Walmart to Close All Portland Stores by March

People would probably be more willing to listen to your counter points if you weren't so rude when responding. The cursing, name calling and general poor attitude doesn't do much to foster interest in what you have to say.

If you Google Portland retail theft you can see where lots of stores have closed down or moved out of Portland. Which came hot on the heels of blm and antifa having a major presence in the city and every citty they have had a major presence in has substantially turned to shit. So it is a very fair judgement to make that call.

Bull Fawking Shit. Where, just where, in the linked article does it make the claim that the closings are due to those riots? Here is what it says dumbshit,

Walmart says they are closing the stores because they were not meeting financial expectations.

You don't hit your numbers, over and over again, and Walmart will shut your doors. Were there riots in Bentonville, Arkansas? That is where Walmart is headquartered and guess damn what, they are closing the store in that town too. You got links to the riots in Alberguergue, New Mexico? Closing that store as well. Pinellas Park, Florida--you mean DeSantis can't even keep a Walmart in business?

I mean damn, I see stupid posts day and and day out but yours it just plain idiotic.
The Albuquerque store is closing due to massive theft effecting their profit margin. I know because I live in NM and the residents are not happy about the closure/State wanting to take over the location for some city project that will probably never happen.

Stupidity makes me angry. I will admit, I don't handle STUPID very well. Walmart closed those stores BECAUSE THEY AIN'T MAKING MONEY, period.
You should have somebody who has actually run a business explain to you that it is impossible to make money WHEN PEOPLE ARE STEALING TOO MUCH OF YOUR MERCHANDISE.

Hey, this all caps thing is fun.

Wow. The store is paying out that kind of money to catch the scumbags and lowlifes? And it’s not just ONE door. They have to have security all over the store to try to catch the thugs, and they probably miss most.

Good business sense to close shop in those types of areas and remain in areas where fewer people are criminals.
Hey....they get what they deserve....they elect morons who won't prosecute crimes then they can live with the results.
Travel 40 miles to go to a deparment store where it is legal to prosecute people for shoplifting.
Wait till the judges have to travel that far to go out to eat. Methinks you will see a change in the way things go down in court.

JO

Yes .... where it is still legal to arrest people for shoplifting.

JO

So far in 2022, prosecutors in Multnomah County are prosecuting 46% of theft cases involving less than $1,000 in goods. That’s compared to an 84% prosecution rate in Clackamas County, and a 93% prosecution rate in Washington County for the same crimes, according to data provided by all three offices.

Last sentence in link--suburbia is where the money is anyway:

"There will still be over a dozen Walmart stores in the metro area, outside of Portland’s city limit."
Exactly, outside the city limits, but that doesn’t help the lower income people in the city limits

The Albuquerque store is also located in what the city calls the international district. Lots of low income residents.

Walmart has a conundrum. Their demographic is the lower- and working-class in dense areas, but that’s where the thugs and shoplifters are.

If they move out to the middle-class areas, they won’t have the same draw. But of course if Biden keeps up with his inflationary policies, even the upper-middle class will be doing their shopping there.

Walmart in the city close to me has locked glass doors in front of the shelves of hair products and weaves.
The pictures of people on the boxes of the merchandise is a clue as to why the store was forced to lock these items up.
In DC, where shoplifting is rampant, store owners who installed bars in front of their windows and doors were accused of racism - that it was an insult to blacks. I kid you not.

Bull Fawking Shit. Where, just where, in the linked article does it make the claim that the closings are due to those riots? Here is what it says dumbshit,

Walmart says they are closing the stores because they were not meeting financial expectations.
Can't possibly imagine why...

Exactly, outside the city limits, but that doesn’t help the lower income people in the city limits
Some of the lowest income areas have moved east in Portland towards Gresham and are now within Gresham.

Many of the formerly rough areas in North Portland have been gentrified in the last couple of decades.

Idly wondering what the insurance rates are for Walmart in Portland, per store. Also wondering how all those riots affected business revenue, not to mention the shoplifting.

Forum List

Back