want 20 billion a year ?

Can you imagine the amount of tax revenue we'd bring in from legalizing it? Conservative *cough* "deficit hawks" :eusa_liar: wouldn't stand for it though :lol:

You seem to think legalizing pot will increase the number of pot smokers.

If people want to smoke pot, they already are.

Pull your head out of the sand and understand: the "war" on pot was an unmitigated failure. Time for a new approach.

Of course it will, it will be legal. The same way the end of prohibition increased the number of people who drank alcohol. If it's legal, it's safe.

Prohibition worked so well, didn't it?

If pot is legalized, does that mean you are going to become a pot head?

It would definitely raise the odds

At a time in history when the government supplies health care and dictates a healthy lifestyle the pot heads think they are going to legalize marijuana use? You can't even smoke a cigarette or drink a big gulp in the Big Apple. Do you think you would actually get money by legalizing marijuana use? That 20 mil would be eaten up by a thousand other government commissions. If it costs 20 million to prevent marijuana use it would probably cost 40 million to regulate it. I said it before, marijuana is a freaking weed. A pot head could get a couple of seeds, grow a couple of trees and smoke the stuff until his brain leaked out of his ears but that ain't what they want. They want to make a buck by turning or kids into pot head zombies.

That's 20 billion, not 20 million. And you're probably sober right now :lol:

It might cost 40 million to regulate but the revenues taken in would far exceed the costs.

Washington and Colorado, both states that have legalized the use of marijuana recreationally, will serve as litmus tests to measure the possible fiscal impact of marijuana legalization on a national level. The state of Washington estimates it will generate as much as $1.9 billion in additional revenue in five years due to the legalization of marijuana.
Legalizing Marijuana Would Generate Billions In Additional Tax Revenue Annually

Because it costs 20 billion dollars a year.

If having it be illegal doesn't stop anyone, what's the point of spending 20 billion dollars a year on it?

Better to take in tax revenue (which would be huge amounts) by controlling it's use instead of losing money on a losing war.

plus it would eliminate drug lords in mexico/columbia/bolivia etc...

They might think hard about dropping-out of school

Better to take in tax revenue (which would be huge amounts) by controlling it's use instead of losing money on a losing war.

Do you want us to believe that the main reason you want marijuana legal is for the tax income?

The main reason I want marijuana legal is to stop losing money on a losing war.

plus, to stop making hs drop-outs millionaires & overcrowding prisons w/ non-violent offenders.

Why? Having it be illegal doesnt' stop you!

If having it be illegal doesn't stop anyone, what's the point of spending 20 billion dollars a year on it?

negative

They would push hard drugs like coke and meth. Whatever is outlawed will be available (for a price) from the outlaws.

...and the only way I see to tax them is to pass the Fair Tax.

Why? Having it be illegal doesnt' stop you!

And I don't see a bunch of news articles about stoned drivers killing a family of four. Happens with booze though.
There is much evidence that people are more attentive while high. I have seen no evidence that alcohol does anything but numb the senses.

Alcohol is the worst drug problem this nation has...and it is legal.

Agreed, I once heard someone say that if both pot and booze were invented today and we had to make only one legal, pot would be legal and booze would be banned.

Sounds logical to me.

negative

They would push hard drugs like coke and meth. Whatever is outlawed will be available (for a price) from the outlaws.

...and the only way I see to tax them is to pass the Fair Tax.

Agree again. What difference the drug lords have in a dicussion of legal pot is an apple vs an orange anyway.

The fair tax would collect tons of revenue from the drug lords, revenue that could then be used to go after them.

Last edited:
It would definitely raise the odds

Would pot legalization turn you into a pot head?

I am 63 years old and mature enough to avoid doing such stupid things. However many of the youth of today that have not experienced much in life yet might.

If they wanted to experience pot by now, they already have.

If you wanted to try pot by now, you already would have.

Better to regulate pot and control it's sale then to ignore the current situation with the black market.

Would you rather have kids buy pot from a pusher in high school or attempt to buy it from a store? In which situation do you think a kid would have less of a chance of getting it?

Forum List

Back