Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater

I thought he had gotten out of the Hospital. I didn't know it was just a joy ride, to wave at people and expose perfectly health secret service protective detail personnel to Covid-19 in closed bullet proof SUV with all the windows closed. He is back in the hospital now. Good grief! What a uncaring Jerk!
'This is insanity': Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater' after the president greets fans in a drive-by staffed by Secret Service agents outside hospital

• One Walter Reed doctor voiced the anger many felt, calling it 'unnecessary' and 'insanity'
  • Dr James Phillips said: 'They might get sick. They may die. For political theater'

Dr. Phillips, a Democrat, is unhappy clearly.

Doctors are working on patients all day who have the virus. What does he want people to do? it's a virus, it's not an automatic death sentence. As long as people take the necessary steps to protect themselves, aren't they safe? That's according to CNN and others.

Are people under the impression that ANY patient with Covid, especially the President of the U.S; is just isolated in some bubble tent somewhere and they are sending in robots to deliver medication?

He rode in a chopper, he rode in a vehicle with the same people, in the same manner. He has a football team of doctors coming in and out of his room. It's a virus, let's please stop pretending it's a death sentence. No underlying conditions and under age 80, you have a very good chance of survival.

Last edited:
Going for a 10 minute drive is "insanity"? :dunno:

Lighten up doc.
Makes me angry, he would have such wanton disregard for other people's health and that of their families.
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”
“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.
Trump told Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said.
You think the secret service go by the wayside because he has covid? Really? You think he is unprotected?
I know he is protected, but he has no business needlessly putting them in danger from him for his amusement or personal gain. Like Daryl said, same as intentionally an aids patient intentionally having unprotected sex, just to get his jollies.
You are missing the point, I imagine purposely. He has secret service with him in the hospital as he moves around. The same ones. The same ones that went in the cramped helicopter with him. They don’t give up their duties because he has the virus. Period.

I thought he had gotten out of the Hospital. I didn't know it was just a joy ride, to wave at people and expose perfectly health secret service protective detail personnel to Covid-19 in closed bullet proof SUV with all the windows closed. He is back in the hospital now. Good grief! What a uncaring Jerk!
'This is insanity': Walter Reed doctor slams Trump for putting 'lives at risk' for 'political theater' after the president greets fans in a drive-by staffed by Secret Service agents outside hospital

• One Walter Reed doctor voiced the anger many felt, calling it 'unnecessary' and 'insanity'
  • Dr James Phillips said: 'They might get sick. They may die. For political theater'

Doctors are working on patients all day who have the virus. What does he want people to do? it's a virus, it's not an automatic death sentence. As long as people take the necessary steps to protect themselves, aren't they safe? That's according to CNN and others.
He should want them to stay in quarantine, not needlessly taking chances with people on orders under him. That would be a responsible attitude.

Are people under the impression that ANY patient with Covid, especially the President of the U.S; is just isolated in some bubble tent somewhere and they are sending in robots to deliver medication?

He rode in a chopper, he rode in a vehicle with the same people, in the same manner. He has a football team of doctors coming in and out of his room. It's a virus, let's please stop pretending it's a death sentence. No underlying conditions and under age 80, you have a very good chance of survival.
Logic supercedes you.

Does everyone in this fucked up world have to both have an opinion AND share it to the world???

Shut the fuck up, Doctor.
I think it is called freedom of speech.

Not enough panties in a bunch snowflakes in a melting stage.

Trump had to turn up the heat.

Judging by the reactions so far?

Mission accomplished.
They get their panties in a wad for everything he does. Always have, always will. I’m surprised they didn’t egt on him for waving out the window of the hospital!

Trump insists those around him agree to risk infection

He berated them for wearing masks and now insists they share a car with him while he is infected

He should want them to stay in quarantine, not needlessly taking chances with people on orders under him. That would be a responsible attitude.

I appreciate your perspective. I'm just suggesting that this is part of what is happening all day long, with many people, in and out. By the way, there is danger for him as a patient too, for what's it's worth.

In the end, he took a chopper there, multiple vehicle rides, he's surrounded by a team of doctors. They aren't concerned with instant death from this. Nor are the secret service who have ridden with him and been by his side the entire time. They take necessary precautions, it's not infaillable.

Also of note, did the protesters/rioters or CNN care about the health of police who put themselves at risk when they took to the streets!??!

/—-/ But they are all wearing a mask. No problem according to libtards.

I appreciate your perspective. I'm just suggesting that this is part of what is happening all day long, with many people, in and out. By the way, there is danger for him as a patient too, for what's it's worth.

In the end, he took a chopper there, multiple vehicle rides, he's surrounded by a team of doctors. They aren't concerned with instant death from this. Nor are the secret service who have ridden with him and been by his side the entire time. They take necessary precautions, it's not infaillable.

Also of note, did the protesters/rioters or CNN care about the health of police who put themselves at risk when they took to the streets!??!
You do not know what the secret service think of having to go for a joy ride with an infectious Commander and Chief. Getting him to the hospital is a given. When release, after these experimental treatments, another given. Riding him around to breath in a closed in bullet proof care with the windows closed with trump knowingly infectious, ain't in the job description. Remember him saying all you have to do is breath the air?

You do not know what the secret service think of having to go for a joy ride with an infectious Commander and Chief. Getting him to the hospital is a given. When release, after these experimental treatments, another given. Riding him around to breath in a closed in bullet proof care with the windows closed with trump knowingly infectious, ain't in the job description. Remember him saying all you have to do is breath the air?

He was simply showing the citizens that he is strong and appreciates their well wishes and love for America. If he walked out to say hello to them all that is one thing, but, he was in his vehicle.

I recall Chris Cuomo apparently stepping outside and apparently a jogger asked him why he was outside if he had this virus, the jogger said he was talk with someone as well, this was early in the life of this also, so we didn't know how dangerous it was. He apparently asked the guy angrily "what do you know about this virus? Are you a doctor?" etc.

It was an interesting segment on Tucker Carlson. We all know it can be dangerous, we also know the risk factors that lead to possible death. We do what we can, but we are free citizens.

He was simply showing the citizens that he is strong and appreciates their well wishes and love for America. If he walked out to say hello to them all that is one thing, but, he was in his vehicle.

I recall Chris Cuomo apparently stepping outside and apparently a jogger asked him why he was outside if he had this virus, the jogger said he was talk with someone as well, this was early in the life of this also, so we didn't know how dangerous it was. He apparently asked the guy angrily "what do you know about this virus? Are you a doctor?" etc.

It was an interesting segment on Tucker Carlson. We all know it can be dangerous, we also know the risk factors that lead to possible death. We do what we can, but we are free citizens.
Did you admire Cuomo for this? Do you admire donnie for not giving a damn about his protective detail or following medical advice. Typical of our this POTUS, and a sad reflection on his judgement.

I agree; Trump should not be prancing around without a mask, in crowds, during a pandemic.

Forum List

Back