Was the Fed created by democrats or Republicans?

• democrats

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's the Fed?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
So, why’d you bring it up?

1666745726096.png

This guy brought up pensions.

Also @Toddsterpateiot you may wish to contemplate this:

Bottom line: when a government (state or local) can’t handle its own budget (and that includes underfunded pension funds when pension payments keep needing to get paid), the impact may be a declaration of bankruptcy.

A private company’s bankruptcy could impact pensions for retirees, but there is a federal program to financially assist them (akin to the FDIC). As far as I can tell, however, there is no such program for government employees under such circumstances.

No joke. You are being studiously obtuse.

Let me assist you a little:

I live in Chicago, I've heard a lot about stupid government pensions driving localities and states toward bankruptcy.

Also @Toddsterpateiot you may wish to contemplate this:

Bottom line: when a government (state or local) can’t handle its own budget (and that includes underfunded pension funds when pension payments keep needing to get paid), the impact may be a declaration of bankruptcy.

A private company’s bankruptcy could impact pensions for retirees, but there is a federal program to financially assist them (akin to the FDIC). As far as I can tell, however, there is no such program for government employees under such circumstances.

Thanks.
You know what else causes declarations of bankruptcy?
$1.7 billion in investment losses.

I live in Chicago, I've heard a lot about stupid government pensions driving localities and states toward bankruptcy.
No doubt.

You asked for my “point.” And I believe that partly satisfies the request.

Thanks.
You know what else causes declarations of bankruptcy?
$1.7 billion in investment losses.
I don’t disagree with that at all. But in many cases, the investments are for the fund designed to cover pensions.

Ineptitude and/or criminality in that process can be disastrous.

I don’t disagree with that at all. But in many cases, the investments are for the fund designed to cover pensions.

Ineptitude and/or criminality in that process can be disastrous.

Yes, the city Treasurer was, in part, investing for pensions.

If your point was that stupid state and local government promises will drive stupid state and local governments bankrupt........ok. Obviously.
I think the point was clearer than your effort to synopsize it.

Why was it created?

Neither republicans or democrats. I can’t answer your first question without being called a racist so I will refrain.

Your second question is easy. It prevents hyperinflation.

Forum List

Back