Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?

I don't think so. We weren't designed to be sinners. Children are certainly innocent at birth. In fact, they don't even know right from wrong until they are a bit older. That's why parents carefully teach and guide them.
It's not even about differences between children and adults, really.

God breathed life into Adam. The Adamic people were not sinners; they walked with God.

Until they denied Him, of course, favoring knowledge of something else. Nod's deity, probably.

The Bible then relates centuries of sin, of idolatry and the attendant violence, drunkenness, adultery, debauchery, and all the rest.

Then their Messiah came to rip open the veil they had made that blinded them to their God. The New Creation was now theirs for the taking if they chose it, free of their wayward past.

It's not even about differences between children and adults, really.

God breathed life into Adam. The Adamic people were not sinners; they walked with God.

Until they denied Him, of course, favoring knowledge of something else. Nod's deity, probably.

The Bible then relates centuries of sin, of idolatry and the attendant violence, drunkenness, adultery, debauchery, and all the rest.

Then their Messiah came to rip open the veil they had made that blinded them to their God. The New Creation was now theirs for the taking if they chose it, free of their wayward past.

Thanks. I'll think on that.

Thanks. I'll think on that.
Throughout the Bible, from cover to cover, a single comprehensive story unfolds that chronicles the Creator's relationship with His creation. It is a story of union, separation, and reunion, or to put it in the verbiage of another biblical analogy, of marriage, divorce, and remarriage.

Says who?
Says me and the bible.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Are you suggesting that some of us are not born in sin as they used to say? To sin is how I put it.

Even Jesus chose to be baptized.

Regards
DL

Throughout the Bible, from cover to cover, a single comprehensive story unfolds that chronicles the Creator's relationship with His creation. It is a story of union, separation, and reunion, or to put it in the verbiage of another biblical analogy, of marriage, divorce, and remarriage.

True. It's very predictable. Falling away and redemption is a constant theme in every Bible story.

Says me and the bible.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Are you suggesting that some of us are not born in sin as they used to say? To sin is how I put it.

Regards
DL

Many of the Psalms were borrowed from older Canaanite poetry from Syria.

Says me and the bible.

Regards
DL
David wasn't talking about us; he was talking about David.

"[W]e are all created and designed to be sinners."

Says who?

I don't think so. We weren't designed to be sinners. Children are certainly innocent at birth. In fact, they don't even know right from wrong until they are a bit older. That's why parents carefully teach and guide them.

Think about it. Weren't we created in God's image?
If you do not see God sinning in the bible, go away with your poor moral sense.

Still here.

Education time with a special request that you think about the baby link.

Sin, in evolutionary terms, is the evil to the loser of competitions.

We all need to compete to survive and thus we all want to win, and that is sin in evolution.

It get's TLDR.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane and immoral God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL
-----------------------
Evolutionary theology.

It was the knowledge of God they were seeking, and the bible tells you they found it.

It is good to know good from evil and what God is.

A & E could not know the good of God or obeying him, them actually, without eating of the Tree of all Knowledge.

Right?

Regards
DL

It's Israel's story.

Not yours or mine.

For Christians, the faith was "once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3)

There is no Jew or gentile etc.

Jesus and Gods have many colors.

Gnostic Christians have tied universality to God's own righteousness.

If not for all, the theology is defective.

That reminds me of the divisive aspects in Christianity and Islam.

Regards
DL

You really are daft, aren't you.

They already had knowledge of God. They walked and talked with Him.

Do you not read the Bible?
Did they know if God and his command were good or evil is what is important.

I do recognize that Christians have a problem with morals and good and evil.

For all they knew, Satan had better advice.

Don't forget that she is made the hero of Eden because without her and Eve, Adam would have stayed as stupid as a brick and not even bright enough to reproduce.

You are a Christian and must have sung of Adams sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Read why in that long post just above.

Regards
DL

Is it?

At any rate, they knew God. Then they forsook Him.

I already scrolled past that. Not going back.

You think the Bible says you're a god. When your drivel gets long-winded, I'll pass. No offense.
Yes, knowing what is evil when one is doing it is the benchmark in law for guilt.

Eve did not have any evil intent and thus is innocent of any sin.

That is why sin is attributed to Adam and not Eve.

The bible says exactly that to those who have the moral balls to see it.

That is not you and other moral cowards.

As Jesus asked, have ye forgotten that ye are a God?

Men step up while boys step back.

Regards
DL

Think about it. Weren't we created in God's image?

then who are sinners did so from innocence, the inkling to sin is pervasive and seldom not exercised. putting evil to an end and freeing their spirit is the proper interpretation of a&e's decision for self determination.

- all beings are created as a heavenly image.

Forum List

Back