WAR: U.S. Military Support For Syrian 'Rebels'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

The Obama administration has concluded that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against the rebels seeking to overthrow him and, in a major policy shift, President Obama has decided to supply military support to the rebels, the White House announced Thursday.

"The president has made a decision about providing more support to the opposition that will involve providing direct support to the [Supreme Military Council]. That includes military support," Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes told reporters.

President Obama has repeatedly said that the use of chemical weapons is a "red line" that, if crossed, would be a "game changer" for more U.S. involvement in the Syrian civil war.

"The President has been clear that the use of chemical weapons - or the transfer of chemical weapons to terrorist groups - is a red line for the United States," said Rhodes in a separate written statement...

"The President has said that the use of chemical weapons would change his calculus, and it has," he continued...

More:
U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line" - CBS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Wag the Dog.

Merged 2 Posts Opening Posts are required to contain personal content, not just a copy and paste with a link. -Intense

Bluster. He sounds like the loon in PRK

They backed away 6 weeks ago when Israel told the US chemical weapons were used. Now, amid scandals, it's a red line again.

Took us 6 weeks? No wonder bombings in Boston happened. Good thing we are storing all the information on you. It's working

-Geaux

Obama is going to waste our tax money prolonging a war, thus prolonging the suffering.

Syrians will still hate us in the end.

73 percent say the U.S. military should not get involved in the conflict in Syria.
So what does our government do? Go with the minority of course.
Government by the People for the People? Not so Much!

73 percent say the U.S. military should not get involved in the conflict in Syria.

I disagree with intervention into Syria as well, but supporting the rebels with materials isn't "getting our military involved' in the conflict. I'm still waiting to see what the specific plan is going to be, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

We should not be supplying military weapons and materials to our enemies. Syrians have made it clear they hate the US and all we stand for, let them look elsewhere for arms.

As someone who knows quite a few Syrians who don't hate us at all, I'm curious as to what you are basing these conclusions on.

Pseudo-cons should be very happy.

Our foreign policy has been mostly bipartisan one that is pro interventionist. Anyone believing that it would change with the election of a democrat was fooling themselves. Lets hope our involvement doesn't escalate things out of control there and that we can help resolve the situation swiftly and with as few casualties as possible. At least one can hope, however reality is that my hopes are not what I believe will happen.

I disagree with intervention into Syria as well, but supporting the rebels with materials isn't "getting our military involved' in the conflict. I'm still waiting to see what the specific plan is going to be, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

I disagree. We should have absolutely no involvement...Zip....Zero...... Nada.....
It is not our problem. The one thing we should have learned from Vietnam was not to get involved in a civil war.

I disagree. We should have absolutely no involvement...Zip....Zero...... Nada.....
It is not our problem. The one thing we should have learned from Vietnam was not to get involved in a civil war.

I wasn't saying if i supported intervention or not, I was pointing out that providing supplies to them is different from "getting our military involved".

obama is going to give al quaeda weapons, then he will send over our military to train the "rebels". Then the insider attacks will start murdering the trainers turning Syria into another Afghanistan.

We should not be supplying military weapons and materials to our enemies. Syrians have made it clear they hate the US and all we stand for, let them look elsewhere for arms.

As someone who knows quite a few Syrians who don't hate us at all, I'm curious as to what you are basing these conclusions on.

How about "Syrian Rebels Pledge Loyalty to Al-Qaeda"
and we all know how much Al-Qaeda loves the US.

I wasn't saying if i supported intervention or not, I was pointing out that providing supplies to them is different from "getting our military involved".

Who do you think will deliver the supplies? Fed Ex?
The US Military will be involved one way or the other.

obama is going to give al quaeda weapons, then he will send over our military to train the "rebels". Then the insider attacks will start murdering the trainers turning Syria into another Afghanistan.

Just like Reagan.

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

The Obama administration has concluded that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against the rebels seeking to overthrow him and, in a major policy shift, President Obama has decided to supply military support to the rebels, the White House announced Thursday.

"The president has made a decision about providing more support to the opposition that will involve providing direct support to the [Supreme Military Council]. That includes military support," Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes told reporters.

President Obama has repeatedly said that the use of chemical weapons is a "red line" that, if crossed, would be a "game changer" for more U.S. involvement in the Syrian civil war.

"The President has been clear that the use of chemical weapons - or the transfer of chemical weapons to terrorist groups - is a red line for the United States," said Rhodes in a separate written statement...

"The President has said that the use of chemical weapons would change his calculus, and it has," he continued...

More:
U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line" - CBS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Wag the Dog.

Merged 2 Posts Opening Posts are required to contain personal content, not just a copy and paste with a link. -Intense

This is a very dangerous move.

They love our foreign aid, money and arms. The rest of what we represent...yah, not so much. We need to divorce ourselves from the shithole that is the ME and bring those resources home.

They love our foreign aid, money and arms. The rest of what we represent...yah, not so much. We need to divorce ourselves from the shithole that is the ME and bring those resources home.

While I don't agree with the way the post is phrased..I do agree overall.

Trade not Empire.

Just like Reagan.
I hope you are not justifying this by saying two wrongs make it right?

Nope, just pointing it out. I personally would not waste one American life on these people. If Rawanda and the Sudan would have had access to oil fields we would probably would have stopped the Genocide there, but nobody cared. The American Military Industrial Complex needs to extract some more blood money from the Government. Oil and defense industry profits, that is what this is all this is about. This Humanitarian bullshit is just the catalyst.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back