Warmest March on record according to the Japanese Meteorological Agency

Heat can't get out,

The cloud stops the heat from getting out of the ground? How?

pressure keeps the heat in

The pressure of the cloud keeps the heat from getting out of the ground?

my body temperature does not go up because I am under a blanket.

I didn't say your body temperature goes up, I said it makes you feel warmer.

There is no evidence to suggest that happens.

No evidence that green house gasses emit energy toward the ground?
You mentioned a cold night in the desert. Were you wrong?

hahahahaahaha, I don't recall stating ground, but hey why not make stories up since you have no answer.

again with the ground, I supposed the space in between doesn't matter to you, but again, you have no answer.

ah, yeah you did. Now you're lying.

not CO2. I thought I already explained my objective was based on CO2 and not the atmosphere as a whole. but it's obvious you post as a disingenuous sort.

hahahahaahaha, I don't recall stating ground, but hey why not make stories up since you have no answer.

So what did this mean?

"or the heat cannot escape through the denseness of the cloud acting like a lower atmosphere"
The heat leaves ground level and when it can't escape thru the clouds, a couple of thousand feet up, that keeps us warmer on the ground?

During daytime, clouds can block sunlight from reaching the surface, which tends to restrict surface heating. On the other hand, at night, clouds do trap surface heat, making the surface warmer than it would on a clear night.

On the other hand, at night, clouds do trap surface heat,

Trap it how? Where?

Clouds prevent infrared heat from radiating back out to space, particularly at night. This happens anywhere there is cloud cover at night, and is well known and understood.

SSDD and his buddy JC456 don't believe that clouds can emit any of that infrared back down to the ground, because that would violate the laws of physics.

again with the ground, I supposed the space in between doesn't matter to you, but again, you have no answer.

not CO2. I thought I already explained my objective was based on CO2 and not the atmosphere as a whole. but it's obvious you post as a disingenuous sort.

You weren't talking about temperature on the ground during that cold desert night?

No, I said felt warmer. You're confused.

not CO2. I thought I already explained my objective was based on CO2 and not the atmosphere as a whole. but it's obvious you post as a disingenuous sort

I didn't say CO2 either, I said clouds.
So why does a cloudy night feel warmer, on average, than a clear night?
Well I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the groundhogs and prairie dogs coming out of the ground, but surface temperatures I'm sure it does. So were you referring to surface temperatures or the dirt in the ground? Me I was referring to what affects my skin, and that would be surface temperatures since I don't live in holes in the ground. I enjoy the heck out of smartasses, and where I once respected your posts, you've certainly done you share of promoting yourself as one of those warmer whackos. Nice going.

Hey, why does a cloud form at the altitude it does? How is fog able to hang low? let's get into your bullshit.

It's sad when people make an uniformed choice about which side to be on, and then close their minds off to any new information except the latest extreme talking point released as propaganda.

So what did this mean?

"or the heat cannot escape through the denseness of the cloud acting like a lower atmosphere"
The heat leaves ground level and when it can't escape thru the clouds, a couple of thousand feet up, that keeps us warmer on the ground?

During daytime, clouds can block sunlight from reaching the surface, which tends to restrict surface heating. On the other hand, at night, clouds do trap surface heat, making the surface warmer than it would on a clear night.

Trap it how? Where?

Clouds prevent infrared heat from radiating back out to space, particularly at night. This happens anywhere there is cloud cover at night, and is well known and understood.

SSDD and his buddy JC456 don't believe that clouds can emit any of that infrared back down to the ground, because that would violate the laws of physics.
LOL to which you have no evidence of. LMFAO

Heat can't get out,

pressure keeps the heat in

my body temperature does not go up because I am under a blanket.

There is no evidence to suggest that happens.

So what did this mean?

Trap it how? Where?

dude, I finally agree with you on something on this topic!!!

It's sad when people make an uniformed choice about which side to be on, and then close their minds off to any new information except the latest extreme talking point released as propaganda.
Curious, was this directed at me?

You weren't talking about temperature on the ground during that cold desert night?

not CO2. I thought I already explained my objective was based on CO2 and not the atmosphere as a whole. but it's obvious you post as a disingenuous sort

Well I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the groundhogs and prairie dogs coming out of the ground, but surface temperatures I'm sure it does. So were you referring to surface temperatures or the dirt in the ground? Me I was referring to what affects my skin, and that would be surface temperatures since I don't live in holes in the ground. I enjoy the heck out of smartasses, and where I once respected your posts, you've certainly done you share of promoting yourself as one of those warmer whackos. Nice going.

Hey, why does a cloud form at the altitude it does? How is fog able to hang low? let's get into your bullshit.

Me I was referring to what affects my skin, and that would be surface temperatures since I don't live in holes in the ground.

Great. Why does a cloudy night feel warmer than a clear night, at the surface?

Me I was referring to what affects my skin, and that would be surface temperatures since I don't live in holes in the ground.

Like water pressure in a hose, when I put a spray gun on the end of a hose set in the off position, why doesn't water come out? The water can't flow because it is restricted. So IR goes up right? So if it can't go up it lingers until it can holding the warmth at the surface because the IR can't get out. The IR wants to get out, it can't when clouds are there. AGain, in a desert as soon as that sun disappears, the IR says sianara and rushes out to space.

Like water pressure in a hose, when I put a spray gun on the end of a hose set in the off position, why doesn't water come out? The water can't flow because it is restricted. So IR goes up right? So if it can't go up it lingers until it can holding the warmth at the surface because the IR can't get out. The IR wants to get out, it can't when clouds are there. AGain, in a desert as soon as that sun disappears, the IR says sianara and rushes out to space.

The clouds fill up with IR and don't allow more IR to leave ground level?

It restricts it, like the hose if I squeeze the trigger of the spray gun and let some water out it all doesn't come out, it is limited and why the hose stays firm. The clouds allow limited IR through as it releases IR upward to the atmosphere. Eventually the temps will get a little cooler as time goes by. It could be that it holds the heat until the next sunrise and it starts all over.

It restricts it, like the hose if I squeeze the trigger of the spray gun and let some water out it all doesn't come out, it is limited and why the hose stays firm. The clouds allow limited IR through as it releases IR upward to the atmosphere. Eventually the temps will get a little cooler as time goes by. It could be that it holds the heat until the next sunrise and it starts all over.

It restricts it,

But the cloud is cooler than the ground. How can it restrict anything?

It restricts it,

because it is formed due to water vapor and as such absorbs IR waves.

It restricts it,

because it is formed due to water vapor and as such absorbs IR waves.

Yes, water vapor both absorbs and emits IR.
Never seen the claim that it restricts other things from emitting IR.
You have a link?

Every substance in the atmosphere can absorb and retain energy as thermal energy. Water is exceptional in that it also has phase changes and latent heat.

Sorry...not true. But I would llike to hear your description of how a CO2 molecule which absorbs, and then immediately emits LW manages to retain some of that energy.

My main point is that the physics rules are totally different in the two cases. You didn't address that point.

The only rule is that energy doesn't move from cool areas to warm areas without some work having been done to make it happen.

No. I'm saying that if you are going to make statements and observations from your frame of reference you cannot conflate those with phenomena observed in another frame of reference. You have to consistently stick with one frame of reference.

I'm not. I am saying that to a photon, there is zero distance between it and any possible destination it may have and there is no more likelyhood of a photon moving from a cool area to a warm area than there is for energy to convect from a cool area to a warm area.

Look, the detection is by a MASER. That stands for "microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation" That means a microwave is amplified from a stimulation of radiation.

You don't seem willing to grasp that CMB is detected by resonance. It is like sophisticated radio antennas resonating with incoming radio waves and generating a weak electronic signal which can then be amplified enough to detect....you don't actually hear the weak radio wave, you hear the amplified signal that resulted from the resonance frequency.

CMB was not measured, it was detected via a resonance frequency which was then amplified enough be detectable.

My main point is that the physics rules are totally different in the two cases. You didn't address that point.

The only rule is that energy doesn't move from cool areas to warm areas without some work having been done to make it happen.

Temperature and pressure gradients are very efficient at accomplishing said work.

The human body has many heat regulatory systems and adaptive behaviors. It keeps the core temp in a narrow range or it dies.

Clothes or a blanket reduce heat loss if it is cold, reducing the power(food) requirements. Other ways are such things as shivering which burns fuel just to produce waste (but needed) heat, or the faetal position which minimizes the amount of skin exposed to colder surroundings. Blood flow restrictions to extremities is another.

Blankets don't make you warmer in the core but they do reduce the need for more uncomfortable and expensive ways of maintaining your core temp.

Toddster knows damned well that equating a blanket to any sort of radiative transfer is a false analogy....and yet, he is willing to use it in an effort to trick someone...how is he any different from rocks or crick...spewing misinformation that they know is false in the hope of tricking someone into believing them?

The rules I'm referring to are (1) thermal transfer is by a radiant process. (2) Conduction is a process via kinetic energy.

Forum List

Back