WalMart to shut 100s of stores

So remember folks, if you own a business, and you're having trouble staying afloat, just double all your employees wages, and voila ! You'll instantly be running a surplus !

Didn't read the OP did you?

Facts don't matter to stupid conservatives.

Or to liberal retards.

If you had researched......Walmart is opening as many...or more...stores as it is closing.

Speaking of Seattle...I was there in November. Heard a lot of restaurants are leaving due to the wage hike. And what's with all the mass numbers of homeless bums there and in Portland? Seems they should be able to find good high wage jobs?

Oh....nevermind....employers will keep smaller staffs with higher wages. Meaning more jobless humans.

Funny that a conservative recently created a thread blaming liberals for Walmarts closing, and various liberals explained that the only stores closing were Walmart Expresses, and no conservatives came to their defense. Now a liberal creates a thread about Walmarts closing and conservatives are quick to blame Walmart Expresses. Someone is full of shit.

Exactly.

I saw that thread. It's why I posted this one.

When I point out that most of the stores are in red conservative states with low wages and blue liberal states like mine with higher wages aren't closing stores, the conservative defend walmart and start talking about the real reason why the stores are closed.

Why did they start the thread about high wages closing stores?

They're nothing but liars.

LAIRS!!!

Your entire post is a pathetic attempt at a "gotcha", which is typical for the low IQ set you run with and belong to.

It's pretty clear Walmart is maxed-out on revenue sources. There's nowhere to go but down. It'll be a slow miserable decline. And for some, that sounds pretty good. Couldn't happen to a nicer buncha bastids. ;)
Will Walmart disappear before Rush?

The only direction for Walmart now, is down. It has maxed-out its revenue potential. Mass store closings will happen at some point. In fact, the greedy scum will likely even beg for a Government Bailout at some point. I wouldn't put it past em. But will all you Walmart-Worshippers support it? I guess we'll see.

Walmart is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' I don't shop there. And those who do, are supporting ugly greed. Stop supporting such ugliness, shop elsewhere.

Piss up a rope, I love Walmart.

I wouldn't be boasting about that. Everytime you shop there you make Alice Walton a little bit richer. And she's a stone cold killer. You're supporting pure evil. Everyone who shops at Walmart should learn about Alice Walton's bloody sordid history. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. To hell with her and Walmart.

Can you back that with any sort of link? Thanks.

The info on Alice Walton's bloody past is easily accessible on the Web. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. I won't shop at Walmart and make her even richer. Walmart was spawned from pure evil. Its demise will ultimately be a good thing for the country.

Do us a favor and hold your breath until their demise is complete.

Its demise is gonna happen sooner than you think. You better stock up on that cheap shitty Chinese-made Walmart stuff. Times are a changin.

I doubt any of the stores here will close. They are always busy.

Except maybe a few of the grocery stores with self serve registers.

I wouldn't be boasting about that. Everytime you shop there you make Alice Walton a little bit richer. And she's a stone cold killer. You're supporting pure evil. Everyone who shops at Walmart should learn about Alice Walton's bloody sordid history. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. To hell with her and Walmart.

The info on Alice Walton's bloody past is easily accessible on the Web. She killed a good man and cost another one his job. I won't shop at Walmart and make her even richer. Walmart was spawned from pure evil. Its demise will ultimately be a good thing for the country.

Its demise is gonna happen sooner than you think. You better stock up on that cheap shitty Chinese-made Walmart stuff. Times are a changin.
Your silly opinion duly noted, but I'm waitin' on the official word from JoeyB Dolezal re WMs impending collapse.

Your silly opinion duly noted, but I'm waitin' on the official word from JoeyB Dolezal re WMs impending collapse.

Nowhere to go but down. It's exhausted all revenue potential. It's maxed-out. A dramatic decline is coming. Here's a pretty interesting take on the coming decline...

The Age Of Walmart Is Over

The OP has not shown why he thinks a state being "red" or "blue" has anything to do with the closing off WalMarts. He is in engaged in magical thinking, believes that the Flying Spaghetti Monster he worships has punished states that vote Republican.

Walmart is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' I don't shop there. And those who do, are supporting ugly greed. Stop supporting such ugliness, shop elsewhere.

Sorry, but I don't see murder mentionend

Automobile incidents[edit] Alice Walton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Walton has been involved in at least four automobile incidents, one fatal. During a 1983 Thanksgiving family reunion nearAcapulco, Mexico, Walton lost control of a rented Jeep and plunged into a ravine, shattering her leg. She was airlifted out of Mexico and underwent more than two dozen surgeries; she is said to suffer lingering pain from her injuries. In an April 1989 incident, she struck and killed 50-year-old Oleta Hardin, who had stepped onto a road. Witnesses stated that Walton was speeding at the time of the accident, but no charges were filed.[18] In a 1998 incident, she was reported to have hit a gas meter while driving under the influence. She paid a $925 fine and served no jail time.[17][19]
On October 7, 2011, her 62nd birthday, she was again arrested for driving while intoxicated in Weatherford, Texas, after a dinner with friends in Fort Worth. Walton's attorney released a statement acknowledging the incident and expressing regret.[20][21] The charges were dropped by Texas prosecutors in September 2013 without formal charges being filed.[22][23]

Not only that, but Alice has always been the 'black sheep' or misfit of the four Walton heirs, she doesn't run the company, and she obviously does have an alcohol addiction problem. The only one of the Walton's listed among Forbes' top 10 richest Americans in the last several years is Jim Walton, the youngest of the four, who serves as CEO of the company. The others serve on the board but I believe, the last I read, they are not otherwise active in the operations of the corporation in any significant way.

Walton has been involved in at least four automobile incidents, one fatal. During a 1983 Thanksgiving family reunion nearAcapulco, Mexico, Walton lost control of a rented Jeep and plunged into a ravine, shattering her leg. She was airlifted out of Mexico and underwent more than two dozen surgeries; she is said to suffer lingering pain from her injuries. In an April 1989 incident, she struck and killed 50-year-old Oleta Hardin, who had stepped onto a road. Witnesses stated that Walton was speeding at the time of the accident, but no charges were filed.[18] In a 1998 incident, she was reported to have hit a gas meter while driving under the influence. She paid a $925 fine and served no jail time.[17][19]
On October 7, 2011, her 62nd birthday, she was again arrested for driving while intoxicated in Weatherford, Texas, after a dinner with friends in Fort Worth. Walton's attorney released a statement acknowledging the incident and expressing regret.[20][21] The charges were dropped by Texas prosecutors in September 2013 without formal charges being filed.[22][23]

Not only that, but Alice has always been the 'black sheep' or misfit of the four Walton heirs, she doesn't run the company, and she obviously does have an alcohol addiction problem. The only one of the Walton's listed among Forbes' top 10 richest Americans in the last several years is Jim Walton, the youngest of the four, who serves as CEO of the company. The others serve on the board but I believe, the last I read, they are not otherwise active in the operations of the corporation in any significant way.

A Walton is not ceo. I don't believe any are active in the company.

Funny that a conservative recently created a thread blaming liberals for Walmarts closing, and various liberals explained that the only stores closing were Walmart Expresses, and no conservatives came to their defense. Now a liberal creates a thread about Walmarts closing and conservatives are quick to blame Walmart Expresses. Someone is full of shit.

Exactly.

When I point out that most of the stores are in red conservative states with low wages and blue liberal states like mine with higher wages aren't closing stores, the conservative defend walmart and start talking about the real reason why the stores are closed.

Low wages benefits Walmart because they are usually the cheapest. You need to go back to the drawing board.

You're right. I had forgotten. I think it was Doug McMillan who took over in 2009 and Jim Walton focused his attentions as CEO of Arvast Bank that at least some of the Waltons also own.

Exactly.

Low wages benefits Walmart because they are usually the cheapest. You need to go back to the drawing board.

They can't have low wages here or in NY yet they aren't closing any stores there.

They do have the lowest wages possible in Texas and they're closing 29 stores.

They do have the lowest wages possible in most red conservative states and most of those stores on that list are in those red states.

So if low wages are good for business, why are so many closing in low wages states and NONE are closing in high wage states?

Could it be that the high wage states actually have people who have money to spend in those stores and the low wage states don't?

No it can't be that can it?

Exactly.

They can't have low wages here or in NY yet they aren't closing any stores there.

They do have the lowest wages possible in Texas and they're closing 29 stores.

They do have the lowest wages possible in most red conservative states and most of those stores on that list are in those red states.

So if low wages are good for business, why are so many closing in low wages states and NONE are closing in high wage states?

Could it be that the high wage states actually have people who have money to spend in those stores and the low wage states don't?

No it can't be that can it?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Did they open up any express stores in NY?

The OP has not shown why he thinks a state being "red" or "blue" has anything to do with the closing off WalMarts. He is in engaged in magical thinking, believes that the Flying Spaghetti Monster he worships has punished states that vote Republican.

I believe that the reason so many are failing and closing in red conservative states is because wages are so low.

People don't have the money to spend in stores in red states. So they can't sustain a business like those walmart stores.

While here in blue states people have money. We spend it too. Which is why we have low unemployment and no walmarts are being closed.

I believe that the reason so many are failing and closing in red conservative states is because wages are so low.

People don't have the money to spend in stores in red states. So they can't sustain a business like those walmart stores.

While here in blue states people have money. We spend it too. Which is why we have low unemployment and no walmarts are being closed.
Yeah right. We are so loaded we are keeping Walmarts cooking.

LOL

I see no evidence that blue states on average have lower unemployment rates than red states on average:
State Unemployment Rates | November 2015

Nor does red and blue seem to have any specific pattern on highest and lowest per capita earnings
Per Capita Personal Income by State

Per capita earnings translated into voluntary spending largely depends on the cost of living from state to state. I didn't do an in depth analysis but it looks to me like most of the highest cost of living states are blue states:
Cost of Living by State

At any rate I don't think the statistics back up your stated perceptions.

Gee, that's a pretty nice whitewash. She actually killed a good man and got another one fired. She's a piece of shite. She represents Walmart perfectly. Don't give her anymore of your hard-earned money. Shop elsewhere.

Alice Walton is Walmart. People need to stop supporting evil. They need to stop making her richer.

Gee, that's a pretty nice whitewash. She actually killed a good man and got another one fired. She's a piece of shite. She represents Walmart perfectly. Don't give her anymore of your hard-earned money. Shop elsewhere.
I don't feel sorry for people that walk out in front of moving vehicles so I wouldn't hold that one against her. But probably every large corporation is going to have stories like hers.

Forum List

Back