Washington Post: Chris Kyle did not kill enemy sniper "Mustafa"

This is what I'm going to say about people who say they like killing.

The United States of America needs such people, we all need such people.

The United States of America has taken millions of young men and women and trained them in how to kill other human beings.

Part of that training, especially in the Marines and elite forces, is to get them psyched up so that they enjoy it.

When the shit hits the fan, and America is invaded by a foreign army, it will be the people who like to kill that will do the lion's share of defending the rest of us who don't.

And I would say the same is true about any nation, at any time in history. Every nation needs its warriors.

We honor them, and give them medals, and give them fancy funerals if they die, but basically being a soldier is a raw deal.

For very low pay, we ask soldiers to live in the mud, not always without enough rations, without the basics of sanitation, only to fight an enemy and die or lose an arm or a leg.

What sane man or woman would take up that deal unless he had something special inside him that makes him better than the rest of us?

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people on this forum, or Hollywood celebrities, badmouth Chris Kyle or any man or woman who put it all on the line for our country.

People who badmouth our military are the lowest of low-lifes, and in my opinion, they should be deported as undesirables.
The majority of soldiers don't enjoy killing, however, as evidenced by the skyrocketing cases of PTSD and the fact that more of them die via suicide than combat. Again, enjoying killing people, regardless of whether you think they deserve it, is the realm of a psychopath. It does not make them "better than the rest of us."

The United States of America has taken millions of young men and women and trained them in how to kill other human beings.

Part of that training, especially in the Marines and elite forces, is to get them psyched up so that they enjoy it.

When the shit hits the fan, and America is invaded by a foreign army, it will be the people who like to kill that will do the lion's share of defending the rest of us who don't.

And I would say the same is true about any nation, at any time in history. Every nation needs its warriors.

We honor them, and give them medals, and give them fancy funerals if they die, but basically being a soldier is a raw deal.

For very low pay, we ask soldiers to live in the mud, not always without enough rations, without the basics of sanitation, only to fight an enemy and die or lose an arm or a leg.

What sane man or woman would take up that deal unless he had something special inside him that makes him better than the rest of us?

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people on this forum, or Hollywood celebrities, badmouth Chris Kyle or any man or woman who put it all on the line for our country.

People who badmouth our military are the lowest of low-lifes, and in my opinion, they should be deported as undesirables.
The majority of soldiers don't enjoy killing, however, as evidenced by the skyrocketing cases of PTSD and the fact that more of them die via suicide than combat. Again, enjoying killing people, regardless of whether you think they deserve it, is the realm of a psychopath. It does not make them "better than the rest of us."
That's not what I said.

However, I knew two Marines, and I learned a lot about the Marines from them. They were very gung-ho about war, and killing, and eagerly wanted to go to combat. The Marines made them that way.

If you want to say those guys were psychopaths, then everyone in the Marines corp is a psychopath, including it's top generals.

17 Brilliant Insights From Legendary Marine General James Mattis

That's not what I said.

However, I knew two Marines, and I learned a lot about the Marines from them. They were very gung-ho about war, and killing, and eagerly wanted to go to combat. The Marines made them that way.

If you want to say those guys were psychopaths, then everyone in the Marines corp is a psychopath, including it's top generals.

I don't think your anecdote makes the case that all Marines actively enjoy killing. That being said, those Marines who do enjoy killing are obviously psychopaths.

That's not what I said.

I don't think your anecdote makes the case that all Marines actively enjoy killing. That being said, those Marines who do enjoy killing are obviously psychopaths.
You have no right to judge people who are morally, physically, spiritually, and in every other way superior to you.

Well, I know the man had character flaws, but I think it takes someone with unusual character to do what he did.

God only knows what price he paid for all the lives he had to take, mentally, psychologically, spiritually.

It must have weighed heavily on his soul.

That's a higher price then losing an arm or a leg.

I am grateful that such men are willing to make these sacrifices, so that the rest of us can sleep peacefully at night.
According to his book he only suffered a severe strain to his marriage and family life on account of his continually choosing to go to Iraq over his family. Spiritually Kyle claimed to be just fine, and he not only had no qualms about taking the lives that he did but actually enjoyed it. Again, this is all in his book. The movie is not an accurate portrayal, and Kyle would likely have been upset about how he was portrayed.
Who wouldn't enjoy killing ragheads who were trying to kill your buddies...that was his job...he enjoyed his job.
Well, for starters, the only people who enjoy killing anybody are psychopaths. Secondly, if China invaded the U.S. would the Chinese soldiers just be doing their job in killing those Americans who would resist them? Finally, your racist nonsense shows you for the nitwit that you are.
I knew if I poked you a bit you would devolve into a clone of PMS...I was right.
I must've forgotten that you were a racist nitwit.
You don't have to prove me right twice.

That's not what I said.

You have no right to judge people who are morally, physically, spiritually, and in every other way superior to you.
I'd hate to follow the logic that says that people who like to kill other people are superior to people who don't to its conclusion.

Conservatives wet their panties over the thought that American Sniper Chris Kyle killed his alleged sniper-rival, "Mustafa", via an electrifying Super-Duper very long shot.
In fact, the Washington Post notes today that it is unclear whether Mustafa even "ever existed." More from the link:
Did anyone claim that he did?
No but then again many on the left are unaware of the movie term dramatic license at least when it suits their purpose. In fact if one had read American they would have known that Kyle did in fact kill an insurgent from extremely long range however there was never any claim about the insurgent being a sniper or even being identified.

That's not what I said.

I'd hate to follow the logic that says that people who like to kill other people are superior to people who don't to its conclusion.
That's not what I said.

But I will say this:

They are superior to you.

Forum List

Back