🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Warren and the Divine Right of Capital: Accountable Capitalism Act

You're free to list all the things Goldman forced you to sign.
And you're free to GFY. No one suggested it was all about me either. Not so however for many employees and iPhone owners these days. Having to opt out of a "forced arbitration" clause for example is being "forced" to do something to retain your legal rights. Unless one happens to enjoy having to always stay on their toes and then jump through technobabble hoops to stay ahead of whatever nefarious crap Goldman Sachs type lawyers cook up next to screw a bit more out of everyone they possibly can.

No one suggested it was all about me either

Anyone on this thread forced to sign something by Goldman?

Anyone on this thread in the stock market?
Anyone victimized by GS inflated financial projections?

Goldman Sachs controversies - Wikipedia

"Goldman Sachs was charged for repeatedly issuing research reports with extremely inflated financial projections for Exodus Communications and Goldman Sachs was accused of giving Exodus its highest stock rating even though Goldman knew Exodus did not deserve such a rating.[58]

"On July 15, 2003, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley were sued for artificially inflating the stock price of RSL Communications by issuing untrue or materially misleading statements in research analyst reports, and paid $3,380,000 for settlement.[59]

"Goldman Sachs is accused of asking for kickback bribes from institutional clients who made large profits flipping stocks which Goldman had intentionally undervalued in initial public offerings it was underwriting.

"Documents under seal in a decade-long lawsuit concerning eToys.com's initial public offering (IPO) in 1999 but released accidentally to the New York Times show that IPOs managed by Goldman were underpriced and that Goldman asked clients able to profit from the prices to increase business with it.

"The clients willingly complied with these demands because they understood it was necessary in order to participate in further such undervalued IPOs.[60] Companies going public and their initial consumer stockholders are both defrauded by this practice.[61]"

George was sent to the gulag.
Will you be enrolling?
trump-university-to-reopen-v2-1.jpg

Trump University Reopens

And you're free to GFY. No one suggested it was all about me either. Not so however for many employees and iPhone owners these days. Having to opt out of a "forced arbitration" clause for example is being "forced" to do something to retain your legal rights. Unless one happens to enjoy having to always stay on their toes and then jump through technobabble hoops to stay ahead of whatever nefarious crap Goldman Sachs type lawyers cook up next to screw a bit more out of everyone they possibly can.

"Goldman Sachs was charged for repeatedly issuing research reports with extremely inflated financial projections for Exodus Communications and Goldman Sachs was accused of giving Exodus its highest stock rating even though Goldman knew Exodus did not deserve such a rating.[58]

"On July 15, 2003, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley were sued for artificially inflating the stock price of RSL Communications by issuing untrue or materially misleading statements in research analyst reports, and paid $3,380,000 for settlement.[59]

"Goldman Sachs is accused of asking for kickback bribes from institutional clients who made large profits flipping stocks which Goldman had intentionally undervalued in initial public offerings it was underwriting.

"Documents under seal in a decade-long lawsuit concerning eToys.com's initial public offering (IPO) in 1999 but released accidentally to the New York Times show that IPOs managed by Goldman were underpriced and that Goldman asked clients able to profit from the prices to increase business with it.

"The clients willingly complied with these demands because they understood it was necessary in order to participate in further such undervalued IPOs.[60] Companies going public and their initial consumer stockholders are both defrauded by this practice.[61]"

No.

No.

No.
Are you having a senior moment?

"A 2016 report by Citizens for Tax Justice stated that 'Goldman Sachs reports having 987 subsidiaries in offshore tax havens, 537 of which are in the Cayman Islands despite not operating a single legitimate office in that country, according to its own website. The group officially holds $28.6 billion offshore.'

"The report also noted several other major U.S. banks and companies use the same tax-avoidance tactics.[62]

"In 2008, Goldman Sachs had an effective tax rate of only 3.8%, down from 34% the year before, and its tax liability decreased to $14 million in 2008, compared to $6 billion in 2007.[63]

"Critics have argued that the reduction in Goldman Sachs's tax rate was achieved by shifting its earnings to subsidiaries in low or no-tax nations, such as the Cayman Islands.[64]"

No.

No.

"A 2016 report by Citizens for Tax Justice stated that 'Goldman Sachs reports having 987 subsidiaries in offshore tax havens, 537 of which are in the Cayman Islands despite not operating a single legitimate office in that country, according to its own website. The group officially holds $28.6 billion offshore.'

"The report also noted several other major U.S. banks and companies use the same tax-avoidance tactics.[62]

"In 2008, Goldman Sachs had an effective tax rate of only 3.8%, down from 34% the year before, and its tax liability decreased to $14 million in 2008, compared to $6 billion in 2007.[63]

"Critics have argued that the reduction in Goldman Sachs's tax rate was achieved by shifting its earnings to subsidiaries in low or no-tax nations, such as the Cayman Islands.[64]"

None of Goldman's subsidiaries victimized me with financial projections.
Are you having a moron moment?

No.

No.

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

No.

No.

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

I've never been victimized by a Goldman derivative.

I'll bet you don't even know what a derivative means.

Do you have any examples of corporate tyranny that don't employ government?
I'm unaware of any examples of corporations that don't require government for their existence, are you?

They could exist without government, but they wouldn't have government looking out for their interests - and they wouldn't have nearly as much power.

It is impossible to diminish the power of corporations without using government, but I don't believe it's possible to shrink government without corporations filling that vacuum.

Unless you're talking about giving corporations a police force and an army, your claim is delusional. Corporations don't have the power to coerce us.
They could exist without government, but they wouldn't have government looking out for their interests - and they wouldn't have nearly as much power.
If corporations are created by government, how can they exist without government?

Do you have any examples of corporate tyranny that don't employ government?
I'm unaware of any examples of corporations that don't require government for their existence, are you?

It is impossible to diminish the power of corporations without using government, but I don't believe it's possible to shrink government without corporations filling that vacuum.

Unless you're talking about giving corporations a police force and an army, your claim is delusional. Corporations don't have the power to coerce us.
Depending on you definition of "coerce"
While corporations currently lack the power to use threats or force to compel consumers, they have the power to defraud consumers over and over again largely because government is bribed to look the other way:

The Great American Bubble Machine

"The formula is relatively simple: Goldman positions itself in the middle of a speculative bubble, selling investments they know are crap.

"Then they hoover up vast sums from the middle and lower floors of society with the aid of a crippled and corrupt state that allows it to rewrite the rules in exchange for the relative pennies the bank throws at political patronage.

"Finally, when it all goes bust, leaving millions of ordinary citizens broke and starving, they begin the entire process over again, riding in to rescue us all by lending us back our own money at interest, selling themselves as men above greed, just a bunch of really smart guys keeping the wheels greased.

"They’ve been pulling this same stunt over and over since the 1920s — and now they’re preparing to do it again, creating what may be the biggest and most audacious bubble yet."

Why do you believe weakening an already "crippled and corrupt state" will inhibit the criminal behavior of private tyrannies?

No.

No.

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

I'll bet you know what pump and dump means?

"The bank’s unprecedented reach and power have enabled it to turn all of America into a giant pump-and-dump scam, manipulating whole economic sectors for years at a time, moving the dice game as this or that market collapses, and all the time gorging itself on the unseen costs that are breaking families everywhere — high gas prices, rising consumer credit rates, half-eaten pension funds, mass layoffs, future taxes to pay off bailouts.

"All that money that you’re losing, it’s going somewhere, and in both a literal and a figurative sense, Goldman Sachs is where it’s going:

"The bank is a huge, highly sophisticated engine for converting the useful, deployed wealth of society into the least useful, most wasteful and insoluble substance on Earth — pure profit for rich individuals."

No.

No.

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

"The bank’s unprecedented reach and power have enabled it to turn all of America into a giant pump-and-dump scam, manipulating whole economic sectors for years at a time, moving the dice game as this or that market collapses, and all the time gorging itself on the unseen costs that are breaking families everywhere — high gas prices, rising consumer credit rates, half-eaten pension funds, mass layoffs, future taxes to pay off bailouts.

"All that money that you’re losing, it’s going somewhere, and in both a literal and a figurative sense, Goldman Sachs is where it’s going:

"The bank is a huge, highly sophisticated engine for converting the useful, deployed wealth of society into the least useful, most wasteful and insoluble substance on Earth — pure profit for rich individuals."

Hilarious!!

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

Hilarious!!
006340bd63c57dfbf989add493c8fb13.jpg

Warren is proposing to create a new healthcare plan from scratch that would offer broad benefits and immediately cover tens of millions of people -- those on Medicaid, those over 50, under 18, and anybody else who wants to buy in. She claims that she'll be able to pass it within 100 days, and by year three, the the new plan will be so firmly established that the system will be ready to pass full "Medicare for all."

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

Hilarious!!
I've never been forced to sign something by Goldman.

I've never lost money that's gone to Goldman.

Are you screwed up?
gs_2_mug.jpg

Hilarious!!

I've never lost money that's gone to Goldman
This is not about you, Trump
9485a5c1b8fbce12f6abc34cc72d3158.jpg

"Beginning a pattern that would repeat itself over and over again, Goldman got into the investmenttrust game late, then jumped in with both feet and went hogwild.

"The first effort was the Goldman Sachs Trading Corporation; the bank issued a million shares at $100 apiece, bought all those shares with its own money and then sold 90 percent of them to the hungry public at $104.

"The trading corporation then relentlessly bought shares in itself, bidding the price up further and further.

"Eventually it dumped part of its holdings and sponsored a new trust, the Shenandoah Corporation, issuing millions more in shares in that fund — which in turn sponsored yet another trust called the Blue Ridge Corporation.

"In this way, each investment trust served as a front for an endless investment pyramid: Goldman hiding behind Goldman hiding behind Goldman.

"Of the 7,250,000 initial shares of Blue Ridge, 6,250,000 were actually owned by Shenandoah — which, of course, was in large part owned by Goldman Trading."

Hilarious!!

I've never lost money that's gone to Goldman
This is not about you, Trump
9485a5c1b8fbce12f6abc34cc72d3158.jpg

"Beginning a pattern that would repeat itself over and over again, Goldman got into the investmenttrust game late, then jumped in with both feet and went hogwild.

"The first effort was the Goldman Sachs Trading Corporation; the bank issued a million shares at $100 apiece, bought all those shares with its own money and then sold 90 percent of them to the hungry public at $104.

"The trading corporation then relentlessly bought shares in itself, bidding the price up further and further.

"Eventually it dumped part of its holdings and sponsored a new trust, the Shenandoah Corporation, issuing millions more in shares in that fund — which in turn sponsored yet another trust called the Blue Ridge Corporation.

"In this way, each investment trust served as a front for an endless investment pyramid: Goldman hiding behind Goldman hiding behind Goldman.

"Of the 7,250,000 initial shares of Blue Ridge, 6,250,000 were actually owned by Shenandoah — which, of course, was in large part owned by Goldman Trading."

What have you been forced to sign by Goldman?

Which of Goldman's subsidiaries victimized you with financial projections?

Have you been victimized by a Goldman derivative?

Have you lost money that's gone to Goldman?

Suddenly so quiet... Dave must've shot his eye out.
BREAKING NEWS: NASA and the European Space Agency, in a joint report, today reported that the world does NOT revolve around anonymous internet idiot Grumblenuts.

When asked for comment, Grumblenuts, who uses an avatar of Bernie Sanders (who sold out his supporters in exchange for a ride on a private jet in the 2016 election) could only repeat "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT."

Grumblenuts is being held for psychiatric evaluation.

Forum List

Back