Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

So you believe that Gnostic Christians don’t believe in a supernatural God?

Would Gnostic Christians have named Yahweh a vile demiurge if they believed him real?

Regards
DL
You tell me.

Because if I google what Gnostic Christians believe I find that they believed in two supernatural Gods.

How many supernatural Gods do you believe exist?

Because if your answer is none, you’re an atheist, no?

You are mixing our myths with our beliefs.

We are not literalists of any thinking system.

There is no point in me telling you anything as you do not listen or absorb it and just troll along your own cheap brain dead way.

Regards
DL
Can you provide a link to your beliefs?

Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Chose here means Jesus being chosen to be the messiah and sacrifice to the Father. It also means the Father, --- and Judge in this case, --- deciding to demand and accept what is synonymous to a bribe.

That is an evil act to most people.

If you were the god you are to emulate, would you send your child to die or would you step up?

Should sons bury fathers or should fathers bury sons?

Regards
DL
I choose to posit that Jesus gave his life to kill the old testament God. That would explain how no sign of God or any God-like intervention has been credibly witnessed or described by anybody since biblical times. They're both dead. Their power may still exist, but those 2 are never going to show up again.
On the contrary, signs of God are much more prolific since the Cross than they ever were before the Cross (except in the Garden (no sacrifices in the Garden, i.e., before man fell; no sacrifices in the church, i.e., since his redemption)).

You may think that the transformation of the world from one of shrines and temples to one more cruciform in shape has been the work entirely of man, but those who did the transforming would beg to differ.
My fairy tale is more interesting than yours
If your fairytale is a fairytale, so be it.

Christians and their impact on the world is historical reality. If you wish to think it a fairytale, then so be it. Ignorance is your prerogative.

Christians and their impact is well known. So is the impact of their homophobic and misogynous garbage religion.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values - Top Documentary Films

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Jesus is a "smidge less immoral" than God, and you're a ?#41% Christian. You're fundamentally stupid.

Would Gnostic Christians have named Yahweh a vile demiurge if they believed him real?

Regards
DL
You tell me.

Because if I google what Gnostic Christians believe I find that they believed in two supernatural Gods.

There is no point in me telling you anything as you do not listen or absorb it and just troll along your own cheap brain dead way.

Regards
DL

Try the Nag Hammady library or goggle. I do not have the time to waste on you.

Start an inquiry O.P. and invite me and I will conceder posting there if you change your shit troll attitude.

Regards
DL

I choose to posit that Jesus gave his life to kill the old testament God. That would explain how no sign of God or any God-like intervention has been credibly witnessed or described by anybody since biblical times. They're both dead. Their power may still exist, but those 2 are never going to show up again.
On the contrary, signs of God are much more prolific since the Cross than they ever were before the Cross (except in the Garden (no sacrifices in the Garden, i.e., before man fell; no sacrifices in the church, i.e., since his redemption)).

You may think that the transformation of the world from one of shrines and temples to one more cruciform in shape has been the work entirely of man, but those who did the transforming would beg to differ.

Christians and their impact on the world is historical reality. If you wish to think it a fairytale, then so be it. Ignorance is your prerogative.

Christians and their impact is well known. So is the impact of their homophobic and misogynous garbage religion.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Jesus is a "smidge less immoral" than God, and you're a ?#41% Christian. You're fundamentally stupid.

Let us know what you think of Jesus' no divorce and substitutional punishment policies. Or are you to stupid to articulate it?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Let us know what you think of Jesus' no divorce and substitutional punishment policies. Or are you to stupid to articulate it?

Regards
DL

You mean too. "Or are you too stupid to articulate it?"

Let us know why you follow an immoral leader, Hypocrite.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

I don't know who you refer to. Your poor communication skills at work yet again.

What leader and which of the tenets do you think immoral?

Take all the cheap shots on this Frenchman's spelling all you like.

It shows how small your mind is.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

I don't know who you refer to. Your poor communication skills at work yet again.

Regards
DL

Are you or are not a Gnostic "Christian"?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

I am a Gnostic Christian.

Now answer my question on what immoral tenet you spoke of.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
What christ is your movement named after if not Jesus the Christ, whom you deem immoral?

Regards
DL
You tell me.

Regards
DL

Try the Nag Hammady library or goggle. I do not have the time to waste on you.

Start an inquiry O.P. and invite me and I will conceder posting there if you change your shit troll attitude.

Regards
DL
So that’s a no?

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
But you don’t believe in a God who has supernatural powers?

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
What christ is your movement named after if not Jesus the Christ, whom you deem immoral?

Your Jesus the Christ I do not recognize as your Jesus was never anointed to be the King of the Jews. Jesus was never the Christ.

The Jesus I know is the more eastern mystic Jesus whose ways I follow.
He speaks as follows and you will note that the church or their lying preachers never quote this particular Jesus. I also show why.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
But you don’t believe in a God who has supernatural powers?

No. I am of the older and wiser traditions.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Your Jesus the Christ I do not recognize as your Jesus was never anointed to be the King of the Jews. Jesus was never the Christ.

He speaks as follows and you will note that the church or their lying preachers never quote this particular Jesus. I also show why.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Supernaturally stupid thinking.

What are you thinking, come to think of it? Some esoteric nonsense that Gnostic "Christians" refuse to articulate for us mere humans?

??

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

What are you thinking, come to think of it? Some esoteric nonsense that Gnostic "Christians" refuse to articulate for us mere humans?

Read and listen to post 72 for the first time.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Do you think you're a god?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Chose here means Jesus being chosen to be the messiah and sacrifice to the Father. It also means the Father, --- and Judge in this case, --- deciding to demand and accept what is synonymous to a bribe.

If you were the god you are to emulate, would you send your child to die or would you step up?

Regards
DL
The Father is God and the Son is Jesus but what is the Holy Ghost?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yes, but not the way you foolish supernatural believers define that title.

Here is how I explain my reality, and the one you should adopt.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

I usually follow this up with that Watts link and the rest of what I put in the post above.

If you want to keep believing in a supernatural realm, best to ignore me as I am a realist with a live thinking brain instead of a sheeple and dead brain.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
The Father is God and the Son is Jesus but what is the Holy Ghost?

If Jesus is god, then he is a genocidal prick just as Yahweh is.

Right?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yes, but not the way you foolish supernatural believers define that title.

Here is how I explain my reality, and the one you should adopt.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

I usually follow this up with that Watts link and the rest of what I put in the post above.

If you want to keep believing in a supernatural realm, best to ignore me as I am a realist with a live thinking brain instead of a sheeple and dead brain.

Regards
DL

By our being brethren with Jesus, of course you mean that we're adopted brethren.

Not once in this post have you mentioned the purpose - the very heart - of Christ's ministry. This sounds like the kind of thing any new age guru could have preached two thousand years ago.

For the record, I am not a fundamentalist Christian. I do not caricature the Scriptures like they do who teach a corporeal return of Christ flying in on a cloud like some comic book superhero.

I read the New Testament for what it says, even in its reference to Moses being like a god before pharaoh, even in its likening rulers and authorities to gods, as Jesus does in John Chapter 10.

Forum List

Back