Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater

I thought he had gotten out of the Hospital. I didn't know it was just a joy ride, to wave at people and expose perfectly health secret service protective detail personnel to Covid-19 in closed bullet proof SUV with all the windows closed. He is back in the hospital now. Good grief! What a uncaring Jerk!
'This is insanity': Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater' after the president greets fans in a drive-by staffed by Secret Service agents outside hospital

• One Walter Reed doctor voiced the anger many felt, calling it 'unnecessary' and 'insanity'
  • Dr James Phillips said: 'They might get sick. They may die. For political theater'

Dr. Phillips, a Democrat, is unhappy clearly.

Doctors are working on patients all day who have the virus. What does he want people to do? it's a virus, it's not an automatic death sentence. As long as people take the necessary steps to protect themselves, aren't they safe? That's according to CNN and others.
He should want them to stay in quarantine, not needlessly taking chances with people on orders under him. That would be a responsible attitude.

I appreciate your perspective. I'm just suggesting that this is part of what is happening all day long, with many people, in and out. By the way, there is danger for him as a patient too, for what's it's worth.

In the end, he took a chopper there, multiple vehicle rides, he's surrounded by a team of doctors. They aren't concerned with instant death from this. Nor are the secret service who have ridden with him and been by his side the entire time. They take necessary precautions, it's not infaillable.

Also of note, did the protesters/rioters or CNN care about the health of police who put themselves at risk when they took to the streets!??!
You do not know what the secret service think of having to go for a joy ride with an infectious Commander and Chief. Getting him to the hospital is a given. When release, after these experimental treatments, another given. Riding him around to breath in a closed in bullet proof care with the windows closed with trump knowingly infectious, ain't in the job description. Remember him saying all you have to do is breath the air?

He was simply showing the citizens that he is strong and appreciates their well wishes and love for America. If he walked out to say hello to them all that is one thing, but, he was in his vehicle.

I recall Chris Cuomo apparently stepping outside and apparently a jogger asked him why he was outside if he had this virus, the jogger said he was talk with someone as well, this was early in the life of this also, so we didn't know how dangerous it was. He apparently asked the guy angrily "what do you know about this virus? Are you a doctor?" etc.

It was an interesting segment on Tucker Carlson. We all know it can be dangerous, we also know the risk factors that lead to possible death. We do what we can, but we are free citizens.
Did you admire Cuomo for this? Do you admire donnie for not giving a damn about his protective detail or following medical advice. Typical of our this POTUS, and a sad reflection on his judgement.

If Cuomo went outside his house to wave and thank a few hundred supporters, I wouldn't care.

People know what risks exist. They are all out there in a crowd, they are clearly not concerned about it if someone else has it.

That's how freedom works. It's why the Germans had 11,000 outside protesting any further crackdowns. People have to be free, we know the risks. This is how fascism is pushed forward, every couple of years a new one could simply be released to destroy more of citizens liberty.

Trump has such energy and vigor, despite having covid

he's too strong! HE'S TOO STRONG!
Screenshot_2020-10-04-13-57-12(1).png

I wonder what Dr. Phillips thought of Gov. Cuomo's executive order that forced NY nursing homes to accept infected patients. Maybe he reserves his outrage only for republicans. Dr. Phillips needs to tone it down a bit, his political bias is showing.

Last edited:
I thought he had gotten out of the Hospital. I didn't know it was just a joy ride, to wave at people and expose perfectly health secret service protective detail personnel to Covid-19 in closed bullet proof SUV with all the windows closed. He is back in the hospital now. Good grief! What a uncaring Jerk!
'This is insanity': Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater' after the president greets fans in a drive-by staffed by Secret Service agents outside hospital

• One Walter Reed doctor voiced the anger many felt, calling it 'unnecessary' and 'insanity'
  • Dr James Phillips said: 'They might get sick. They may die. For political theater'
OMG. Some doctor said something whatever shall I do?

Going for a 10 minute drive is "insanity"? :dunno:

Lighten up doc.
Makes me angry, he would have such wanton disregard for other people's health and that of their families.
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”
“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.
Trump told Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said.

Kind of like a giant funeral for someone during a pandemic when everyone else wanting hold one is limited?

/thread.

Contagious Impeached Trump could spit on his supporters on 5th Avenue and he still won't lose any votes.

#itsacult

4256bi.jpg

So is this doc claiming it can spread through closed quarters to outsiders? Or he failed to realize these are the same secret service already quarantined with him? Lol
If they get sick, joy riding with the pres, he will just say, send me some more healthy lackeys. They get paid to take a bullet so they shouldn't mind sharing my sometimes deadly disease. If they have family, tough for them.
No, honey. It is faux outrage once again. But what’s new? Nothing.

If he is your doctor you should listen, unlike your dumb assed leader.

He’s not even Trumps doctor you fucking moron.

His doctor’s approved it. See post 51 above. Quit your faux outrage. Sorry to burst your bubble.

If the doctor is a military man court martial him. As for his secret service detail, HEY MORONS, they are with him sick or not. You think while he is in the Hospital he does not have a detail? You people whine about the STUPIDEST SHIT.
What gives, you think they are sitting on his lap?

Dr. Phillips, a Democrat, is unhappy clearly.

Doctors are working on patients all day who have the virus. What does he want people to do? it's a virus, it's not an automatic death sentence. As long as people take the necessary steps to protect themselves, aren't they safe? That's according to CNN and others.
He should want them to stay in quarantine, not needlessly taking chances with people on orders under him. That would be a responsible attitude.

I appreciate your perspective. I'm just suggesting that this is part of what is happening all day long, with many people, in and out. By the way, there is danger for him as a patient too, for what's it's worth.

In the end, he took a chopper there, multiple vehicle rides, he's surrounded by a team of doctors. They aren't concerned with instant death from this. Nor are the secret service who have ridden with him and been by his side the entire time. They take necessary precautions, it's not infaillable.

Also of note, did the protesters/rioters or CNN care about the health of police who put themselves at risk when they took to the streets!??!
You do not know what the secret service think of having to go for a joy ride with an infectious Commander and Chief. Getting him to the hospital is a given. When release, after these experimental treatments, another given. Riding him around to breath in a closed in bullet proof care with the windows closed with trump knowingly infectious, ain't in the job description. Remember him saying all you have to do is breath the air?

He was simply showing the citizens that he is strong and appreciates their well wishes and love for America. If he walked out to say hello to them all that is one thing, but, he was in his vehicle.

I recall Chris Cuomo apparently stepping outside and apparently a jogger asked him why he was outside if he had this virus, the jogger said he was talk with someone as well, this was early in the life of this also, so we didn't know how dangerous it was. He apparently asked the guy angrily "what do you know about this virus? Are you a doctor?" etc.

It was an interesting segment on Tucker Carlson. We all know it can be dangerous, we also know the risk factors that lead to possible death. We do what we can, but we are free citizens.
Did you admire Cuomo for this? Do you admire donnie for not giving a damn about his protective detail or following medical advice. Typical of our this POTUS, and a sad reflection on his judgement.

If Cuomo went outside his house to wave and thank a few hundred supporters, I wouldn't care.

People know what risks exist. They are all out there in a crowd, they are clearly not concerned about it if someone else has it.

That's how freedom works. It's why the Germans had 11,000 outside protesting any further crackdowns. People have to be free, we know the risks. This is how fascism is pushed forward, every couple of years a new one could simply be released to destroy more of citizens liberty.
Trump humping Canadians should take advice not to talk shit to US Americans.

Forum List

Back