want 20 billion a year ?

your lies dont help in the discussion.

Pot has been used by humans for 100s of years

Business might as well throw away all time clocks as employees would be late for work if they get there at all. Society would become much more stupid. The average IQ would drop from 100 to 85.

I take it you think ambition for money is mans highest calling?

excuse the pun

Last night we drove home (from SF to Oakland) after a dinner party near Golden Gate Park. The morons from the 4/20 Festival had Oak Street tied up in an enormous traffic jam due to the fact that they couldn't react to the green and red lights in a coherent fashion.

It wasn't any worse than usual.

We took a different route to get out of the mess. I do support legalizing pot so that dosages are standardized and the criminal gang aspect is minimized...and prisons are cleared of people being held for having minor amounts of pot. Driving while stoned should be a DUI.

Pretty sure it already is.

Unlike the moron in the OP, there are costs to legalizing pot which need to be recognized. It's not just free money.

Nothing is free but the revenue will far outweigh the costs.

And I don't see a bunch of news articles about stoned drivers killing a family of four. Happens with booze though.
There is much evidence that people are more attentive while high. I have seen no evidence that alcohol does anything but numb the senses.

Alcohol is the worst drug problem this nation has...and it is legal.

Then we should have a law saying that people must be high in order to drive.

Imagine this on a street, not on a closed course.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E]Drivers stoned on marijuana test their driving skills - YouTube[/ame]
Okay...I watched it.

Documentation of three people's responses to test drugs in a controlled (test course) demonstration with camera's rolling and law officers observing is hardly indicative of what happens in the daily lives of drivers that smoke. Given enough of that medicinal grade pot, I suspect there would be a good number of drivers that would be too paranoid to go outside and get in their car!

At a time in history when the government supplies health care and dictates a healthy lifestyle the pot heads think they are going to legalize marijuana use? You can't even smoke a cigarette or drink a big gulp in the Big Apple. Do you think you would actually get money by legalizing marijuana use? That 20 mil would be eaten up by a thousand other government commissions. If it costs 20 million to prevent marijuana use it would probably cost 40 million to regulate it. I said it before, marijuana is a freaking weed. A pot head could get a couple of seeds, grow a couple of trees and smoke the stuff until his brain leaked out of his ears but that ain't what they want. They want to make a buck by turning or kids into pot head zombies.

and stoned drivers will cost how much ????

The costs of the youth losing their ambition and the increase of future welfare for those that are stoned all the time.

You seem to think legalizing pot will increase the number of pot smokers.

If people want to smoke pot, they already are.

Pull your head out of the sand and understand: the "war" on pot was an unmitigated failure. Time for a new approach.

Think about how easily led they'd be. They would believe anything the government told them, and do anything the government told them to do.

Most high drivers can hardly go over 25-30 mph.....
Most drunk drivers think they can drive 80 mph.....
Which one is going to kill more people in an accident?

and stoned drivers will cost how much ????

The costs of the youth losing their ambition and the increase of future welfare for those that are stoned all the time.

Pull your head out of the sand and understand: the "war" on pot was an unmitigated failure. Time for a new approach.

Of course it will, it will be legal. The same way the end of prohibition increased the number of people who drank alcohol. If it's legal, it's safe.

Of course it will, it will be legal. The same way the end of prohibition increased the number of people who drank alcohol. If it's legal, it's safe.

Prohibition worked so well, didn't it?

If pot is legalized, does that mean you are going to become a pot head?

Forum List

Back