Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?

It was Cain's action of keeping a portion of the offering for himself. Not the offering itself.
You don't learn that until Hebrews 9:26.
Hebrews 9:26
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the bend of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

What does this verse have to do with Cain and his offering?

Genesis says nothing about Satan controlling Cain's offering of the first fruits of his labor.. nor does it say anything about expecting a blood offering instead. You'd have to read the Bible backwards to know that in Genesis. It appears to be an arbitrary and unexpected rejection.
I didn't quote Genesis. But now I will:

Genesis 4:3-7
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

The Lord had respect for Abel's offering and the Lord did not have respect for Cain's offering. Why? In Genesis it doesn't give the reason why the Lord didn't have respect for Cain's offering but the Book of Moses does tell us why. The reason is because offerings were to be made in the similitude of the sacrifice of the Only Begotten of the Father who was chosen before the foundation of the world and was to come in the meridian of time. Cain knew that an offering was to be made that way but was tempted of Satan to offer an unacceptable offering. Upon doing so his offering was rejected. God then tells Cain that if thou doest well thou shalt be accepted but if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

with all my heart. Even more so as I mature.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

To all other atheists watching this, let's ponder what types have been attracted to the biggest con ever inflicted on the human race.

Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?

Thanks.

Regards
DL
9781571892393-us.jpg

Short answer: probably yes

Frank Zappa — 'Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.'

Last edited:
Yes. Why is it not force when you cannot supply definitive proof these silly acts happened.

The thousands of impossibilities in the Bible. Immaculate conception and virgin births, resurrections, dead men walking, turning women into salt, the parting if the seas, and countless numbers of those unquestioned miracles.

Yes. It's a complete lie and I can't explain it any more vivid.
Ah.

It is a language thing.

We are on the same page.

I do not apply words like lies, substantiated or substantial to myths.

Lies, I do not apply to myths.

I guess I could say that the bible is substantial in the sense of a moral teacher.

It teaches poor morals to Christians and good morals to Gnostic Christians.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
with all my heart. Even more so as I mature.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Seek.

Yes.

You do not seek though, as you think you have found a God.

You will not find God by settling for a genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God.

Seek hard my friend as you can find a hell of a lot better.

Regards
DL

I didn't quote Genesis. But now I will:

Genesis 4:3-7
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

The Lord had respect for Abel's offering and the Lord did not have respect for Cain's offering. Why? In Genesis it doesn't give the reason why the Lord didn't have respect for Cain's offering but the Book of Moses does tell us why. The reason is because offerings were to be made in the similitude of the sacrifice of the Only Begotten of the Father who was chosen before the foundation of the world and was to come in the meridian of time. Cain knew that an offering was to be made that way but was tempted of Satan to offer an unacceptable offering. Upon doing so his offering was rejected. God then tells Cain that if thou doest well thou shalt be accepted but if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

norwegen

You don't know why Cain's offering is unacceptable for a thousand years. .. and it's not compared to Jesus.

How could Cain have known what wasn't written until the New Testament? 🤔
The same way they knew before it was written down. They were verbal accounts that were passed down from generation to generation orally. They had way more dialogue than we will ever know.

The account was passed down orally for thousands of years before it was recorded in writing. They knew.

So the account was passed down orally for thousands of years with no mention of sacrificing the Messiah?

norwegen

You don't know why Cain's offering is unacceptable for a thousand years. .. and it's not compared to Jesus.
That God rejected Cain's offering is kind of a mystery. Best I can make of it is that God knew his offering was for an idol. In 4:7, the implication is that Cain is a sinner, which is confirmed when he murders his brother.

That God rejected Cain's offering is kind of a mystery. Best I can make of it is that God knew his offering was for an idol. In 4:7, the implication is that Cain is a sinner, which is confirmed when he murders his brother.
Irrelevant, given that we are all created and designed to be sinners.

We all share in, as Christians sing, --- Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

If you do not sin, you would screw up God's plan.

Omni Gods do not allow that and thus create us all to happily sin.

Neither does nature, as you likely know.

Regards
DL

Irrelevant, given that we are all created and designed to be sinners.

We all share in, as Christians sing, --- Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

If you do not sin, you would screw up God's plan.

Omni Gods do not allow that and thus create us all to happily sin.

Neither does nature, as you likely know.

Regards
DL

I don't think so. We weren't designed to be sinners. Children are certainly innocent at birth. In fact, they don't even know right from wrong until they are a bit older. That's why parents carefully teach and guide them.

Think about it. Weren't we created in God's image?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back