificant we shouldnt impose laws that will hurt millions FACT!

Dont forget AARP also are pushing for no changes too. But I think I get where you're coming from. Dam those minorities huh?

So instead you say voter fraud exists therefore we must create a whole new big govt law to stop it even tho ID wont stop ANY of it :lol:

Shocking you are uninformed about the issue that you have strong feelings about. So, the numerous states that already have this requirement have the same problems as those who don't? Once again, you don't know certain facts of this issue.

You are hopelessly uninformed and so biased about this issue that you are convinced that requiring ID is purely a satanic policy and must be stopped at any costs. That you are using the argument that it is a big brother, burdensome law--pretty sure that is the first time you've used that reasoning--is bullshit.

False the right hasnt provided any information that this is not happening. None. They just type "Nuuuhhh uhhhh" and then someone like you comes in saying its a draw

And your very response proves me right you provide nothing to prove voter suppression but claim it's a fact partisan horse shit at its best.

Wow I thought you saw like the 100 threads on it. No problem.

Heres one. This counts as 1 more piece of evidence provided than republicans have given.

“I am not willing to defend them anymore,” he explained when Salvia asked why Republicans sought to limit the number of voting hours a municipality could offer. “I’m just not and I’m embarrassed by this.”

Read more: Dale Schultz: 'I am not willing to defend them anymore' : Ct

Now what?

That's called opinion not proof seems to be a common mistake made on this board.

Where's the evidence that voter ID laws will harm anyone much less millions?

As a matter of fact it helped minorities.

Voter turnout nearly doubled in Texas and Georgia after voter ID laws were instituted.

Forum List

Back