War with Russia?

I don't think China will "invade" Taiwan. As China becomes stronger, both economically and militarily, there will be a drift towards normalization between them. Besides, China wouldn't want to disrupt its beneficial (to them) economic/financial relationship with the U.S.

You mean the economic / financial relationship that is one sided? The one where we are the borrower and China is the lender? When our dollar is worthless - and we are now on the brink - when they are no longer interested in the dollar - what will prevent them? China thinks with the mind of the east - not the west - jwoodie - they do not "think as we think" - they do not "feel as we feel" ... they are going to do an invasion on Taiwan as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow! Not a single doubt in my mind! It is going to happen. Mark my words. They are going to do it - they never got over losing Taiwan - they do not think as we do. That is where you are making your mistake. Stop listening to what they say and start watching what they have done and what they are doing. Why do you think Russia joined them for the war games in South China sea this summer? What do you think that was all about? The Chinese are moving towards something. So are the Russians. An invasion on Taiwan is in the works. Wait and see.

I don't think China will "invade" Taiwan. As China becomes stronger, both economically and militarily, there will be a drift towards normalization between them. Besides, China wouldn't want to disrupt its beneficial (to them) economic/financial relationship with the U.S.

You mean the economic / financial relationship that is one sided? The one where we are the borrower and China is the lender? When our dollar is worthless - and we are now on the brink - when they are no longer interested in the dollar - what will prevent them? China thinks with the mind of the east - not the west - jwoodie - they do not "think as we think" - they do not "feel as we feel" ... they are going to do an invasion on Taiwan as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow! Not a single doubt in my mind! It is going to happen. Mark my words. They are going to do it - they never got over losing Taiwan - they do not think as we do. That is where you are making your mistake. Stop listening to what they say and start watching what they have done and what they are doing. Why do you think Russia joined them for the war games in South China sea this summer? What do you think that was all about? The Chinese are moving towards something. So are the Russians. An invasion on Taiwan is in the works. Wait and see.

Taiwan Relations Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carter got some of the wording out of the original Act, and so this is what remains. It doesn't absolutely require our coming to their defense should they be attacked, yet the language implies it. So Carter helped tone it down to we are required to come to their defense.

Given our history on Taiwan any invasion of such is an ACT OF WAR.........Unless we have a wimp in the White House.

The MAD principle still exists and all nations know that it would mean their own destruction. With only 1 Trident Submarine we can destroy Russia. A Typhoon against us does the same to us.

PEACE thru STRENGTH............Which requires a strong leader. They don't want a War with us, even though they aren't are friends.

There is no one capable of engaging in a war with Russia.

China realizes the military strength of the Russians. Which is why she has become so bold in her speech concerning Taiwan and the USA. When China invades Taiwan, and she will....... be sure that Russia will be there to back her and go to war with us which is precisely what Putin is hoping for because his plans are common knowledge to the elite of Russia. His own Alexander Dugan has boasted of this nuclear strike they have planned against us by privately telling people - America will not exist in the future. Remember the news report in Russia where they actually televised a mock nuclear attack on USA by the Russians? How about Mednedev in his speech of I don't want to alarm anyone but if a nuclear response is needed..... oh there have been plenty of signals here but the American people are not getting the message yet.

Yes, the Russians have made their plans and the Ukraine, Poland, Romania, is the least of them.... try all of Europe.. and the middle east..

China can take Taiwan whenever it wants to. I'm surprised they haven't done it by now. obama will do nothing more than issue a strongly worded statement.

Of course America won't exist in the future except as a geographical expression. The land mass has to be called something unless the hispanics rename it Republica del Norte as they have said they would.

There's no need for nuclear weapons against a country without borders. Just walk in.

America is falling from within without firing a shot. Russia and China only need patience as we destroy ourselves economically.

They understand this, but they also understand that we still have a very powerful military. The only way they invade is only if they think a weak President will do nothing.

From the BBC Thursday, 14 August:

"12:25: Mr Putin says he has approved plans to develop a 'military task force' in Crimea, Reuters news agency reports. It is not yet clear what elements will form that force.

"12:29: Photographs are coming in from the centre of Donetsk, which came under heavy artillery fire this morning... Eyewitnesses said the shelling hit a local prosecutor's office, being used by the insurgents."

What tasks might a "military task force" undertake in Ukraine?

BBC News - As it happened - Crisis in Ukraine

A Russian truck convoy is heading to Ukraine to provide "humanitarian assistance" to the areas still controlled by the Rebels. What if Ukraine refuses to let them in? Will Russia go in anyway and effectively annex part or all of Ukraine? Will the Baltic States be next? Will Poland repeat its WW2 role?

Not interested in the blame game, just your assessment of this situation.
The rebels are Nazis. I don't believe in supporting Nazis.

If we go to war with Russia:
  • we won't have to worry about suicide bombers, it'll be real bombers, with real bombs, that are as big as ours.
  • we won't have to worry about getting anthrax in the mail, we'll be getting ICBM's from the toposphere.
  • we won't have to worry about al Qaeda militants with RPG's, it'll be a fully modern, mechanized military, that will be coming to our shores.
If we go to war with Russia, it will be the end of all life on planet earth.

What the heck you mean what?

What ain't no country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in "what"?

The Ukraine isn't NATO. An attack on a NATO country is tantamount to a hot war between two super powers and the eventual use of tactical nuclear weapons at best.

Bush abandoned the ABM treaty years ago under the guise of protecting Europe from Iran and the DPRK. What he was really doing was creating a situation where a nuclear first strike on Russia would be possible to get away with.

I was hoping you had something of value to contribute and had inadvertently created an unintelligible post.

And you failed to respond in an intelligent way. I really don't know what else to tell you.

Estonia was deliberately repopulated with Russians after WW2 and narrowly voted for independence after the collapse of the Soviet Union. There are now more ethnic Russians than Estonians in that country, so a Russian annexation would not be entirely unpopular. Estonia is a NATO member, but "internal unrest" (a la Ukraine?) would not necessarily trigger a military response by other NATO members. Also, it is a remote country for which supplies and support would be difficult. Are they next in line, or will Putin put on hold his dream of restoring the Russian Empire?

NATO is bound by treaty to attack if attacked. If NATO is worth the paper it's written on then Putin would be well advised not to try that kind of crap even though he's been emboldened by a weak U.S. president.

I'm just going to come out and say it. Of all the world leaders, Putin is obviously the most cunning and brilliant. He may be a power-obsessed madman, but that much is obvious.

A Russian truck convoy is heading to Ukraine to provide "humanitarian assistance" to the areas still controlled by the Rebels. What if Ukraine refuses to let them in? Will Russia go in anyway and effectively annex part or all of Ukraine? Will the Baltic States be next? Will Poland repeat its WW2 role?

If Russia attempts to annex Ukraine, nobody will stop them. However, the US and NATO will have military bases all over Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, and on and on and on. That is a situation Russia does not want, therefore I doubt they will try to annex Ukraine or any other part of it.

If Russia attempts to annex Ukraine, nobody will stop them. However, the US and NATO will have military bases all over Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, and on and on and on. That is a situation Russia does not want, therefore I doubt they will try to annex Ukraine or any other part of it.

NATO/EU expansionism will be the likely trigger for
Russia seeking a buffer by itself expanding.

The rebels are Nazis. I don't believe in supporting Nazis.

If we go to war with Russia:
  • we won't have to worry about suicide bombers, it'll be real bombers, with real bombs, that are as big as ours.
  • we won't have to worry about getting anthrax in the mail, we'll be getting ICBM's from the toposphere.
  • we won't have to worry about al Qaeda militants with RPG's, it'll be a fully modern, mechanized military, that will be coming to our shores.
If we go to war with Russia, it will be the end of all life on planet earth.

I disagree that the pro Russian rebels are Nazis. The EU puppets in Kiev are the Nazis.

But I do agree with the rest of your post.

I think Putin has been smart with this "humanitarian" PR gesture. If the Ukraine blocks the shipment, the government in Kiev comes out looking to the eastern Ukrainians, who are mostly Russian descent, as being more concerned with pushing Ukraine sovereignty than helping the people. And, if he trucks are allowed to come in, Russia still wins by beating the Ukraine government at getting the aid in first to recover from the chaos.

This is a master stroke, a real "heads I win, tails you lose" scenario. Putin is not dumb, I think he's smarter than Obama. For sure smarter than the Ukraine leadership.

Estonia was deliberately repopulated with Russians after WW2 and narrowly voted for independence after the collapse of the Soviet Union. There are now more ethnic Russians than Estonians in that country, so a Russian annexation would not be entirely unpopular. Estonia is a NATO member, but "internal unrest" (a la Ukraine?) would not necessarily trigger a military response by other NATO members. Also, it is a remote country for which supplies and support would be difficult. Are they next in line, or will Putin put on hold his dream of restoring the Russian Empire?

Ah the lovely catch phrases. "Restoring the Russian Empire" or "Putin's imperialistic plans".

We're bloody hypocrites aren't we for even uttering any of those phrases? Because if one is truthful one would admit that the major shit disturber on the planet is America.

To be sure other idiotic western countries have at times thrown their lot behind the US, but America has been the leader of the pack each time. We can call it NATO missions but reality screams the US started the shit.

As the USSR was in the process of collapsing we had the first Gulf War. Clinton took on Bosnia. Bush with Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama interfering the Honduras, Egypt, Libya, Syria and the Ukraine.

Crimea votes to join the USSR and then OMG Putin wants to take over the world!!!!!

What a pantload of caca our leaders and our media shovel daily. Sadly too many buy into it.

I disagree that the pro Russian rebels are Nazis. The EU puppets in Kiev are the Nazis.

I might have mis-spoke.

I was referring to the Kiev regime as the Nazi-based group. The ones Russia opposes.

The people called rebels or separatist in the east are not Nazi's. The neo Nazi's have limited authority in the Kiev government. They are called Svoboda which means freedom. Mostly they come from a couple of western cities and are as much nationalist as they are Nazi. They are the political trouble makers due to their demands for nationalistic laws for sure, but only hold a small minority in the parliament. Their real power comes from their militaristic posture. They have had several front line units on the front line fighting the rebels. One of them has recently come under direct control of Kiev, but another operates in cooperation with Kiev but still maintains a volunteer militia type status. They are fiercely patriotic to Ukrainian nationalism and credited with filling the combat role while the Ukraine military got organized to meet the rebel challenge when the Russian "Moscowvite" infiltrators were trying to organize in all the eastern cities.

Last edited:
I think Putin has been smart with this "humanitarian" PR gesture. If the Ukraine blocks the shipment, the government in Kiev comes out looking to the eastern Ukrainians, who are mostly Russian descent, as being more concerned with pushing Ukraine sovereignty than helping the people. And, if he trucks are allowed to come in, Russia still wins by beating the Ukraine government at getting the aid in first to recover from the chaos.

This is a master stroke, a real "heads I win, tails you lose" scenario. Putin is not dumb, I think he's smarter than Obama. For sure smarter than the Ukraine leadership.

Spot on. Putin also has the death toll on his side. It's trickling out finally that Kiev's bombing in the East and the rebel responses to the monsters in charge brings the mortality rate to over 1500 last time I checked.

Isn't it interesting that we hear nary a peep about this? All hell broke loose across the planet when 70 were killed in the fighting in Maidan square. Crickets over the deaths in Eastern Ukraine.

Of course wink wink nudge nudge the protestors in Maidan Square were pure as the driven snow.

Svoboda and Right Sector with guns and molotov cocktails were just peaceful protestors as compared to the "terrorists" in Eastern Ukraine.

I might have mis-spoke.

I was referring to the Kiev regime as the Nazi-based group. The ones Russia opposes.

No problemo. I probably read you wrong. Only on my second cup of coffee.

:D

Now I can completely agree with your post.

Forum List

Back