Walmart dead last in customer satisfaction

I don't understand this. You can buy electronics from Sony, Apple, Samsung etc. at Walmart. Are you thinking a Sony TV from Walmart is somehow lesser than the same model sold somewhere else?

This isn't true at all, almost anything I'd buy at Walmart there are multiple competitors nearby. Target, Kohls, Kroger, Best Buy, Frys Electronics, Albertsons, various dollar stores, Fresh & Easy, etc.

Not to mention all the online competition Amazon, Newegg, etc.

I wouldnt buy electronics or anything else of real value from wallyworld because nobody who works there knows jackshit about anything. The selection is usually pretty crappy compared to say Best Buy where you can compare many different brands. And the people who work at Best Buy usually have a pretty good understanding of what they are selling.

When in the hell did Best Buy employees get a pretty good understanding of what they sold? That group are some of the most misinformed, incompetent people I have ever dealt with. It's like going to the training ground of future used car salesmen.

I do my research at home, then I go to a local electronics store and work with them. It costs more but I get honesty and customer service. Best Buy offers neither.

Really? The ones here in Houston have pretty knowledgeable people.
Far better then wallyworld employees. Would you let wallyworld come to your house and install an elaborate home theater system?

Ahh gotcha. I usually do my own homework and know what I'm going to buy so I'm certainly not going to rely on the wisdom of someone in a blue shirt at Best Buy.

Totally agree on the research part. But I still want to see several brands in person,and if I have a question I want more then a blank stare.
Just like buying a new drill or table saw. Home Depot is going to be a better choice then Wallyworld for the same reasons I state above.

Home Depot? Another big box bunch of people. I went to buy a washer and dryer there, the price was good, but bad mistake. They messed up so bad and played games and we walked out. That was four years ago, and I never returned. We have a local hardware company that has the same items, a little more cost wise, a lot less hassle.

Big box companies suck, Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, they are all alike. Best to find and shop local.

If I need a screw or a box of nails I'll go to Ace Hardware up the street. Cost a lot more but it's convenient.
But anyone who would pay an extra thirty bucks on a two hundred dollar drill is nuts.

I wouldnt buy electronics or anything else of real value from wallyworld because nobody who works there knows jackshit about anything. The selection is usually pretty crappy compared to say Best Buy where you can compare many different brands. And the people who work at Best Buy usually have a pretty good understanding of what they are selling.

When in the hell did Best Buy employees get a pretty good understanding of what they sold? That group are some of the most misinformed, incompetent people I have ever dealt with. It's like going to the training ground of future used car salesmen.

I do my research at home, then I go to a local electronics store and work with them. It costs more but I get honesty and customer service. Best Buy offers neither.

Far better then wallyworld employees. Would you let wallyworld come to your house and install an elaborate home theater system?

You don't comprehend very well do you? I don t shop Walmart, I stay away from Best Buy. I shop local, I buy from a local electronics store.

I would not let a Walmart or a Best Buy employee into my home to install anything. Find a good local store and support them, and get the customer service you deserve.

Totally agree on the research part. But I still want to see several brands in person,and if I have a question I want more then a blank stare.
Just like buying a new drill or table saw. Home Depot is going to be a better choice then Wallyworld for the same reasons I state above.

Home Depot? Another big box bunch of people. I went to buy a washer and dryer there, the price was good, but bad mistake. They messed up so bad and played games and we walked out. That was four years ago, and I never returned. We have a local hardware company that has the same items, a little more cost wise, a lot less hassle.

Big box companies suck, Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, they are all alike. Best to find and shop local.

If I need a screw or a box of nails I'll go to Ace Hardware up the street. Cost a lot more but it's convenient.
But anyone who would pay an extra thirty bucks on a two hundred dollar drill is nuts.

And when something goes wrong with the drill, I get it replaced, no hassles. I had a saw that went bad two years after I bought it. They replaced it for me.

Anyone who'd sacrifice customer service for price, is nuts.

You don't comprehend very well do you? I don t shop Walmart, I stay away from Best Buy. I shop local, I buy from a local electronics store.

I would not let a Walmart or a Best Buy employee into my home to install anything. Find a good local store and support them, and get the customer service you deserve.

As long as the local store doesnt charge thirty percent more I dont have a problem with that.
And since this thread is about wallyworld and all......

And when something goes wrong with the drill, I get it replaced, no hassles. I had a saw that went bad two years after I bought it. They replaced it for me.

You must buy the cheapest crap on the planet. Any power tool thats worth a shit will last a good ten years. And thats using it on a regular basis.
And I've never had a problem returning anything at Home Depot. Not that I have to....because I buy top end tools not garbage.

Just another thing that goes to show you that price is the only thing that matters to the mindless American consumer. The company that has the lowest satisfaction in the country - is the nations largest employer.
What a great place we have built for ourselves and our future generations. Be proud.

You must buy the cheapest crap on the planet. Any power tool thats worth a shit will last a good ten years. And thats using it on a regular basis.
And I've never had a problem returning anything at Home Depot. Not that I have to....because I buy top end tools not garbage.

Good tools can break, top of the line will break, the point is no hassle to get a new one.
So, you have never returned an item to Home Depot, so you really have no clue how easy it is to return anything with them and how good they are in that department.

I also buy top of the line tools, so that point is mute.

Good tools can break, top of the line will break, the point is no hassle to get a new one.
So, you have never returned an item to Home Depot, so you really have no clue how easy it is to return anything with them and how good they are in that department.

I also buy top of the line tools, so that point is mute.

I've brought back extra lumber on occasion. No big deal.

"Supermarkets are up 1.3% overall to 76 despite a continued rise in food prices—now 6% higher than in 2010. Efforts to remodel stores and expand product selection seem to be paying off for this cost-sensitive industry. Publix remains the grocer to beat, continuing its customer satisfaction reign unchallenged at a stable and high score of 84. Whole Foods keeps trending upward following its first measure in 2007, although the gain for 2011 is small (+1%). The upscale grocer comes in second place at 80, showing a net gain of 10% over four years. The supermarket business of Wal-Mart does not fare well in comparison with the other chains. Dropping 3% to 69, Wal-Mart lags the supermarket field by 5 points or more and remains dead last among all measured retailers.

In the department & discount store industry, Wal-Mart treads this same ground. With a 4% satisfaction hit, the world’s largest retailer is now alone in last place at 70—6 points below the industry average and the next-lowest chain (Sears at 76)."

The customer experience at Walmart is low because Walmart employees are not happy that they are offered low pay, few benefits and treated like second class citizens by their employer and-----and their shitty customer service doesn't even translate into lower prices -- not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay.

So don't go there.

Its really that simple.

At work recently Ii had a 1/2" Northern industrial drill,, Bite on me and littery tore the gun handle clean off, lol I wish I could post a piic..

I never go to Home Depot ever since I bought a $150 Electric chain saw and fell apart in 3 minutes went back to the store same day and they wouldnt take it back. I almost ended up going to jail that day was going to punch out the manager I was so ticked off. Besides Lowes is better, Home depot is like K-mart...

Forum List

Back