Washing machines/dryers prices up 17% under Trump (thank you, tariffs)

IF that is what has been happening, then we have no need for tariffs or anything! Glad we worked that out.
Tarrifs won’t mess with price to consumers since all products will be the same price!

Never will "all products" be the same price, what kind of world do you live in?

The only way to make that happen is to have the government set the price...but that might be just what you are hoping for.
I want jobs in America and fair trade. It’s not difficult. Ray said it right

We have jobs in America, that is why we are at 3.8% unemployment and have more open positions than people to fill them.

As I have told you in the past, fair is a fairy tale, it is not part of the real world.

What we should have are mutually beneficial trade deals, and the evidence says that is what we have.

So, have you looked over all the tariffs we have in place, since I gave you the link this morning?
Yep, thank you mr president. Time to get it below three. Tarrifs baby

Your president's tariffs have not yet been in effect long enough for even one month's unemployment rate to be affected.

Since the day Trump first tweeted about tariffs the DJI is down 5.26%, the S&P is down 1.7% and the NSADAQ is up only 5.1%.

Job numbers will follow those trends soon.

I’m saying there are lots of products we couldn’t compete. They are quite far away, shipping alone eliminates lots of products.

Container shipping is very cheap. You should know that.

My point stands. I want those jobs. I want to sell more of everything.
The cost of container shipping is more than the cost of many products.

REally? Cause I've seen very cheap products from far, far away.

Made with really cheap labor. We don't have that advantage here. But there are certain products that aren't imported like paper. Even with cheap labor the value of a container of paper is not enough to be imported as the container costs are too high.
There you are with that stealth container comment. What container?
Shipping container. That's how we get items from over seas... Like I said, you have no clue...

IF that is what has been happening, then we have no need for tariffs or anything! Glad we worked that out.
Tarrifs won’t mess with price to consumers since all products will be the same price!

Never will "all products" be the same price, what kind of world do you live in?

The only way to make that happen is to have the government set the price...but that might be just what you are hoping for.
I want jobs in America and fair trade. It’s not difficult. Ray said it right

We have jobs in America, that is why we are at 3.8% unemployment and have more open positions than people to fill them.

As I have told you in the past, fair is a fairy tale, it is not part of the real world.

What we should have are mutually beneficial trade deals, and the evidence says that is what we have.

So, have you looked over all the tariffs we have in place, since I gave you the link this morning?
Yep, thank you mr president. Time to get it below three. Tarrifs baby
If tariffs worked we'd have been using them much more often. Unfortunately they do not and have never worked for anything other than another tax on us. More taxes isn't going to help anything.

I don’t know what the solution is other than Americans sticking together and buying American made products not produced with automation.

The problem is we have three things to choose from:

Cheap products

Good paying American jobs.

Strong market growth for our personal investments or our IRA.

We can’t have all three. We must choose one or perhaps two. We chose cheaper products and stock market growth.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I always try to buy American, and where I can I do buy union made. Do not care if I have to pay more. Same as grocery shopping, I try to only shop at grocery stores that are union. I absolutely do not do self checkout because that is taking away jobs.

Employing people with good wages and good benies is always a good thing for people. MAGA!

I don't ever use self-checkout myself because in doing so, I'm helping to eliminate jobs.
But you fully support the CEOs adding all those self checkouts.

CEO's only try to save the company money. I do support that. What I don't support is putting somebody out of the job because I don't have the extra five minutes to wait in line for a cashier to check me out. If people didn't use self-checkout, the CEO's wouldn't put them in the stores.
Well they are putting people out of the job.

Nope, they are not putting people out of jobs no more than Walmart puts other stores out of jobs. Jobs are lost because of consumers--not CEO"s or overseas products. If the consumer doesn't comply with "whatever" then the issue gets scraped and stores continue to try and satisfy the majority of their customers.

I always try to buy American, and where I can I do buy union made. Do not care if I have to pay more. Same as grocery shopping, I try to only shop at grocery stores that are union. I absolutely do not do self checkout because that is taking away jobs.

Employing people with good wages and good benies is always a good thing for people. MAGA!

I don't ever use self-checkout myself because in doing so, I'm helping to eliminate jobs.

CEO's only try to save the company money. I do support that. What I don't support is putting somebody out of the job because I don't have the extra five minutes to wait in line for a cashier to check me out. If people didn't use self-checkout, the CEO's wouldn't put them in the stores.

Nope, they are not putting people out of jobs no more than Walmart puts other stores out of jobs. Jobs are lost because of consumers--not CEO"s or overseas products. If the consumer doesn't comply with "whatever" then the issue gets scraped and stores continue to try and satisfy the majority of their customers.
You really don't come close to making sense Ray. But you believe whatever Republicans tell you to believe I suppose.

Why not? Are you saying that America is inherently unable to compete?
I’m saying there are lots of products we couldn’t compete. They are quite far away, shipping alone eliminates lots of products.

Made with really cheap labor. We don't have that advantage here. But there are certain products that aren't imported like paper. Even with cheap labor the value of a container of paper is not enough to be imported as the container costs are too high.

It depends on the product. Manufacturers like to produce as close to their customers as they can. It's a business strategy that are used by most.

Container transport is only part of the cost. It's what happens afterwards that adds to the cost.

After containers are brought in by boat, they have to be unloaded. After unloaded, paperwork and perhaps TSA have to do a lot of work to prepare those containers. Products need to be examined, damages need to be assessed.

After all that is done, containers are loaded onto trucks to transport those containers to the railroad yard. Once again, they have to be unloaded, paperwork needs to be done, and checks for damages. Then those containers get loaded on railroad cars.

When those containers reach their destination, again, they have to be unloaded, checked and paperwork needs to be done. Then they load those containers back on trucks which deliver the products to local warehouses.

At the warehouse, they are unloaded, counted, checked for damages, and they call us, local tractor-trailer drivers to deliver that freight to the ultimate customer.

When I get that freight, I have to count pallets, crates, boxes, and make sure no apparent damage exists. Then I can deliver it to our customer.

Overseas production does cost us jobs, but other jobs are created in the process, just not as many as are lost.

You really don't come close to making sense Ray. But you believe whatever Republicans tell you to believe I suppose.

When did Republicans ever address that issue? If most customers refused to use self-checkouts, refused to buy foreign made products, refused to shop at superstore giants like Walmart, do you think they would last very long with no customers?

Quit placing blame on everybody else but yourself. WE CONSUMERS call the shots. We always have and always will.

It depends on the product. Manufacturers like to produce as close to their customers as they can. It's a business strategy that are used by most.

Container transport is only part of the cost. It's what happens afterwards that adds to the cost.

After containers are brought in by boat, they have to be unloaded. After unloaded, paperwork and perhaps TSA have to do a lot of work to prepare those containers. Products need to be examined, damages need to be assessed.

After all that is done, containers are loaded onto trucks to transport those containers to the railroad yard. Once again, they have to be unloaded, paperwork needs to be done, and checks for damages. Then those containers get loaded on railroad cars.

When those containers reach their destination, again, they have to be unloaded, checked and paperwork needs to be done. Then they load those containers back on trucks which deliver the products to local warehouses.

At the warehouse, they are unloaded, counted, checked for damages, and they call us, local tractor-trailer drivers to deliver that freight to the ultimate customer.

When I get that freight, I have to count pallets, crates, boxes, and make sure no apparent damage exists. Then I can deliver it to our customer.

Overseas production does cost us jobs, but other jobs are created in the process, just not as many as are lost.
Yeah, that's why I said certain products...

When did Republicans ever address that issue? If most customers refused to use self-checkouts, refused to buy foreign made products, refused to shop at superstore giants like Walmart, do you think they would last very long with no customers?

Quit placing blame on everybody else but yourself. WE CONSUMERS call the shots. We always have and always will.
You have been trained to love CEOs regardless of what they do. It is funny.

Consumers didn't ask for self checkout. They didn't ask for phone customer service from other countries.

Consumers didn't ask for self checkout. They didn't ask for phone customer service from other countries.

Correct, they didn't. But as long as they go with the flow, it's the consumers that call the shots. Now that there are self-checkouts, many people use them. If people refused to use them, complained to the manager, the CEO would remove those self-checkouts and replace them with cashiers. If he or she doesn't, their competition will.

And you have been trained by the left to blame the CEO no matter what. It's funny.

Correct, they didn't. But as long as they go with the flow, it's the consumers that call the shots. Now that there are self-checkouts, many people use them. If people refused to use them, complained to the manager, the CEO would remove those self-checkouts and replace them with cashiers. If he or she doesn't, their competition will.
I'm quite sure there has been plenty of complaints about them. Fact is there are often no other options.

And you have been trained by the left to blame the CEO no matter what. It's funny.
Sorry, but I've very independent actually. Not blinded by partisan stupidity, like you.

I'm quite sure there has been plenty of complaints about them. Fact is there are often no other options.
In my little town several stores have removed or reduced the auto, never quite working right, kiosks.

Sorry, but I've very independent actually. Not blinded by partisan stupidity, like you.

Sure, it's just that as an Independent, you always side with the left. When are your kind going to man up and just admit what you are?

Sure, it's just that as an Independent, you always side with the left. When are your kind going to man up and just admit what you are?
Do I? I don't think you know me too well. It may seem that way now since repubs control everything, dems can't really do anything.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? If you had a store that was competing against a store that was making their customers unhappy, you don't think you would draw their customers away from that store?

The fact is PEOPLE ARE HAPPY with those machines. It gets them out of the store quicker. In my grocery store, they always have more self-checkouts than cashiers, and in most cases, there are no lines (or shorter lines) than at the cashier checkouts.

If everybody quit using those machines, the store would get rid of them.

Do I? I don't think you know me too well. It may seem that way now since repubs control everything, dems can't really do anything.

I've seen enough of your posts to know what side you always take on issues. Anti-gun, anti-business, anti-CEO. When have you ever taken a conservative stance on anything?

In my little town several stores have removed or reduced the auto, never quite working right, kiosks.

And I'm sure it's because consumers rejected them for whatever reason. No business stays in business long by pissing off their customers.

Forum List

Back