CDZ Was America Great When?

they didn't have the wheel/iron plows/horses/farm animals for advanced farming like the whites
what are you talking about??
they didn't have the transportation/roads/etc for effective farming as the whites

"Like the WHITES" LoL Bla La - Kindly study Native American HiSTORY
Individuals who use wheeled transportation as a benchmark for measuring civilization fail to take the natural environment into account. Suitable draft animals did not exist in the pre-contact Americas. [1] The two largest animals -- bison and llamas -- aren't readily domesticated to pull carts or chariots.

Terrain was another factor that discouraged the development of wheeled transportation in the Americas. European new to North America often found their wheeled wagons inappropriate for the land they were trying to cross. Frequently they traded this clumsy transport for American Indian forms of transportation – the canoe, snowshoes and toboggans. Indigenous people throughout the Americas used runners to deliver communications. The Inca built a road system that included suspension bridges for their runners.

Failing to consider the environmental context in which American Indian science arose is not only superficial scholarship -- it is racist scholarship.

Note:
  1. Horses, though extant in parts of North America, may well not have been abundant and widespread enough for native human populations to widely opt to domesticate them.

The genus Equus, which includes modern horses, zebras, and asses, is the only surviving genus in a once diverse family of horses that included 27 genera. The precise date of origin for the genus Equus is unknown, but evidence documents the dispersal of Equus from North America to Eurasia approximately 2–3 million years ago and a possible origin at about 3.4–3.9 million years ago.

Following this original emigration, several extinctions occurred in North America, with additional migrations to Asia (presumably across the Bering Land Bridge), and return migrations back to North America, over time. The last North American extinction probably occurred between 13,000 and 11,000 years ago (Fazio 1995), although more recent extinctions for horses have been suggested. Dr. Ross MacPhee, Curator of Mammalogy at the American Museum of Natural History, and colleagues, have dated the existence of woolly mammoths and horses in North America to as recent as 7,600 years ago. Had it not been for previous westward migration, over the 2 Bering Land Bridge, into northwestern Russia (Siberia) and Asia, the horse would have faced complete extinction. However, Equus survived and spread to all continents of the globe, except Australia and Antarctica. (Source)

There is also the matter that Native American culture and religion may not have condoned domestication. To the extent that the cultural/religious mores played a role, they must be considered independently of individual or ethnic intellect. To wit, observers some five-hundred years from now may very well look at our and preceding eras and construe that the actions we have undertaken due to our theistically driven cultural mores distinguish us as less intelligent than are other coexistent cultures that have no such theological foundings and constraints on the nature and extent of activity they undertake or don't undertake.
the whites were making big gun ships/high tech wagons/high tech trains/etc
the NAs were living in the stone age
I don't recognize your ID, so I have only this to say: Surely you don't think I'm going to dignify that insipid retort with a rebuttal?

they didn't even have the wheel
Actually they did have the wheel, what they lacked were draft animals.
please link the Iroquois/Sioux/etc- used the wheel in their culture
P191p1.jpg

they didn't have the wheel/iron plows/horses/farm animals for advanced farming like the whites
they didn't have the transportation/roads/etc for effective farming as the whites

Individuals who use wheeled transportation as a benchmark for measuring civilization fail to take the natural environment into account. Suitable draft animals did not exist in the pre-contact Americas. [1] The two largest animals -- bison and llamas -- aren't readily domesticated to pull carts or chariots.

Terrain was another factor that discouraged the development of wheeled transportation in the Americas. European new to North America often found their wheeled wagons inappropriate for the land they were trying to cross. Frequently they traded this clumsy transport for American Indian forms of transportation – the canoe, snowshoes and toboggans. Indigenous people throughout the Americas used runners to deliver communications. The Inca built a road system that included suspension bridges for their runners.

Failing to consider the environmental context in which American Indian science arose is not only superficial scholarship -- it is racist scholarship.

Note:
  1. Horses, though extant in parts of North America, may well not have been abundant and widespread enough for native human populations to widely opt to domesticate them.

The genus Equus, which includes modern horses, zebras, and asses, is the only surviving genus in a once diverse family of horses that included 27 genera. The precise date of origin for the genus Equus is unknown, but evidence documents the dispersal of Equus from North America to Eurasia approximately 2–3 million years ago and a possible origin at about 3.4–3.9 million years ago.

Following this original emigration, several extinctions occurred in North America, with additional migrations to Asia (presumably across the Bering Land Bridge), and return migrations back to North America, over time. The last North American extinction probably occurred between 13,000 and 11,000 years ago (Fazio 1995), although more recent extinctions for horses have been suggested. Dr. Ross MacPhee, Curator of Mammalogy at the American Museum of Natural History, and colleagues, have dated the existence of woolly mammoths and horses in North America to as recent as 7,600 years ago. Had it not been for previous westward migration, over the 2 Bering Land Bridge, into northwestern Russia (Siberia) and Asia, the horse would have faced complete extinction. However, Equus survived and spread to all continents of the globe, except Australia and Antarctica. (Source)

There is also the matter that Native American culture and religion may not have condoned domestication. To the extent that the cultural/religious mores played a role, they must be considered independently of individual or ethnic intellect. To wit, observers some five-hundred years from now may very well look at our and preceding eras and construe that the actions we have undertaken due to our theistically driven cultural mores distinguish us as less intelligent than are other coexistent cultures that have no such theological foundings and constraints on the nature and extent of activity they undertake or don't undertake.
I don't recognize your ID, so I have only this to say: Surely you don't think I'm going to dignify that insipid retort with a rebuttal?
maybe you don't have a reply
the whites had high tech firearms/etc
the NAs did not ..
I know the truth hurts.......but that's the way it is

Note:

the NAs did not ..
Did you truly think I'd be so easily baited? You repeat essentially what you said before and I'm thus to take it as somehow less insipid...Right....

Note:

the NAs did not ..
Did you truly think I'd be so easily baited? You repeat essentially what you said before and I'm thus to take it as somehow less insipid...Right....
so you agree that the whites had superior/advanced technology? yes or no

Injuns are most famous for being victims

Was America great when America was 100% Native American?

Yes - and it's been great ever since (well until 1-20-17 at least) despite the historical black eyes of the Native American's eradication and slavery.

Assuming we survive Donald Trump and his poop tossing devotees in the House - it will be great again.
We survived oblama. You will be just fine little one stay strong.

Like this guy? View attachment 173597

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
like I said before--they are most famous for being victims
''recent'' Hollywood/movies/etc--they all make the whites out to be MURDERERS of the NAs
''''the whites stole their land''' .....
even on this thread you see it !!!!!!
the blacks say the same thing about the NAs on this forum
I knew a black at work that said the same thing about the NAs--- '' whitey is EVIL--he stole their land'''
hardly ever do you hear of the evil NAs have done

the tv series Centennial is a perfect example
the children's movie Pocahontas also

''recent'' Hollywood/movies/etc--they all make the whites out to be MURDERERS of the NAs
I knew a black at work that said the same thing about the NAs--- '' whitey is EVIL--he stole their land'''

The whites DID steal our land.

the NAs stole land from other tribes

sure --and the NAs raped/murdered/tortured/displaced/decimated/etc other tribes--but you hardly ever hear that

sure --and the NAs raped/murdered/tortured/displaced/decimated/etc other tribes--but you hardly ever hear that

True. I hate that. Washington, Franklin, Twain, basically all famous white Americans hated and despised Indians because they drank, they did Indian Promises (betrayal), and they were extremely primitive, in addition to the extreme violence. Not a good combo.

Somebody said Indians had horses, but that is not true: horses were brought in by the Spanish, this is well known. Indians liked horses and often stole them; the Nez Pearce developed the excellent Appaloosa breed, but one wonders why they didn't domesticate buffalo earlier, and sheep, and goats, all native here. Buffalo are highly suited to domestication, and indeed, we have a farm producing buffalo meat in my county. White farmers, of course. Africans could have domesticated a LOT of their animals: zebras were even bigger than the wild stock our horses came from, but they never did, nor wildebeests or any of their large animals, incl. elephants. Just lack of innate ability, I assume.

True. I hate that. Washington, Franklin, Twain, basically all famous white Americans hated and despised Indians because they drank, they did Indian Promises (betrayal), and they were extremely primitive, in addition to the extreme violence. Not a good combo.

Somebody said Indians had horses, but that is not true: horses were brought in by the Spanish, this is well known. Indians liked horses and often stole them; the Nez Pearce developed the excellent Appaloosa breed, but one wonders why they didn't domesticate buffalo earlier, and sheep, and goats, all native here. Buffalo are highly suited to domestication, and indeed, we have a farm producing buffalo meat in my county. White farmers, of course. Africans could have domesticated a LOT of their animals: zebras were even bigger than the wild stock our horses came from, but they never did, nor wildebeests or any of their large animals, incl. elephants. Just lack of innate ability, I assume.
These Are the Raiders the Great Wall of China Was Built Against

The way they took to horses is more proof of their Mongoloid ancestry. Genghis Khan's thrill-killers wanted to turn the whole earth into a racetrack, destroying any humans or buildings that got in their way.

very interesting points

Forum List

Back