Warning! Patriotism Ahead

CWayne

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2019
I'm an Air Force guy so I prefer the Thunderbirds.

But the Navy does some stuff that is pretty damn cool.

They like to make sure the fat lady sings at the end of the show so they put her on display.

Or, as they like to call her.

That sexy bitch.

The United States Navy Demonstration Team Blue Angels featuring Fat Albert.

ETA. That assault landing at the very end is impressive!!

You DO realize that the Navy has better pilots than the Air Force, right? I was stationed with VFA-131 in the early 90's, and we had an Air Force pilot who was stationed with our squadron. I asked, what in the hell is an Air Force pilot doing with a Navy squadron, and they said that the Air Force equivalent of the Navy Top Gun program is to be stationed with a Navy squadron and fly off carriers.

Air Force pilots don't have to worry about having to land on a small assed landing strip that is bucking and rolling, hoping that the hook catches. For Navy pilots, that is daily life on deployment.

You DO realize that the Navy has better pilots than the Air Force, right? I was stationed with VFA-131 in the early 90's, and we had an Air Force pilot who was stationed with our squadron. I asked, what in the hell is an Air Force pilot doing with a Navy squadron, and they said that the Air Force equivalent of the Navy Top Gun program is to be stationed with a Navy squadron and fly off carriers.

Air Force pilots don't have to worry about having to land on a small assed landing strip that is bucking and rolling, hoping that the hook catches. For Navy pilots, that is daily life on deployment.
Nobody cares about that shit. Just as long as the plane with the Communist flag ends up burning on the ground. Fuck Red China and everyone who supports them.

Buncha hot bunkin pier queers.

Sing Cracker Jack.

So, that is what you want to discuss? A dick measuring contest?

Air Force guys won't worry about that shit because they aren't stupid enough to try it.

Air Force guys won't worry about that shit because they aren't stupid enough to try it.

Air Force guys won't worry about it? Well, the AF pilot that was stationed with VFA-131 sure did. And, not only was he stupid enough to try it, he was good enough to keep doing it.

Landing on a carrier ain't as easy as some might think. I had the privilege of being able to spend time in the simulators.

Air Force guys won't worry about it? Well, the AF pilot that was stationed with VFA-131 sure did. And, not only was he stupid enough to try it, he was good enough to keep doing it.

Landing on a carrier ain't as easy as some might think. I had the privilege of being able to spend time in the simulators.
Of course, it isn't easy.

That is why NAVY pilots practice, practice, practice.

Air Force pilots don't have to worry about that. They worry about winning dogfight engagements, making sure they give the rest of the military forces in our country absolute air superiority so that they can conduct operations without fear of the enemy killing them from the skies.

Simply because you don't practice to land on carriers does NOT make you an inferior pilot. That fucking nonsense should have been beaten out of you by your drill instructor.

Thanks I just love this kinda stuff.
Like the gooney bird I think the herky bird is one of the best most versatile aircraft ever designed and built. I rode the things all over SEA. Sadly most of the air shows today are going the way of the dodo bird. No one seems intrested these days, especially today's young folks.

Like the gooney bird I think the herky bird is one of the best most versatile aircraft ever designed and built. I rode the things all over SEA. Sadly most of the air shows today are going the way of the dodo bird. No one seems intrested these days, especially today's young folks.

When I was stationed at Cecil Field FL with VFA-131, I would volunteer to work at all the air shows. Not only did it get me a free meal, but also free entrance, and all for just 1 hour of booth work.

Most impressive plane I ever saw was the Harrier jump jet. The thing did a couple of flyovers, but the last part of the act was that it came in, slowed all the way down to a hover halfway down the runway, turned towards the crowd, and the damn plane BOWED. Then, he turned away, and flew off.

So true.

If I have any passion for something anymore (and I'll be honest, I don't really. I've just been drifting the past five years) it is aviation.

I love it all. From flight simulation to high-performance demonstration teams.

If there is an air show within 150 miles of me, I'm going. I simply love everything about it.

As I said in the OP, I"m Air Force so I'm biased. But that does not mean I think the Navy is inferior. Hell, they take more chances than the Air Force and there are discussion about that.

Either way, when you can feel the rumble of jet in your body as it passes you at 800mph, you're living.

When I was stationed at Cecil Field FL with VFA-131, I would volunteer to work at all the air shows. Not only did it get me a free meal, but also free entrance, and all for just 1 hour of booth work.

Most impressive plane I ever saw was the Harrier jump jet. The thing did a couple of flyovers, but the last part of the act was that it came in, slowed all the way down to a hover halfway down the runway, turned towards the crowd, and the damn plane BOWED. Then, he turned away, and flew off.

If you get a chance to see an F22 raptor do its thing sometime be sure to take it in. I fly and I didn't know an airplane could even do the kinda stuff it does and not fall out of the sky and crash. It just seems impossible. I got to see one at the Reno air races a few years ago which sadly seems on the wane now too.

The last air show I attended, a Harrier did the usual acrobatics, but then stopped at the other side of the air field, waggled it wings (a salute), turn 180 so that its ass was pointed at us and then just accelerated way at full afterburner. That roar lasted about five minutes.

It was awesome.

So true.

If I have any passion for something anymore (and I'll be honest, I don't really. I've just been drifting the past five years) it is aviation.

If there is an air show within 150 miles of me, I'm going. I simply love everything about it.

As I said in the OP, I"m Air Force so I'm biased. But that does not mean I think the Navy is inferior. Hell, they take more chances than the Air Force and there are discussion about that.

Either way, when you can feel the rumble of jet in your body as it passes you at 800mph, you're living.
I was Air Force too. I got out in 1974.

So true.

You REALLY wanna experience living? Stand next to the cockpit of an FA-18 on the leading edge while the AD does full power turns to check the work he just did on the engine. That roar that passed through your body as the plane passed lasts around 10 min while they are doing checks. Your body will vibrate from the experience for a while afterwards.

Forum List

Back