3. Alabama - 14.20 per 100k
  4. Missouri - 14 per 100k
  5. Arkansas - 13 per 100k
  6. South Carolina - 12.70 per 100k
  7. Tennessee - 11.50 per 100k
  8. Maryland - 11.40 per 100k
  9. Illinois - 11.20 per 100k
  10. New Mexico - 10.80 per 100k

If you never leave your echo chamber, you never learn the truth.

Um Louisiana is a blue state.

What I do find interesting is that the highest per capita murder rates seem to correspond with the highest per capita population of black people. In fact, MS is the highest population of blacks in the nation.

Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of black residents:

1. Mississippi - 38.82%
  2. Louisiana - 33.33%
  3. Georgia - 32.06%
  4. Maryland - 30.96%
  5. South Carolina - 27.28%
  6. Alabama - 26.59%
  7. Delaware - 23.24%
  8. North Carolina - 22.53%
  9. Virginia - 20.56%
  10. Tennessee - 17.29%

Is it just me or do those two lists look quite similar?

Last edited:
So anyone who is deemed by police to be to crazy to have a gun should be locked up on the spot?
Red flag laws predicate on the idea that someone is a threat to himself and/or others.
If you just take away the gun, the person is still a danger to himself and/or others.
Thus, to protect the person in question and/or everyone else, the only rational thing to do is lock him up.
And let a court figure it out.

Last edited:
Red flag laws predicate on the idea that somene is a threat to himself and/or others.
If you just take away the gun the person is still a danger to himself and/or others.
Thus, to protect the person in question and/or everyone else, the only rational thing to do is lock him up.
And let a court figure it out.
So we lock people up who have yet to commit a crime?

Sorry! That's not how it works.

So we lock people up who have yet to commit a crime?
Sorry! That's not how it works.
Of course not.
But, if a person is a danger to himself and/or others, it makes more sense to lock him up than just take his guns.
Supporters of red flag laws will, almost to a man, disagree.
Speaks volumes.

Looks like a paywall.

From what I could tell, though, a lot of those shootings had little to do with Wal-Mart as an entity complicit in the shooting. One was clearly a lover's spat. Two were accidental shootings, and one was a couplpe on a shooting spree who happened to decided to make their final stand in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

I couldn't read anything past that...
I had that paywall also. I use Firefox. Somebody here tipped me a few months ago to toggle (click) the Reader view (F9). It does not get past everthing or all paywalls, in all cases but got past it to view entire article, this time. Sorry for the paywall thing. I too hate it when Posters use a paywalled link, as I have no intention of even giving my email, much less subscribing for free trials that require a credit card. :dunno:

I don’t see a realistic solution to preventing murder from the disgruntled suicidal employee who chooses to go postal.

Oh well. Ts and Ps. See you all at the next one.

I had that paywall also. I use Firefox. Somebody here tipped me a few months ago to toggle (click) the Reader view (F9). It does not get past everthing or all paywalls, in all cases but got past it to view entire article, this time. Sorry for the paywall thing. I too hate it when Posters use a paywalled link, as I have no intention of even giving my email, much less subscribing for free trials that require a credit card. :dunno:

Hey, thanks for that tip!

Worked like a charm!

Just read...no word yet on fatalities.

And as I pointed out….now that the shooter is a black male this story is over…and he didnt even have the common courtesy to use an AR-15….

The anti-gun fanatics are
sad…..their Colorado shooter is non-binary, not a republican, now this guy is a black guy

Not a good day for
gun control fanatics

Forum List

Back