War with Russia?

OK, tinythinker, you have used up all your chances to form a coherent thought. Time for your nap.

I think Putin has been smart with this "humanitarian" PR gesture. If the Ukraine blocks the shipment, the government in Kiev comes out looking to the eastern Ukrainians, who are mostly Russian descent, as being more concerned with pushing Ukraine sovereignty than helping the people. And, if he trucks are allowed to come in, Russia still wins by beating the Ukraine government at getting the aid in first to recover from the chaos.

This is a master stroke, a real "heads I win, tails you lose" scenario. Putin is not dumb, I think he's smarter than Obama. For sure smarter than the Ukraine leadership.

DennyO gets it. Take notes.

What the heck you mean what?

What ain't no country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in "what"?

The Ukraine isn't NATO. An attack on a NATO country is tantamount to a hot war between two super powers and the eventual use of tactical nuclear weapons at best.

Bush abandoned the ABM treaty years ago under the guise of protecting Europe from Iran and the DPRK. What he was really doing was creating a situation where a nuclear first strike on Russia would be possible to get away with.
Except that the ABM system developed under GWB and continued under The Obama doesn't have the capacity to reduce a Russian counterstrike to the point where a first strike is attractive - intentionally so.

"US spy plane in ‘Top Gun’ game of chicken over Russian air space day after MH17 shot down
American Air Force jet evaded Russian radar by flying into Swedish airspace without permission."
RC-135VW-Rivet-Joi_2995064b.jpg

A USMB poster on a different thread has claimed he knew a Russian translator stationed on Okinawa who told him RC 135Us like the one above would "saddle up" behind civilian airliners and use them as radar cover.

Is that what happened with MH 17?

US spy plane in ?Top Gun? game of chicken over Russian air space day after MH17 shot down - Telegraph

No, I don't think there will be a war. The US and Russia both don't want war with each other.
But if Russia is really going to annex Eastern Ukraine, things can get real tense.

"US spy plane in ‘Top Gun’ game of chicken over Russian air space day after MH17 shot down
American Air Force jet evaded Russian radar by flying into Swedish airspace without permission."

A USMB poster on a different thread has claimed he knew a Russian translator stationed on Okinawa who told him RC 135Us like the one above would "saddle up" behind civilian airliners and use them as radar cover.

US spy plane in ?Top Gun? game of chicken over Russian air space day after MH17 shot down - Telegraph

Where are the air traffic controller tapes the Ukranians hijacked?

Where are the air traffic controller tapes the Ukranians hijacked?
Well, that's another good question I don't know the answer to.
It does seem likely to me both the Russians and the US were heavily involved in Ukrainian politics prior to last winter's regime change in Kiev. The tapes you mentioned would certainly shed some much needed light on what's happened since then.

Forum List

Back