Washing machines/dryers prices up 17% under Trump (thank you, tariffs)

You have been trained to love CEOs regardless of what they do. It is funny.

And you have been trained by the left to blame the CEO no matter what. It's funny.
Sorry, but I've very independent actually. Not blinded by partisan stupidity, like you.

Sure, it's just that as an Independent, you always side with the left. When are your kind going to man up and just admit what you are?
Do I? I don't think you know me too well. It may seem that way now since repubs control everything, dems can't really do anything.

I've seen enough of your posts to know what side you always take on issues. Anti-gun, anti-business, anti-CEO. When have you ever taken a conservative stance on anything?
You're actually expecting a Liberal to recognize facts?

You really don't come close to making sense Ray. But you believe whatever Republicans tell you to believe I suppose.

When did Republicans ever address that issue? If most customers refused to use self-checkouts, refused to buy foreign made products, refused to shop at superstore giants like Walmart, do you think they would last very long with no customers?

Quit placing blame on everybody else but yourself. WE CONSUMERS call the shots. We always have and always will.
Consumers didn't ask for self checkout. They didn't ask for phone customer service from other countries.

Correct, they didn't. But as long as they go with the flow, it's the consumers that call the shots. Now that there are self-checkouts, many people use them. If people refused to use them, complained to the manager, the CEO would remove those self-checkouts and replace them with cashiers. If he or she doesn't, their competition will.
I'm quite sure there has been plenty of complaints about them. Fact is there are often no other options.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? If you had a store that was competing against a store that was making their customers unhappy, you don't think you would draw their customers away from that store?

The fact is PEOPLE ARE HAPPY with those machines. It gets them out of the store quicker. In my grocery store, they always have more self-checkouts than cashiers, and in most cases, there are no lines (or shorter lines) than at the cashier checkouts.

If everybody quit using those machines, the store would get rid of them.
Did they cost jobs?

When did Republicans ever address that issue? If most customers refused to use self-checkouts, refused to buy foreign made products, refused to shop at superstore giants like Walmart, do you think they would last very long with no customers?

Quit placing blame on everybody else but yourself. WE CONSUMERS call the shots. We always have and always will.
Consumers didn't ask for self checkout. They didn't ask for phone customer service from other countries.

Correct, they didn't. But as long as they go with the flow, it's the consumers that call the shots. Now that there are self-checkouts, many people use them. If people refused to use them, complained to the manager, the CEO would remove those self-checkouts and replace them with cashiers. If he or she doesn't, their competition will.
I'm quite sure there has been plenty of complaints about them. Fact is there are often no other options.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? If you had a store that was competing against a store that was making their customers unhappy, you don't think you would draw their customers away from that store?

The fact is PEOPLE ARE HAPPY with those machines. It gets them out of the store quicker. In my grocery store, they always have more self-checkouts than cashiers, and in most cases, there are no lines (or shorter lines) than at the cashier checkouts.

Did they cost jobs?
In my town, the kiosks cost jobs.

And you have been trained by the left to blame the CEO no matter what. It's funny.
Sorry, but I've very independent actually. Not blinded by partisan stupidity, like you.

Sure, it's just that as an Independent, you always side with the left. When are your kind going to man up and just admit what you are?
Do I? I don't think you know me too well. It may seem that way now since repubs control everything, dems can't really do anything.

I've seen enough of your posts to know what side you always take on issues. Anti-gun, anti-business, anti-CEO. When have you ever taken a conservative stance on anything?
Anti business? That is funny. What exactly does that even mean? I'm anti-tariffs, just like smart republicans always have been. I can't help it republicans are taking on stupid policies...

Did they cost jobs?
Here too, that was my whole point.

Did they cost jobs?
Here too, that was my whole point.
I wasn't being critical...there are stores that have former checkout people stack shelves.

I'm very fiscally responsible, oh wait conservatives aren't that anymore either.... They are running up deficits during a strong economy.

I'm against the government picking winners and losers, wait conservatives threw that one away too. Now they are handing out corporate welfare right and left. Huge waste of tax dollars.

I'm against the government picking winners and losers, wait conservatives threw that one away too. Now they are handing out corporate welfare right and left. Huge waste of tax dollars.
Do we then continue to deal with foreign subsidizes companies?

Does it matter when it is another country? I really don't worry myself with other countries choosing to do stupid things. If they want to give away their resources what do I care?

Does it matter when it is another country? I really don't worry myself with other countries choosing to do stupid things. If they want to give away their resources what do I care?
They under bid us which builds our welfare pool.

That's because your leftist mentality is that all money belongs to government, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

The truth is that taking less from people is not welfare in any sense of the word. Welfare is when you provide something somebody never had.

They under bid us which builds our welfare pool.
They provide us with cheap products. You'd rather they sell to us for more?

That's because your leftist mentality is that all money belongs to government, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

The truth is that taking less from people is not welfare in any sense of the word. Welfare is when you provide something somebody never had.
No, it is my free market capitalism mentality. Corporate welfare is really bad for capitalism. But your rightist mentality doesn't understand good capitalism.

I'm very fiscally responsible, oh wait conservatives aren't that anymore either.... They are running up deficits during a strong economy.

If the Republicans only spent money on their things and didn't allow spending on Democrat things, then the Democrats would shutdown the government, and as always, the MSM would blame the Republicans only.

Trump and the Republicans promised us things that we support, but they could never get that passed without giving the Democrats things they wanted.

So yes, there is deficit and new debt, but it's not solely the Republicans fault.

If the Republicans only spent money on their things and didn't allow spending on Democrat things, then the Democrats would shutdown the government, and as always, the MSM would blame the Republicans only.

Trump and the Republicans promised us things that we support, but they could never get that passed without giving the Democrats things they wanted.

So yes, there is deficit and new debt, but it's not solely the Republicans fault.
Republicans control the government. They have put spending way ahead of fiscal responsibility. They love spending.

No, it is my free market capitalism mentality. Corporate welfare is really bad for capitalism. But your rightist mentality doesn't understand good capitalism.

Corporate welfare is a term created by leftist to oppose tax reduction. That's all it is and ever was.

If you and I were neighbors, and once a week when you went out to walk your dog, I went into your house and stole 100 dollars, and after a while, I began to feel guilty, so I stopped stealing 100 dollars, and only stole 50 dollars, did I give you 50 dollars a week?

Government doesn't give most businesses anything--they only take less from them. But taking less is not welfare.

Republicans control the government. They have put spending way ahead of fiscal responsibility. They love spending.

And you just displayed your ignorance of politics. Unless Republicans have 60 unified senate seats, they don't really control anything because the Democrats can still stop their agendas.

Corporate welfare is a term created by leftist to oppose tax reduction. That's all it is and ever was.

If you and I were neighbors, and once a week when you went out to walk your dog, I went into your house and stole 100 dollars, and after a while, I began to feel guilty, so I stopped stealing 100 dollars, and only stole 50 dollars, did I give you 50 dollars a week?

Government doesn't give most businesses anything--they only take less from them. But taking less is not welfare.
Republicans in WI are giving Foxconn 3 billion in cash incentives. Sorry, but they are giving away lots of tax payer dollars. It used to be they gave tax breaks, not anymore. You must believe more government influence in business is a good thing. Conservatives used to be smart enough to know it is not good...

And you just displayed your ignorance of politics. Unless Republicans have 60 unified senate seats, they don't really control anything because the Democrats can still stop their agendas.
I know that the dems can do nothing to make them spend more. Repubs love spending.

Forum List

Back