Grocery Prices FELL in April - Thanks Biden!

Inflation is already down

It’s below the 50 year average

BS, consumer confidence says otherwise.

EDIT: here's a link that's not behind a pay wall.

Last edited:
Bidenomics?

Trump threw just as much money into the economy
True, and I didn’t like it then, either. Regardless, the big inflation numbers came during Biden’s term, and the voting this fall will reflect that. Watch and learn.

True, and I didn’t like it then, either. Regardless, the big inflation numbers came during Biden’s term, and the voting this fall will reflect that. Watch and learn.
They came as a result of both throwing money into the economy.

BOTH

They came as a result of both throwing money into the economy.

BOTH
Like I said, watch and learn.
Trump took a beating for a pandemic that he didn’t cause, but happened during his administration. Now it’s Biden’s turn.
Such is politics.
Enjoy!

Like I said, watch and learn.
Trump took a beating for a pandemic that he didn’t cause, but happened during his administration. Now it’s Biden’s turn.
Such is politics.
Enjoy!
So it’s just a game?

You don’t really believe what you claim

Thanks for the honesty

We are still paying more for smaller sized containers. Any reduction in prices is slight of hand.
Ahhh.... you're right of course....
The process has been going on for so long now it's easy to lose track of exactly what's happening.

Inflation is already down

It’s below the 50 year average
/----/ Inflation is up 120% since 2020. It's still going up, but not as fast. You can lie to yourself, but not to consumers.
According to the survey, 28% said they are putting off paying for necessities, such as rent or other bills, to afford groceries — while 27% say they are occasionally skipping meals. Another 18% have applied for or have considered applying for food stamps and other types of assistance, and 15% rely on or have considered visiting food banks for their groceries.
Methodology
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Qualtrics on behalf of Intuit Credit Karma on May 7 to May 13, 2024 among 2,011 adults ages 18 and above.

Not just an on-line survey...but nothing in the methodology about sampling, who answered or anything
/----/ Of course there is:
"Intuit Credit Karma, which provides information about financial products, says that more than one-quarter of the people it surveyed said they have skipped meals or sacrificed other spending due to rising costs. The survey of 2,011 adults was conducted online in the United States during the week of May 7. "

/----/ Of course there is:
"Intuit Credit Karma, which provides information about financial products, says that more than one-quarter of the people it surveyed said they have skipped meals or sacrificed other spending due to rising costs. The survey of 2,011 adults was conducted online in the United States during the week of May 7. "

Thanks for proving me correct yet again.

Who were the 2011? How were they chosen? Was there sampling involved? Were they Dems or Repubus, rich or poor?

Did they send out 10,000 links to the survey and these people choose to answer?

Who were the 2011? How were they chosen? Was there sampling involved? Were they Dems or Repubus, rich or poor?

/----/ The same way other polls of RANDOM ADULTS OVER 18 are conducted. RANDOMLY.

/----/ The same way other polls of RANDOM ADULTS OVER 18 are conducted. RANDOMLY.

And you know this how? Where does it state it was a random sample?

There are 4 basic types of random sampling, which one did this group use, if they even used one at all?

/----/ Qualtrics uses several methods, all of which have pros and cons. So are you saying they didn't specify which one, the people surveyed were lying?

/----/ Qualtrics uses several methods, all of which have pros and cons. So are you saying they didn't specify which one, the people surveyed were lying?

Which one, if any, did they use on this survey? Why do they not tell us?

No, I am not saying they lied. But the biggest weakness of on-line surveys is that normally the people that have a reason to answer do so, the rest do not. Thus if you are hurting you are more likely to respond to the link than if you are doing fine.

But again, we do not know who answered as there is no data on that. Did the people that answered make 10k a year or 200k a year?

Forum List

Back